Mapfact releases: AH-64A and CH-47D

Marco-Polo-IV @ Mar. 09 2007,11:42)]@swtx

run all inoff. Addons from Mod-Folders, so you don't have any trouble

How do one do that?

Marco-Polo-IV @ Mar. 09 2007,11:42)]@swtx

run all inoff. Addons from Mod-Folders, so you don't have any trouble

How do one do that?

Check this, but please do not discuss that further here. smile_o.gif

Out of interest (I hva no tools on the lappy, so cant d/l and check) has any effort been made to optimise either of the models (texture count, mapping etc) or are they straight ports with the new selection names?

sweet biggrin_o.gif got to give these a try later today. Will you guys port over any othere ofp stuff to Arma? smile_o.gif

i found a bug!

when entering a EMPTY helo u get this german error message

http://www.bfbugtracker.com/full/arma%202007-03-09%2014-03-26-65.jpg

and im outside of the helo .

If i make a AI in the helo, everything works fine...

if i make an map with the helo as player, it also works ok.

it seems that empty helo's cant be entered due to this error.

(more images: http://www.bfbugtracker.com/full/ )

Hi

That message isn't an error message.

It says that your player hasn't pilot-skills and cannot fly this helo.

But of course it's a bug, that this message is german

it seems i have to work on my german skills.....

apart from that this addon is a AWESOME JOB!

Thank you MAP crew! One of my favorite helicopters arrived earlier than expected smile_o.gif

Just had a brief 15 min flight test and the AH-64 handles very nice (much better than stock Cobra).

Noticed one thing but that could be my settings, when flying at night with NVG's the image where quite dark (not so when sitting as gunner)?

Anyway, great work and kudos to everyone involved!

/KC

Out of interest (I hva no tools on the lappy, so cant d/l and check) has any effort been made to optimise either of the models (texture count, mapping etc) or are they straight ports with the new selection names?

Not sure at all, but I think they are straight ports.

back again smile_o.gif

i am now able to see what you have done and trying to get the gun working on my own port of bis ah64.

one thing is doing my head in maybe you can help.

in the config you use refference memoryPointGun = "machinegun";

but in the p3d the memmory point is named maschinegun << emphasis on the S.

is this simply a german or other way to say the same word and arma deals with it , or is it deliberatly written this way to ,workaround something.

once again ty for any info and the un coded (now i got cpbo) config.

@DM: There haven't been many changes beside porting it, but still there are some smile_o.gif

@deanos: Sounds like a bug to me. wink_o.gif I doubt ArmA has a german2english translator for selections/points biggrin_o.gif

Excellent. Now if we can get someone to create the Havoc to balance things out, then we can use this excellent piece of work in the two Team v Team tournaments that are out there.

Why would you want a Havoc when there's a Hokum? Why do people always request more in addon release threads? Why can't you be satisfied with the hand for now, leave the arm for later eh icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, what's really needed is a Hind.

Nice job Mapfact, although the Chinook, as well as having the already known bugs, looks really ugly compared to everything else in ArmA, but that's nothing you did. Thanks for the Apache smile_o.gif

What I'm really looking for is a two-seated russian attack helo.

An Mi-24 Hind would be great for this as well.

Again GREAT JOB on the Apache

Nice job Mapfact & Marco Polo!

Apache been always one of my favs smile_o.gif

great work, thanks alot, was trying to get a ah64 working together with deanosbeano.. but everything except the turret worked. Thanks for this "breakthru".

Now if I only could solve my last bug I want to fix and release the Btr80.. then I could try your stuff, damn addon making steal all your gaming time wink_o.gif

great work, thanks alot, was trying to get a ah64 working together with deanosbeano.. but everything except the turret worked. Thanks for this "breakthru".

Now if I only could solve my last bug I want to fix and release the Btr80.. then I could try your stuff, damn addon making steal all your gaming time wink_o.gif

What's the problem on your BTR?

Quote[/b] ]@deanos: Sounds like a bug to me. wink_o.gif I doubt ArmA has a german2english translator for selections/points biggrin_o.gif

well thats what i thought ,but there was no difference when i renamed it machinegun (standard map ah64 p3d) to my noob eye.

was asking before i try to learn it all and apply to the apache me an granq was trying to get going , which is more of a pmc type and will hopefully have the cargo on wing all things being equal.

ApacheRescue12.jpg

the uk maines try a rescue attempt using AH in afghanistan

thanks for the choppers

we REALLY need a MI24 and a t-80 banghead.gif

But one mistake was done !

THX a lot goes to Raedor for his translating and entry-help for the Biki !

Damn we forgot him in the Readme !

Again thx Phil !

Marco and MCPXXL

What's the problem on your BTR?

you get stuck on bridges.. happens to "all" addons released so far, that means the danish car, and my test car.

Anyway, we will probaly release the BTR 80 very very soon, so stand by then you can try it yourself.

Quote[/b] ]@deanos: Sounds like a bug to me. wink_o.gif I doubt ArmA has a german2english translator for selections/points biggrin_o.gif

well thats what i thought ,but there was no difference when i renamed it machinegun (standard map ah64 p3d) to my noob eye.

was asking before i try to learn it all and apply to the apache me an granq was trying to get going , which is more of a pmc type and will hopefully have the cargo on wing all things being equal.

http://www.mod.uk/NR....e12.jpg

the uk maines try a rescue attempt using AH in afghanistan

Cargo Proxy, Franze did this with his AH-64's. Oh and congragulations with the CH-47D.

The YAH-64 being back is eh..grand..congrats...but you could have done a bit more work on it, Marco.

really nice birds except that the Chinook doesnt feel like a chinook in the air and when it crashes its strange when the rotors disapear totally, maybe would look better when half rotors are left on the chinnok? Also the apache totally sounds like in ofp and thats pretty great so i can distinguish it from a cobra thumbs-up.gif

also any chance you can tweak up the apaches armor just a little bit? cause right now i only get a slight hit from the shilka and the apache spinns to the ground crazy_o.gif

other than that excellent job! i love the glowing display panel inside the apache btw. looks high tech! biggrin_o.gif

also as the others reported that emtpy chinook cant be entered :P

and any chance of a 2 gunners chinook? pistols.gif