Sign in to follow this  
mechastalin

BMD-1 Released!

Quote[/b] ]Sorry, but my old BMP's for OFP don't reaching ARMA's quality standard. I'm working on completely new model for ARMA (some old pics are on our page).

for me they have good quality, if you will release BMP1 in 2008 or 2009 with whole mod it is bad, now we could have some 1985 vehicles, at least till CSLA 3 is released (if after release you will give BMP-1 to reskin into Polish colors )

retexturing BMP1 into Polish colours is few minutes of work and gives me most needed vehicle for my pack of Polish army , but doing my own because of lack of good photos in the internet is bigest problem and costs a lot of time which i don't have :/

your politics is for me understandable

people love your addons and you refuse them to bring it back ?

for exapmle i would like to see Tatra in ARMA, great T80 model, T55 model, for me they have quality enough

other theme - Gaz69 (Marfy is not answering, probably for 2 years he was not iin forum), to make this addon working in ARMA is for me few minutes, to give joy to community...

I've got the BMD1 working in v1.07. All it required was a change of one line in cfgweapons.h.

Change:

rifle: mgun

to

rifle: riflecore

Easily done. If you want, I can host the updated version.

I've got the BMD1 working in v1.07. All it required was a change of one line in cfgweapons.h.

Change:

rifle: mgun

to

rifle: riflecore

Easily done. If you want, I can host the updated version.

sure, throw it up. I didn't think it'd be that simple. But will it work in older versions as well? I kind of don't want to release a new version until it can work in both.

It still works in v1.05, if that's what you mean. I kind of didn't expect it to myself, but all seems fine.

*** IMPORTANT ***

Here she blows: BMD-1 v1.51.

I took the liberty of updating the readme file myself. Enjoy.

Great news!. I'll drop the updated version (with working hatch animations etc.) in friday. Hopefully I get also damaged model/textures finished by then too.

I really have to say that it´s quite confusing which version now is the newest, working with what patch, has tweaked features, textures etc...why not join each others work and make one real "great" version?

IMHO what all addon makers should do is keep the first post updated with the most recent version. I've done it for all my addons, and it works a charm. Maybe Mech should stick a link to the latest BMD there?

I really have to say that it´s quite confusing which version now is the newest, working with what patch, has tweaked features, textures etc...why not join each others work and make one real "great" version?

I'm currently waiting on a reskin from Shadow NX at the moment, but I may put the new sounds and stuff I have into a version for now and just call it done for now.

Edit: Infact, thats what I'll do. Expect 1.52 in a few hours unless Torni wants to wait for his stuff.

Quote[/b] ]Why not join each others work and make one real "great" version?

Well that is what we have been doing. The higher version number is the latest one. With the 1.5 we even included the original missions to the same pack in order to avoid confusion.

Since this is voluntary activity it takes time to get all fixes in place. The goal is to make addons as compatible and good as possible. The new releases will be compatible with 1.07. The changes made BMD-1 and some other addons incompatible, but that is fixed now.

Looking to release the new version on friday. If and when there will be new textures the release number is updated again so forth.

EDIT: But I agree that it would be a good procedure to include the link to the latest release on the first post of the addon thread. It is annoying to go through tens or hundreds of messages. The current link to Armaholic has the latest file 1.5.

Just a quick update on the definitive version, I've cleaned up the textures a bit and removed some of the pixelation, I may or may not do a camo pattern texture.

It is now 100% working in 1.07 and works fine in the armoury, I took it for a few runs around the test track and stuff. But does anybody know how to setup the history text for the Armoury?

You must open a Library class and wright down the description.

Like this:

Code Sample:

class Library

{

libEnabled: 1 (default, the item is listed) / 0 (the item is not listed)

libTextDesc: string (containing the description text)

type: 0 up to and including 11 (type override, allowing you to force the item into a certain category. Use of this entry should preferably be very limited.)

};

Thanks a lot, I managed to get it working to some degree, the text doesn't seem to actually wrap to the box and instead goes outside and you only see one line, but not a major bug at the moment.

The main thing I'm concerned with now is improving shadows, at the moment they seem really jaggy and detached and not constant but that may be my PC.

