Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Mod Reloaded, Public Beta Release

Btw sickboy the problem with the SCAR sounds - when they are fired 200m away, they sound like they are up close - is that they are stereo. Change to mono and all good. xmas_o.gif

Btw sickboy the problem with the SCAR sounds - when they are fired 200m away, they sound like they are up close - is that they are stereo. Change to mono and all good. xmas_o.gif

We know, but thanks for Sharing. smile_o.gif

Fix is on the way for the next update.

Hi sickboy, thanks again for this mod.

I have one problem, i get frequent "No Message recived for xx sek..." almost every time i use the @6thSenseMod. Any ideas what might cause this behavior? I only play Domination and Evolution maps. i dont have QG if that might be it...

Keep up the good work

Edit: When doing a full reinstall and update the 1.12 update says:

<u>- Version.txt found, but wrong version, expected 1.11 found 1.12

</u> And after that when starting arma I get Error compiling pixel shader PSNormalDXTA.

Edit: Removing bin.pbo in the dta folder seems to fix the above error.

in moment it says wrong version edit version.txt to one number lower and backup updater.exe

it seems there is little glitch where version number is changed before update.exe started

I've never been able to install this Mod. I dl'd the v1.10 for new installation. I click on the installer, select lang., etc. Unfortunately, when I get to the "installing" part of the setup a box pops up and says "Version.txt not found or unreadable, can not continue". That's as far as I get. I've dl'd the new installation files numerous times but it never installs.

I've tried to check all the Mods info available but my eyes are too heavy. Can anyone provide me with a solution, or the link to it.

in moment it says wrong version edit version.txt to one number lower and backup updater.exe

it seems there is little glitch where version number is changed before update.exe started

Yea i did that before i reinstalled. My guess is that my problems are QG related.

Is the BIN.PBO important for the mod? I still get the timeout messages.

Yea i did that before i reinstalled. My guess is that my problems are QG related.

I can't even get this Mod installed for the first time, so I can't offer you any solid solution.

Question though, what steps did you take to get this Mod installed initially? I've tried everything but always get the error message I displayed in my previous post. Any help would be profoundly appreciated.

I can't even get this Mod installed for the first time, so I can't offer you any solid solution.

Question though, what steps did you take to get this Mod installed initially? I've tried everything but always get the error message I displayed in my previous post. Any help would be profoundly appreciated.

I was on the train from day one, and just run the update utility from time2time. After 2 months of not playing Arma i ran it again. And the reported issues arise.

I reinstalled the 1.10, that worked for me, and the "Error compiling pixel shader PSNormalDXTA" disappeared. But still "No message recived for ... sec" is still there...

1.10 Version here, let me know if it works for u.

1.10 Version here, let me know if it works for u.

Thanks for the response. I've dl'd this 3 times already and it's always the same problem. Ahhh what the hell, I'll erase what I have now and re-download using the link you provided. I must be doing something incorrectly just after the dl is complete. My installation troubles most definitely are my own doing. But Christ, I've been trying everything I can think of for weeks.

I'll try again and give an update after I try this installation for the 5th time. biggrin_o.gif

Released v1.12update

[*] Added XAM Ghillie Snipers for West, East and RACS

[*] Added M14 Sopmod M203, ACOG M203 and Aimpoint M203, by Garlay

[*] Disabled the "xxx Position xxx" radio messages once again

[*] Updated Recoils, Weaponsway and other weapon characteristics, by Alex T & Sonsalt

[*] Updated Iraq/Iran Border to latest version, by Allie

[*] Removed PROPER Vehicle insideSoundCoef, as 1.09 and some soundmods already work this out

[*] Removed GDTModGrass due to v1.09beta patch changes

Released v1.11update

[*] Now ArmA v1.09beta patch compatible (Plz. Use the "Play ArmA BETA with 6thSenseMod icon on the desktop")

[*] Updated M14 sopmod models, binarized M14 & HK 416/7. Thanks to Garlay.

