Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Mod Reloaded, Public Beta Release

Sorry I'm not going to read through all the pages but is it compatible with the 1.09 patch? 6th 1.10 isnt

Sorry I'm not going to read through all the pages but is it compatible with the 1.09 patch? 6th 1.10 isnt

There's a wiki linked in the first post, which saves you reading through all the pages.

Quote[/b] ]is there an updated version of classnames? the wiki one doesnt have any scars.
Will update them soon. If you want the classes quickly, please unpbo six_weapons.pbo in @6thSenseMod\Addons and check CfgWeapons.hpp, it contains the class names for the scar's

v1.17update

[*]Included v1.16hotfix1 (fixes for SIX_Misc)

[*]Updated CRDS: Better player loop, using terminate and eventhandler. Removed unnececairy setDammage 1 in a couple of scripts, probably fixing all the issues people had with spawning dead/as seagull, sudden death, etc. Aswell as fixed issues with respawn.

[*]Updated Tracers to be more optimized and setup the lightsources correctly. Seems someone snuck in unseen some kick ass new feature smile_o.gif

Furthermore:

[*] Updated and tweaked Readme and Wiki page (incl Weapon Class Names)

The fix for CRDS might help a lot of ppl that had issues with:

[*] Spawning dead/as seagull

[*] Respawning very quickly and still getting CRDS effects etc

[*] Sudden death with no apparant reason

If this is confirmed, I will port the changes over to "Pack1"

when I'm trying to launch the mod, my PC is telling me that :

error compiling pixel shader PSNormalDXTA.

Is there somebody who already met this ?

You must use ArmA v1.09beta, and use the special shortcut "Play ArmA (v1.09beta) with 6thSenseMod" on the desktop.

Plz read through the past few posts for more info (1-2 pages back).

Ok, I thank you.

My apologize for not reading the whole topic before asking...

Great mod biggrin_o.gif

Where in the editor can i access the new rifles?

Some of the soldiers are walking around with it, there is also some available in some vehicles (dont remember :P)

There are also ammo boxes located in the #Modern - ALL editor class on side "Empty". You should be able to find:

[*] General Ammo Box

[*] West WeaponBox and Specialbox

[*] East WeaponBox

[*] RACS Weaponbox

You can find the classes, needed f.i in a mission:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/6thSense.eu:Mod_Classes

Hi,

First of all I've been using this for a long time now and really appreciate all the hard work you've put into it.

However... since the 1.15/16 release (maybe before, but not as pronounced), and including 1.17, joining 1.09b servers results in the server crashing almost immediately after spawning. The servers do not have this mod installed (as far as I know only your 6th Sense servers do). This happens on pretty much all gametypes as far as I can tell (definitely Evolution as you might expect, but it has also happened on Domination and regular stock Co-op scenarios), and whether the server is empty and I'm the only one on it, or full of players already.

The "Message not received for xx seconds" problem that has been experienced by posters earlier in the thread is because the server has crashed.

I recognise that you say you only intend for people to use this mod in singleplayer or on servers with the complete mod installed, and I fully appreciate this approach. The fact is though that for whatever reasons you can easily crash servers by joining with this mod, and I think that this needs to be pointed out.

Once again, thanks for all your efforts Sickboy.

Hey,

Thank you very much for your useful report.

Even though 6thSenseMod indeed is meant to be played while every participant incl. the server has it installed...

I understand the issue and will put some effort into resolving.

If you are able to test some around, please try the following scenarios:

[*] Move all SIX_Repl_****.pbo's from @6thSenseMod\Addons away to another folder. Try and see if the problem is still there

[*] Move all SIX_****.pbo's from @6thSenseMod\Addons away to another folder. Try and see if the problem is still there

I should also be able to look into it in one of the upcoming weekends, but if ur in the position to test, it might be fixed sooner.

Hi Sickboy,

I will test it out tonight and post back here with any results I come up with.

Happy to help!

Edit:

Results:

Removing SIX_Repl*.pbo - no difference

Removing SIX_*.pbo (excluding SIX_base.pbo, SIX_MISC.pbo, SIX_weapons.pbo) - no difference

I didn't remove those three SIX_ files because the mod won't run without them - but it looks like one of them might be the culprit. Not sure I can do anything more as like I said the mod won't start without including those files, but if you've got any other ideas I'm quite happy to keep helping.

the server crash not happens if these 3 files are removed

six_weapons.pbo

six_vehicles.pbo

six_characaters.pbo

server crash log shows no usable crash informations ...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0052F7BF

Distribution: 1287

Version 1.09.5208

Fault address: 0052F7BF 01:0012E7BF

arma_server.exe

file: EvolutionB2 (__cur_mp)

world: Sara

Prev. code bytes: 8B 45 FC 6B DB 18 03 58 1C 8B 43 0C 85 C0 74 09

Fault code bytes: D9 80 C0 00 00 00 D9 5E 38 8B 5D 0C D9 46 38 DD

existence of crash cause since 1.00...

