Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases: AH-64A and CH-47D

@Commando84

thx for report, AH-64 armor will be updated in the next version. To Enter the empty CH-47 you must disable the Crewcheck or you are play as Pilot.

@Motys

witch Sounds does you mean?

@xnodunitx

This addon is more like a technical demonstration to help all to adapt their addons for ArmA and to use all the features offered by ArmA.

thanks for the choppers

we REALLY need a MI24 and a t-80 banghead.gif

I see more better to get t-95 than t-80 what is already outdated.

notworthy.gif BTW great addition to add these two chopper to game now I´ll get those used on many mp missions.

Any chance you can make a new "spinning rotor" texture?

The rotor blur is too big so it creates huge shadows in the downwash:

ArmA_AH64_MAP.jpg

I tried to make one but failed.. See the white lines.

MfG Lee whistle.gif

i like the addon, its really good made, with a few things they have to be done when the tools come out.

BUT one thin!! when you are in the ah-64 as a gunner, i think the viewpoint is to high. because if i look to the aimpoint i have the cockpit-strutting infront of my eyes.

and than you can shoot nothing because you see nothing biggrin_o.gif

my you can patch the viewpoint of the gunner to lower point huh.gif

but the rest is real nice, played hours with them already !!!!!

greetz

themaster

dunno if this is reported... but i have a slight problem with MAP_Misc wich is required for this addon...

if i use MAP_Misc all the rifles (not machineguns it appers) is invisible, and the bullets are fired from the chest of the soldiers... and the soldier has the "unarmed" animation, meaning, the gun isnt there at all...

however, if i start the game without it i dont have the problem, but then i get a error message about "MAP_AirWeap" requires "MAP_Misc", and some of the weapons on the AH64 dont work...

so, question is... has MapFact updated the MAP_Misc after the 1.05 patch was released?

becouse it worked with 1.02

having a problem getting a group to mount the CH-47D

If I am part of that group (not leader) when the heli comes in to land the leader disconnects from the group and is the only one to mount the heli, if I remove myself from the group the whole group mount the heli fine.

other issue I have seen is sometimes the heli hovers about 10 ft from the ground during the transport unload stage (no objects blocking its path) and the men gain damage from disembarking from that hight.

Shadows are a bit screwed too, when the light is right rather than seeing the shadow of the heli you see the shadows of the men being transported.

all in all considering this was ported without the correct tools then mapfact have done a grand job in getting what must be the most wanted aircraft in to arma so early. notworthy.gif

if i use MAP_Misc all the rifles (not machineguns it appers) is invisible, and the bullets are fired from the chest of the soldiers... and the soldier has the "unarmed" animation, meaning, the gun isnt there at all...

I had the same problem. Make sure you have the latest version of mapfact_misc, and use a modfolder, and it should work fine wink_o.gif

I had the same problem. Make sure you have the latest version of mapfact_misc, and use a modfolder, and it should work fine wink_o.gif

yeah, i noticed they had a updated verion (4 days newer) and that did the trick wink_o.gif

oh, and ofcourse i use mod folders... would be really stupid not to wink_o.gif

Great job!

I hope more of all this old stuff can be exported too. I miss the old lovely hueys huh.gif

Cheers

MapFact...

i hope you guys can figure out how to make multiple turrets on a chopper....

would love the CH47 with .50cal MG´s in both windows and on the rear ramp smile_o.gif

keep up the good work guys (and gals?) and please... let others know how you got things to work (like the turret on the AH64)

I guess that's not a technical problem, as we can copy it from the Uh-60. wink_o.gif

great , thanks a lot for releasing both ...

now i pray for

airv22underslungm777lglk0.jpg

Yep ..... I've been thinking the new AV8 animations may give that beastie some life.

Yet to see if you can animate / rotate the rotor axis's in ArmA .....

oh plz god make it happen! inlove.gif that osprey if its the right name? looks wonderful. I really see it would be useable and futuristic cool. smile_o.gif haha lol maybe a half-life mod for Arma? you knew the place where the special forces drop down from opsreys in ropes pistols.gif

I figure I'd post this in here, as I only noticed it after installing Mapfact addons;

I have no addons at all ingame huh.gif

I have tried placing the Map files in my Addons folder. Nothing

I have tried placing them in the Addons folder of the @Mapfact mod folder. Nothing

It's the same thing for every other addon I've tried. before installing 1.05, addons worked fine, so I'm lost crazy_o.gifconfused_o.gif

how about reinstalling the game?

putting 1.05patch direct over 1.00 game or whatever version you have ?!

I have the UK version (1.04)

I reinstalled before patching

Gnat @ Mar. 12 2007,13:44)]Yep ..... I've been thinking the new AV8 animations may give that beastie some life.

Yet to see if you can animate / rotate the rotor axis's in ArmA .....

the nossels on the AV8 rotates when you engage auto hover...

would be possible to make it the same with the engines on the V22 i suppose... just hope the rotors can rotate with the engines smile_o.gif

hey Sash, just found out i got the same problem, after playing vanilla Arma for a couple days i dloaded these addons, plus the fdf sound pack , another heli and a btr and zilch, nada, zero, no modfolders seem to work, only if i place addons in ArmA\AddOns will they appear...wtf?

running 1.04 patched to 1.05 on a brand new pc i just installed Xp SP2 into.

I like the AH-64 very much as it is the first helicopter that I can really handle in ArmA (apart from the Littlebird maybe). The flight model is less sensitive than the AH-1's thumbs-up.gif

the AH-64 realy sounds cool it totaly kick when im fighting on the ground and then there comes bmps. i hear the rotor sound and BAM there is the dam* nice chopper comming in whit back-up thx great addon pistols.gif  yay.gif

that V22 would rock the BF on supporting

Can anyone be gentle and tell me how to get those choppers please.

I went on Modfolders, i did everything that it was told, i even downloaded ArmA Launcher and followed their instructions but, i still don`t see those choppers in the game. I went in the editor and tried to create an air unit and all i have is the basics one. When i`m going in the mission tab, i get a ctd.

Thanks in advance

Here's the link to see the error that i'm getting

http://i18.tinypic.com/4hvfatu.jpg

hey Sash, just found out i got the same problem, after playing vanilla Arma for a couple days i dloaded these addons, plus the fdf sound pack , another heli and a btr and zilch, nada, zero, no modfolders seem to work, only if i place addons in ArmA\AddOns will they appear...wtf?

running 1.04 patched to 1.05 on a brand new pc i just installed Xp SP2 into.

*speaks in glass* Hey Bonko, long time no speak smile_o.gifwink_o.giftounge2.gif

Yeah I started off by putting addons in the default Addons folder, and that's when i noticed none were available ingame, so I moved them into different mod folders (FDF, Mapfact, RealismSoundMod) and still nothing.

I still have the problem sad_o.gif