[*] Updated Law Models, by Garlay.

[*] Removed healing ability from Special Forces units (Thanks to Garlay for idea)

[*] Updated PROPER_Gameplay_Vehicle_InsideSoundCoef

[*] Added PROPER_UI_Speedup_RscMapControl, PROPER_UI_Speedup_Gear, PROPER_Anims_Working_Healing_Animation, PROPER_Gameplay_Vehicle_StartEngine_Disabled, PROPER_Gameplay_Vehicle_GetInRadius_Expanded, PROPER_Gameplay_Sound_Mine_Explosion_Sound_Effect_Added, PROPER_Gameplay_Object_SupplyRadius_Expanded

[*] Fixed 7.62 sounds (mono sound now. properly set in distance etc) Thanks to Alex T

[*] Various small fixes and changes in weapons behaviour, thanks to Alex T.

IMPORTANT:

[*] You must install the ArmA v1.09beta patch

[*] You must use the new shortcut on the desktop named "Play ArmA (v1.09beta) with 6thSenseMod"

[*] Shortcut basicly does this:

+ Run ArmA\beta\ArmA.exe -mod=dbe1;beta;@6thSenseMisc;@6thSenseMod;@6thSenseQG

+ Keep the "working folder" (Start In), as: ArmA\

[*] You should be able to run without the Kegetys LowPlants addon as BIS fixed the vegetation by themselves etc

Quote[/b] ]But still "No message recived for ... sec" is still there...
We experience no such issues, but the Mod is intended for Single Player, or Multi Player where all parties incl. Server has the Mod (same version installed).
Quote[/b] ]Edit: Removing bin.pbo in the dta folder seems to fix the above error.
that's not fixing the problem wink_o.gif Since v1.11, you need ArmA v1.09beta smile_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]I can't even get this Mod installed for the first time, so I can't offer you any solid solution.
The full setup should never ask for a version number. You sure you didn't download update files instead of full setup?

@Dwarden & Weird Update issues:

This is likely a problem when I make changes to the updater.bat, the nature of dos batch files is that when they are running and get overwritten they continue in the same line in the new file smile_o.gif

Might think of another system for that to prevent these issues smile_o.gif

No. I was dl'in the right one. I just happen to fuck up the installation setup 4 times, but 5 time's a charm!

I finally used a bit of the old noggin' and got your Mod installed.

And lookie here.... An update! Excellent!

Finally, finally, finally I can actually see dem SCARS.

Thanks for answering Sickboy!

The correct version (1.09) solved the "Error compiling pixel shader PSNormalDXTA".

But i still get the "No message recived for xx sec" message. Which in the end means i get disconnected form the server. Its strange, I can join the game perfectly, but after about 60 sec, and the message above, i get disconnected.

The only mods I am running are beta and @6thSenseMod.

Is there any way just to download the update? I'dont think that im willing to d/l huge amount of data every time this mod is updated. Its a nice mod, dont get me wrong, but for every update nearly a gig of d/l is just getting a bit much.

rofl.gif

If you would take the time to read the wiki page you would have found the following:

Quote[/b] ]After installing the mod use the Mod Update Check from the 6thSense.eu ArmA startmenu folder for further updates!

So you have been downloading the same package over and over again? The main package is only updated once in a while.

Sorry to make some fun of this but this is what you get for not taking a minute to read something.

Would be very good if WeaponPack will get an upgrade too!

WeaponPack is only updated if we are finished with its curren contents, this way you don't have to redownload it every week or two. The big 6thsenseMod is the beta testing platform.

This is why the weaponpack will usually be lagging a bit behind the current content that is being gradually introduced into the mod. Gradually is the key word here, you could have noticed that the supressed rifles are still the old models.

rofl.gif

If you would take the time to read the wiki page you would have found the following:

Quote[/b] ]After installing the mod use the Mod Update Check from the 6thSense.eu ArmA startmenu folder for further updates!

