Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Binoculars, why can't i...

I wonder why .... huh.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Why can't "i" walk with binoculars while scaning horizon?</span>

... when we use binoculars we are allowed to look arround and lean with them on (right, left, up and down).

So why can't we walk with it too?

I mean walk slowlly with binoculars on (without having bumps) so we can have a better gameplay with them and use of it too.

It would be very usefull in recon missions. The "lean with it on" was a good idea..

I already felt the need of this "flaw" in alot of coop missions i already played.

In a corner you can lean with your binoculars but if you need another meter to the left or right you are NOT able to do it..

you have to press "B" and walk THAT METER to left/right and turn back in to "B".

Once BIS changed the "V" key vision, Please add this "flaw" to this GREAT Piece of ART!

ps- If someone have other ideas/opinions/suggestions plz say them.

Do you really walk while looking throug Binoclars for real?

I have trouble doing so!

<span style='color:RED'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>I mean walk slowlly with binoculars on...</span></span>

maybe it was not quite clear..

O.K. might be nice, but is not that much of an issue.

I think an anim for binoculars the same as m136 would be nice. IE when you walk, you lower your binos until you stop moving again, same with laser desg. This way you don't have to go through the clumsy inter-anims to move a foot to the right because a bush was in the way..

I think an anim for binoculars the same as m136 would be nice. IE when you walk, you lower your binos until you stop moving again, same with laser desg. This way you don't have to go through the clumsy inter-anims to move a foot to the right because a bush was in the way..

Agreed.

I dont understand why someone would walk and look thru binoculars simultaniously... i agree with Mr. Zig, walking while holding the binoculars would be usefull but looking thru them?!

i agree with Mr. Zig, walking while holding the binoculars would be usefull

Well that would do enough.

Walking while having them at your eyes is stupid. Those binocs give surgeons a hard time when trying to remove them from the crushed eyes because the guy stumbled over some ground-obstacles...

I´m opting for the way that binocs are put in hand when the carrier is moving though.

I dont understand why someone would walk and look thru binoculars simultaniously... i agree with Mr. Zig, walking while holding the binoculars would be usefull but looking thru them?!

He doesn't want to walk 2km with binocs on.

He only wants to be able to move with the binocs on, because when you are hiding somewhere and you want to use binocs, often there is something in the way (mostly some bushes) and then you need to put the binocs down and walk 10 cm to the side, then put them back on to look thru them whether the bush is still obstructing your view - and because it is still obstructing your view, you need AGAIN put binocs down, AGAIN move 10 cm to the side, and AGAIN try to use binocs and hope that you finally see something.

And i agree with him, this is often VERY annoying.

Sure it depends on gameplay, someone doesn't need binocs at all, someone have the habit to use them while bravely standing in the middle of widespread free flat space like he's wanting to be shot, but we, recon soldiers, or snipers, are often using them while hiding in some bushes, etc.

I also think you should be able to walk with your binoculars out but not with them up to your eyes!

Would also be nice and very usefull to use what MrZig described but on prone position beeing able to Roll Over to sides while <s>using Binoculars</s> carring the binoculars in hand.

Edit1: edited text and added PS.

Edit2: now thinking better what MrZig wrote i believe it was better to be able to walk with binos in eyes only when we on slow or scrouched posistion.. because we could/would experience something bad.. have you tryed to fire a M107 in "v" mode and in stand up position?.. you will know what i mean.

PS- I think people are exagerating about the "walk with binocular in eyes". We all know that in real life is possible but you will not see anything trough it.

I just wanted to state the idea of beeing able to move arround with binoculars on our hand.

I would very much like to be able to move while the binocs are equipped, just as MrZig explained. Switching back to your main weapon, take one step to your left/right and switch back to the binoculars - well, this clumsy method already bugged me to no end in OFP. Maybe couple it with the "lower weapon" button, so that you can only move once you've lowered the binocs.

Got to agree, have the binoc's equiped would be handy. Perhaps a change of magnification to? Humm... icon_rolleyes.gif

I wonder why .... huh.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Why can't "i" walk with binoculars while scaning horizon?</span>

... when we use binoculars we are allowed to look arround and lean with them on (right, left, up and down).

I mean walk slowlly with binoculars on (without having bumps) so we can have a better gameplay with them and use of it too.

It would be very usefull in recon missions. The "lean with it on" was a good idea..

I already felt the need of this "flaw" in alot of coop missions i already played.

In a corner you can lean with your binoculars but if you need another meter to the left or right you are NOT able to do it..

you have to press "B" and walk THAT METER to left/right and turn back in to "B".

Once BIS changed the "V" key vision, Please add this "flaw" to this GREAT Piece of ART!

ps- If someone have other ideas/opinions/suggestions plz say them.

I like that idea Bravo 6 !

Especially the "leaning" use of the binocs.

Got to agree, have the binoc's equiped would be handy.

Yes, that is my opinion too.

Pressing a button to take out the binocs and be holding it in the hands (still being able to walk slowly with it).

Then pressing the "optics" button to see through it, like with the m136 or a rifle, but not necessarily being able to walk anymore...

Someone who knows it better how to do, should put this in the wiki...

Edit:

But I think, I can understand, why the use of the binocs was settled this way by BIS: Because, if you could run over the fields always with the binocs at your eyes (wich does not mean, that anyone would necessarily do it smile_o.gif), the game generally would become a little bit the flavour of a normal, easy going action- or tacticshooter...

When I first played OFP and experienced this "character" of using the binoculars, I thought: "Oh, this is a different game, that all others, that I've played before..." And I loved it.

Do you understand?   confused_o.gif

I think small movements would be appropriate, with lowering of the binos a good idea. I mostly use binos on the crest of hills while lying down, and sometimes I wish I could shuffle left or right to see around some bush or pole or something.

In some situations it needs too much time to pocket your binocs imho, therefore a possibility to drop the binocs to the floor instantly, would be a nice addition to the game as well, like you can drop ammo and weapons by now. It takes just too much time to play the whole animation before you can go on with shooting at some targets.

I've experienced situations in which a hostile soldier appeared behind me while i was watching an other direction. I did'nt had any chance to shot him, because of the whole animation that was played before returning to the firearm. But that is like OFP binoc-handling, so many of us are already accustomed to the problem wink_o.gif

However, i fear that all should be part of the official wishlist whistle.gif

It's one of the OFP flaws that got carried over to ArmA; I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to get fixed.  whistle.gif

Amazing how no one mentions that fact that you can't use binoculars in armoured vehicles (Commander) when unbuttoned either? -you could in say, M1TP2.

Anyway,

There is an age-old 'bug' still present in ArmA that was present in OFP confused_o.gif

You have your weapon on 'burst' or 'full' prior to using bins ok. then select bins have a lookie around, see enemy and need to drop him pronto. Switch back to main weapon and it's......yep back to 'semi' mode. Only single round fire... whistle.gif (guns must ALL have worn fire mode switches)

How many times i've been killed because of that annoying 'bug'!!!

Why hasn't this been addressed?

Amazing how no one mentions that fact that you can't use binoculars in armoured vehicles (Commander) when unbuttoned either? -you could in say, M1TP2.

Anyway,

There is an age-old 'bug' still present in ArmA that was present in OFP confused_o.gif

You have your weapon on 'burst' or 'full' prior to using bins ok. then select bins have a lookie around, see enemy and need to drop him pronto. Switch back to main weapon and it's......yep back to 'semi' mode. Only single round fire... whistle.gif (guns must ALL have worn fire mode switches)

How many times i've been killed because of that annoying 'bug'!!!

Why hasn't this been addressed?

...maybe because you didn't reported this "bug" ?