Sign in to follow this  
celery

Headshots disabled in 1.05?

Ok, this is good, I hope some people use this thread as an example of how much better it is to try to figure out what the problem is instead of mindlessly complaining, leaving BIS wandering in the dark and feeling bad.

No soldier sim will last long without the ability to make clean head shots! This is a major flaw and I hope BIS sorts it quickly.

There have been far too many issues with this patch. BIS really needs to test much more before releasing updates and not be so pressurised by the gaming community over release dates. I was not expecting this patch so soon after release of 505 and would have been happy to wait many weeks for a properly tested one. This sort of thing just makes them look bad, and only the ‘die hard’ fans will continue to praise them now!

Fortunately I am a ‘die hard’ fan but my patience won’t last forever! mad_o.gif

LOL that is a joke, right? EVERYONE has been complaining about the 1.05 delay after 505 release. Serioulsy, for the love of god, stop asking 1 thing and the complete opposite, each one being so sure he is right and the other is wrong...

Anyway, for multiplayer, I think auto-aim is disabled, I did 2 headshots in a row last night on 2 guys I was only seeing their head (they were standing behind a wall, 1 might even have been you, Celery, or some other MCY member xmas_o.gif I remember saying to myself "hey I know this guy, seen his name before!")... Anyway, a chest shot wouldn't have connected and I'm not that good to have hit twice the helmet.

Needs further testing, though

whisper: did u test it on AI targets, too?

Nope, I'm doing it at the moment. I was just reporting for the MP part smile_o.gif

EDIT : tested and definitely confirmed. Head shot totally bugged. Like...totally tounge2.gif

EDIT 2 : doh! I completely misunderstood your question! No! Didn't tst it online against AI. gonna do it asap!

Right after proper testing (ta LazyGun smile_o.gif ) :

This bug appears also in MP

Exactly same behavior against other players or AI.

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Ok, now this can be quite a problem in MP...

In a gamere where shooting is the primary way to play said game= interact in the gameworld enviroment, this should not even BE a problem. Makes ya wonder.

Bugger, there go my plans for a stealth op in 1.04 at least if you hit them in the head they went down without a sound, though yelling out if they got hit in the chest or elsewhere.

I just tried it in the mission editor, auto aim OFF point blank range aiming at their heads, still hit their bodies

I was playing multi player today and took out a guy behind a wall with only head showing using kvsd, he went down?

You still hit his body, the bullet made a fast turn after the wall. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Yeah it's an issue. In my 1.04 (505 Games) you could make headshots without them cying out "Arghhhh!" and alerting their comrades. This made stealth and using silenced weapons a valid tactic.

I am currently working on a stealth mission with numerous patrolling guards. When I testrun it and I kill them with silenced weapon none of them goes "Arghhhh!" and unless anyone else is nearby to spot the killing the rest goes unalerted. Just like it should be actually.

The headshot issue has to be dealt with though.

After some testing I have found out that this "auto-aim-bug" only happens when the enemy is standing. If the soldier is crouching or prone, he will die normally without crying out.

Strange eh?

I have added this in Mantis.

yay, same thing here. maybe a bug or some kind of censorship?!

yay, same thing here. maybe a bug or some kind of censorship?!

Nah, it's a bug.

I'm sure BI is gonna release some kinda hotfix soon - since it's a problem with the auto-aim feature.

did we report it in the BTS yet?

did we report it in the BTS yet?

On page 2, sbsmac reported it here.

Quote[/b] ]I've reported this on the bugtracker as issue 2131

I'm sure BI is gonna release some kinda hotfix soon - since it's a problem with the auto-aim feature.

I confirm the problem.

For your information: it is not related to auto-aim at all. It is caused by a bug in collision detector.

I confirm the problem.

For your information: it is not related to auto-aim at all. It is caused by a bug in collision detector.

Great feedback!

Cheers notworthy.gif

I confirm the problem.

Great feedback!

Cheers notworthy.gif

wow, now thats really good feedback, and fast. *thumbsup*

So I guess the trick is, how can you get them to lay down without alerting them so you can then shoot them in the head? biggrin_o.gif

So I guess the trick is, how can you get them to lay down without alerting them so you can then shoot them in the head?  biggrin_o.gif

Perhaps ask politely?

Kudos to BIS (Suma in particular) for the nice reaction time. Now we just have to wait for the next patch sad_o.gif .

Yeah, that's why I was thinking this should be released as a hot fix. I believe it can cause major trouble in MP.

i wondered why when i was shooting AI in the head they never died instantly.. was quite stressful then i thought it was just my aim puft.. thank god for that rofl.gif