Thanks a million, both of you.

This is enough to get me started smile_o.gif

one more little problem running server with just

SIX_CRDS.pbo

SIX_Misc.pbo

SIX_Repl_AIAccuracy.pbo

SIX_Repl_AIRange.pbo

SIX_Repl_WeaponSway.pbo

causes server crash after some time with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Error in expression <s", "_exec"];

_ar = _this select 1;

if (count _ar==0)exitWith {};

_s = _this sel>

Error position: <count _ar==0)exitWith {};

_s = _this sel>

Error count: Type Number, expected Array,Config entry

p.s. this is using latest 1.17 six files

Just as a follow-up:

Before I saw Dwarden had posted, I took out all the non- SIX_ files out and it still crashed.

I guess the weapons file definitely causes the crash, as this is the one that is common between both our reports, and the other two maybe do as well.

If you want to quickly see the crash, join a server (Evolution shows it up quickest), then escape and click respawn, on respawn the server should crash.

Thanks for the reports!

updateWe have a slight issue with our website, links below will hopefully work again around afternoon CET.

Please try: http://dl2.6thsense.eu/arma/SIX_weapons.rar

[*] Move your current SIX_Weapons.pbo away to another folder; backup!

[*] Unpack the SIX_weapons.rar and copy the SIX_weapons.pbo into @6thSenseMod\Addons

[*] See if the problem persists

If the above fixes it, then the problem is the Throw and Put weapon overwrites, which make it possible to use MAPFact.net Grenades and such.

http://trac.6thsense.eu/arma....ons.hpp

Row 6 - 69

Quote[/b] ]p.s. this is using latest 1.17 six files
I will look into it but you are not supposed to take those files from the 6thSenseMod. But instead, directly from the Pack1 and Pack2 releases.

The versions in 6thSenseMod are development versions and possibly unstable. I do not release the stable versions for john doe in Pack1 and Pack2 smile_o.gif

How would i go about taking the weapons only from this mod?

I want to use the scar and optics and the m14 and m21 but dont want the other parts of the mod. No insult intended, we are trying to release a weapon only pack and think these weapons are high quality and should be included. Any help is appreciated.

Sickboy,

The new SIX_weapons.pbo seems to have fixed it. I played on a server with no crashing for 10 minutes as a test, whereas before it would crash immediately. So it looks like you have resolved the issue, or at least worked out what is causing it.

Dwarden, I had no issues at all with replacing the SIX_weapons.pbo file so I don't know where your errors have come from...

BTW sickboy if when your 6th Sense website is back up to full speed you would consider verifying me as a member I would be grateful, forum name is Morello.

What a horrible day yesterday smile_o.gif Had to replace all the server's harddrives and do a full reinstall. Hooray for Backups & Boobies! yay.gif

@Smegleg:

Thanks for testing, and great the cause is found.

The problem is that we had horrible problems with creating a custom throw/put weapon that could be used for custom grenades and charges etc. Hence I overwrote the default put and throw, but this is causing issues in MP where the server does not equal these changes smile_o.gif

I can not say with certainty when it will be fixed, or even IF. but I will look into it and will do my best to work around it.

I've verified you on the web.

How would i go about taking the weapons only from this mod?

I want to use the scar and optics and the m14 and m21 but dont want the other parts of the mod. No insult intended, we are trying to release a weapon only pack and think these weapons are high quality and should be included. Any help is appreciated.

First off, the 6thSense.eu weapons in the mod will end up in the 6thSense.eu Weaponpack as soon as they are deemed ready.

For the rest are the weapons in 6thSenseMod all weapons by Skaven, Vilas and a few more (Check the readme).

BTW, if your post should represent a request for permissions to include our weapons in your pack etc, then it's not a real good one smile_o.gif

lol

It was a kind of request but one that would only get asked if there was a possibility of doing it smile_o.gif

I have managed to do what i needed to do and have placed the needed PBO's in one folder which is now only 380MB which is a respectable size for a weapons pack.

This was not going to be something that i intended to release to the community as a whole but more for use on our dedicated server. By amalgamating it with the swiss arms mod and desert weapons it allows us to have a single weapons pack that would always be active on the server and in everybodies launcher.

Of course if you feel that such a thing would be useful to the community as a whole then with your permission and persmission from the other mod makers i would release it as a single pack.

Great work on these weapons btw, particularly like the SCAR CQB !!

After some thorough testing i have found that the supressed weapons have muzzle flashes - Is there any chance that i can get the original MLOD's for the HK so i can fix the few we are going to use?