I do wink_o.gif

class Library

{

libTextDesc = "Vehicle description text goes here";

};

Put it into config. The text must be all part of the same paragraph.

Missile is now wire guided, and thats enough for me. Heading to bed. I'll try and get some finishing touches on it tomorrow like Torni's hatches.

OK. Library is working. I got the texture darkening working for damage. I have to catch some sleep and see if I can still make parts of the model disappear when BMD gets killed - like it happens to all BIS vehicles. But until tomorrow.

OK. Library is working. I got the texture darkening working for damage. I have to catch some sleep and see if I can still make parts of the model disappear when BMD gets killed - like it happens to all BIS vehicles. But until tomorrow.

I believe the disappearing parts is done via alpha channel. Theres also some damage textures already done but I'm not sure if they'll work with the BMD model as they were designed for a stationary object version of the same thing, but they're worth a shot. If you get damage textures and hatches working and sent to me tommorow I think I'll release it.

I had an idea. Back in OFP the Russian modteam ORCS made a lovely BMP-1 model, with a disappearing AT3 missile, basically identical to yours. The missile disappearance was done via script (eventhandler fired causing a hideselection, if I remember correctly) and I doubt it would be too hard or lag-inducing to implement on this vehicle.

Maybe I'm a bit late, but if you could get that in, along with working hatches and damage textures, the BMD-1 would be damn near perfect (excepting normal maps, which are currently impossible to do, anyway).

I had an idea. Back in OFP the Russian modteam ORCS made a lovely BMP-1 model, with a disappearing AT3 missile, basically identical to yours. The missile disappearance was done via script (eventhandler fired causing a hideselection, if I remember correctly) and I doubt it would be too hard or lag-inducing to implement on this vehicle.

Maybe I'm a bit late, but if you could get that in, along with working hatches and damage textures, the BMD-1 would be damn near perfect (excepting normal maps, which are currently impossible to do, anyway).

I worked with it a bit but didn't have much luck as I don't know much about scripting.

[...]the BMD-1 would be damn near perfect (excepting normal maps, which are currently impossible to do, anyway).

Whatever gave you that idea? Normal maps are easily implemented, though its far easier the fewer overall textures you have.

Well can anyone give me hint about how to implement the destroyed versions of vehicles? Wiki is useless. I can get the darkening effect working. So we can nicely now tell apart the destroyed vehicle by it's color, but it would be more than appropriate to get a burned out wreck for destroyed BMDs. So close, but not quite there yet... hitting the wall for two evenings with this.

ArmA moddin fun?

Irritating at the moment... tounge2.gif

EDIT: There has finally been progress! I can now make the selected parts disappear as the vehicle gets destroyed. Now have to get those textures swapped too biggrin_o.gif

EDIT2: OK. More progress. I can now change the destroyed model to whatever I want - even a to pink elephant (if it just exists in ArmA). A new era is beginning what comes to modding. Seems that we are able to finish BMD-1 in style smile_o.gif

Well can anyone give me hint about how to implement the destroyed versions of vehicles? Wiki is useless. I can get the darkening effect working. So we can nicely now tell apart the destroyed vehicle by it's color, but it would be more than appropriate to get a burned out wreck for destroyed BMDs. So close, but not quite there yet... hitting the wall for two evenings with this.

ArmA moddin fun?

Irritating at the moment... tounge2.gif

EDIT: There has finally been progress! I can now make the selected parts disappear as the vehicle gets destroyed. Now have to get those textures swapped too biggrin_o.gif

EDIT2: OK. More progress. I can now change the destroyed model to whatever I want - even a to pink elephant (if it just exists in ArmA). A new era is beginning what comes to modding. Seems that we are able to finnish BMD-1 in style smile_o.gif

Theres a destroyed model for OFP, but that may be a bit too much trouble to get working and it'd probably look strange.

No. I itend to use a separate version made from the model itself. This however means that I have to make a separate model plus write configs for it so that I can call it with a script = extra work. But maybe it is worth of it.

[...]the BMD-1 would be damn near perfect (excepting normal maps, which are currently impossible to do, anyway).

Whatever gave you that idea? Normal maps are easily implemented, though its far easier the fewer overall textures you have.

Impossible to use on existing OFP models, mate. Not impossible full stop. icon_rolleyes.gif