So you have been downloading the same package over and over again? The main package is only updated once in a while.

Sorry to make some fun of this but this is what you get for not taking a minute to read something.

I get what you saying mate, but unfortunatelly my time is limited to the point that im bloody greatfull just to see the inside of these forums every now and again let alone going hunting for threads  sad_o.gif . Plus having 3 kids climbing on top of you everytime you sit down in front of the pc, makes  all more difficult to  banghead.gif . But sweeeet holiday is comming up , and im planing to have a week for my self and beloved arma yay.gif

Regards,<>Sharpy<>

Hi. great great pack. really enjoying it.

however i find that scarAK has no ammo when taken from west ammo box. (v1.13)

and East rpk gunner has no ammo by default when placed in editor. (V1.12)

Released v1.15update

[*] Upgraded to latest development version of RUG_DSAI, with more optimizations and better distances the voices can be heard

[*] Added LA_Sumula island, updated ASMap etc. By Alex.Sworn

v1.14update

[*] Added RUG DSAI (Dynamic Speaking AI) By WolfRUG. Mostly rewritten, optimized and tweaked for MultiPlayer

[*] Fixed some missing and wrong magazines. Thanks to Alex T.

[*] Updated Solus & KIllswitch Extended EventHandlers

v1.13update

[*] Split additional functionality from SIX_Misc into SIX_Tools (Settings are now in SIX_Tools.hpp)

[*] Added M14 Eotech M203, HK416 Eotech m203, ACOG m203, HK417 ACOG m203. By Garlay

[*] Admin Tools Teleport option will open map and close map after clicking.

[*] New Admin Tools option: "Set All Players to their Leaders"

[*] Updated Solus Extended Init & Fired Eventhandler system to v1.26

[*] Prefixed AIAccuracy, AIRange and Weapon_Sway  with SIX_Repl_

@Twisted:

Thanks, aswell as thanks for the report.

Both errors were resolved in v1.14

@3k.Baxter:

Only thing I can think of still is that the mod is tested and 'certified' for usage when both Server and Client have the same version installed.

As always good job Sickboy smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Added RUG DSAI (Dynamic Speaking AI) By WolfRUG. Mostly rewritten, optimized and tweaked for MultiPlayer

Upgraded to latest development version of RUG_DSAI, with more optimizations and better distances the voices can be heard

That sounds very promising. Updating now biggrin_o.gif

Are there any links for 1.15? Can't find them sad_o.gif

Please download latest full setup (v1.10)

and use the 6thSenseMod Updater to get to v1.15.

Cheers

You have to install 1.10 full first and use Mod Update Check for further updates. (Maybe Sickboy is making another full version with 6thSense.eu Mod v.2.0....)

Follow the Wiki-link at first page.

edit: biggrin_o.gif

Are there any links for 1.15? Can't find them sad_o.gif

Please download latest full setup (v1.10)

and use the 6thSenseMod Updater to get to v1.15.

Cheers

Ahhh, Cheers mate, didnt know about the updater!

smile_o.gif

E

v1.16update

[*]Yet another "New" Network Engine: Now makes use of publicVariableEventHandlers, split "Network Say", "Network Time" and "Network Callsigns" to have their own variables. Possibly optimizing _a lot_, only a few public variables used, compacter code and no vehicleInits used (every vehicleInit since the start of the game was synced to a JIPper)

[*]Incorporated buffers for certain network functions, ensuring even less traffic

[*]Also moved RUG_DSAI from vehicleInit's to publicVariableEventHandlers

There might've been a small bug, this should fix it:

http://dl2.6thsense.eu/arma/6th-Mod_v1.16hotfix1.rar

Unpack into your ArmA\@6thSenseMod\Addons folder, overwriting the current file

@3k.Baxter:

The v1.16 with hotfix1 might be one that resolves your issues with loosing connection messages etc. Im awaiting ur results.