Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

Infantry, prepare to be amazed

These updates I hear of are only getting better and better everytime. Reminds me a bit of True Combat which is a great thing.

how about powered scope? how about them??? crazy_o.gif

edit, after seeing the new video, does this mean that the red dot sights are now function like as it should ? wow_o.gif

Reminds me a bit of True Combat which is a great thing.

Yeah! That's what I want to say. tounge2.gif

Because crosshair is forbidden in True Combat, everyone has to use iron sight even in close combats. This feature makes True Combat realistic and exciting CQB sim. I hope ArmA will also be a realistic CQB sim with patch 1.05. thumbs-up.gif

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Feb. 28 2007,11:20)]

I don't second that  confused_o.gif  war is ugly!

lol, SOBR...I meant the MOD True Combat: Elite for Enemy Territory, not actual combat.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Feb. 28 2007,11:20)]

I don't second that  confused_o.gif  war is ugly!

lol, SOBR...I meant the MOD True Combat: Elite for Enemy Territory, not actual combat.

some of TC devs are now @ Red Orchestra OstFront 41-45 smile_o.gif

If you look at the video, not even close.

What's wrong with them?

Reflex sights are calibrated to a point where the bullet will pass through at a certain range. If the sights are not aligned, say, the shooter is aiming left, the red dot will be way over to the left of the sight (or perhaps off of it). Likewise, if you start moving your head around behind the sight, the red dot will appear frozen in space- the red dot will appear to be fixed to your frame of reference but the sight and whatever it's mounted to will move like stuff does when you move your head around. I was looking online for some videos but I can't find them. If you check out dsleyxci's infiltration videos, it's adequately modelled in that game.

I just keep getting surprised by the additional features and fixes they release. OFP was the most played game I have ever owned. Looks like this one might knock it off the hard drive. wink_o.gif

Thanks, Dsleyxci. I found this in the meantime. This time it's a virtual reflex sight in il2: 1946. Coincidentally, the machinima was recorded by kegetys.

You can see that there is an error with 6doF in il2 in that the gunsight reticle can be seen on the dashboard aswell as in the gunsight. Pretend you only see it in the gunsight smile_o.gif

A superb addition to ArmA.

But does the AI use it as well? The whole "slowly aligning the gun by only moving along one axle" in OFP (I don't know about ArmA, can't play it) is one of the most annoying realism killers I have ever experienced.

Watched the freeaim vid once again. After seeing Track IR in use with sights up, I know I will hang out in that mode as primary, and when needed, go to irons down. Exactly the reverse of what I do now. biggrin_o.gif

Good job on the iron sights! No more motion sickness for the most of us...

I was wondering if this could be implemented into vehicles as well. Many of times its just difficult to control a humvee or tank because it seems as though the driver has his neck braced to the vehicle itself. It's very stiff. Off-road driving can be very disorienting at times.

I think if we could have a sort of "bounciness" to the driver's view then maybe vehicle control might be easier. The immersion value might increase by a bit too.

As of now i dont think anyone could ride the motorbikes in first person view. Difficult if 3rd person view has been disabled.

Am I the only person that thinks free-aim in iron sights isn't realistic?

Last time I checked when you aim a weapon you attain a cheek weld which locks your head do it...

Hello...sorry to enquire...

¿is possible to downlod tis patch?

Thanks.

Last time I checked when you aim a weapon you attain a cheek weld which locks your head do it...

If you think it's "unrealistic", feel free to turn freeaim off.

As of now i dont think anyone could ride the motorbikes in first person view. Difficult if 3rd person view has been disabled.

Agreed. tounge2.gif

Motorbikes in real world is far easier to ride than that in ArmA. I never have such heavy sight trembling when I drive motorbikes in reality.

Yea, BI forgot to simulate how the joints at the hips, and the discs in the spine all the way up to the shock absorbing neck.

Actually, in RL when you raise your weapon to shoulder and start walking while aiming forward you dont "attain a cheek weld"

You can imagine this by taking a broomstick to your shoulder and then pressing your cheek against the stick like you would be aiming hard on target.

Try to walk , and you loose orientation completely, only sneeking is viable like this.

But, when you actually raise your weapon to shoulder, and maintain a LOS to target targeting above the sights/barrel line, you can move and still shoot the first shot with adequate precision... the next shot will be the aimed one with the cheek weld.

I dont know about them special forces guys, but this was what they teach us in the infantry.

So realistic in ArmA? ...from the video i´d say it´s pretty close to what i would expect it should be.

i´ve allways hated the ofp model where the rifle is bolted to your skull, so this is wellcomed change.

If you think it's "unrealistic", feel free to turn freeaim off.

But what if I want free aim when unsighted, but not when sighted ala OFP?

I'm not trying to be a smart arse but I've been shooting for years and it's just not realistic in my IMHO, I can understand why some people would like it but I'd at least like the option to have free aim at the hip but not when sighted like in OFP.

@BDamage, I don't need a broomstick mate if I want to walk around with a weapon sighted I can do it with any number of the rifles I own. I understand walking around with your weapon shouldered and in line with your field of view (in fact I have practiced this quit a bit), but that's not what I am talking about. The on the move implementation is great I think.

I am talking about when you are standing still and aiming, the way you can pan it around within your field of view while remaining perfectly sighted. To have your sight picture the sights need to be aligned in front of your shooting eye. Yes there is a small field of play that you can shift the weapon around in independent of your head and eye without losing the sight picture, but it is nowhere near the size of the field in the game (though, at least it's not as ridiculous as Inf where you could move it to the edge of your view perfectly sighted).