Sign in to follow this  
m16a2m203

Amazon.com US AA Pre-Order - $19.95

Amazon Link

If price goes lower between now and release date, you get lower price.

Kentuky Kid found it lower...

Quote[/b] ]It's back to normal now, but here it's $17.99, found with pricegrabbe at http://www.jr.com

Looks like the dollar = pound philosophy doesn't just apply to Vista  whistle.gif

I'm speechless... even the czech download version costs almost twice as much...

On the other hand that's a good excuse to buy another copy fully patched in may...

Where's my card...

so EU pay half of the US vision lol biggrin_o.gif

i payed 44.40 Euros plus 10% off whit the discount pass

but it is totaly worht it pistols.gif

Something is very wrong with that price. Low prices may be good for us but they are generally a bad sign. I wouldn't like to see ArmA ending up in the "5€ value bin" anytime soon and I definitely don't want to see BIS going downhill... we need Game2!

Once BIS have cleared up all the bugs/issues in the game, they will probably need to release an expansion similar to "Resistance".

If it sells this cheap all over the US, I wonder what kind of profit BIS will be making.

BIS will have made a deal with the publisher (in this case Atari) for their payment and Amazon will have made a deal with Atari and will subsequently set their price to acheive a pre-decided profit level based on sales projections. Hence the low price. Its not rocket science.

This just tells you about the confidence level the US retail might have for ArmA now. Hard to say why - perhaps it's because the US average consumer is shifting towards the new generation graphic cards & dual-core/core2 duo cpu's in time for the new generation graphics games. And ArmA isn't a particularly dual-core friendly game. It has somewhat outdate game engine geared for an outdate PC platform of the Pentium4 cpu. Just my guess...

Seeing as the us release is 3 months away, I think its just stategy. Do pre-orders for dirt cheap to try and keep the american market from buying the european versions. I'm sure when it hits the shelfs in north america the price will be higher.

or that they know they have to compete with the "we shouldn't talk about them" around the net. Doesn't matter, I'm in for 1 order. Thanks BIS.

US $20 huh.gif

Thats equal to €15 ... that was the price for OFP GOTY in the recent years up to today.

Holy shit ... new games usualy cost around €40 - 50 over here in Germany and I just cant get why BIS is selling the game for €15 in the US.

Crap .... I cant believe it crazy_o.gif

Everything is cheaper in the US..

Arrrggg, I paid $70w/shipping to USfor German version in Dec (well worth it btw) have to almost laugh at somewhere sombody said that whoever BIS went with would have to charge like $70 to make it, $20 bucks is just unbelieveable considering what I've seen so far. $50 is more about what I expected to pay.

That is cheap, my order is placed. Thats alot better sicne I ordered both cz and german version for 70usd each. lol on top of that i had to send the german version to the uk and i had to pay a guy from there to send it to me lol. Now I wish i waited for the sprocket version, oh well I have two copies I can FRAME.

That's high for such a crappy game. I'd buy it if it was closer to $10.00 but $20.00 is just a rip off. Buyer beware.

Uhh blackdog, when this game is so bad why browsing this forum with posting threads about so unnecessary mods wink_o.gif

I think BI has a kind of deal with the american publisher, too smile_o.gif

Uhh blackdog, when this game is so bad why browsing this forum with posting threads about so unnecessary mods wink_o.gif

I think BI has a kind of deal with the american publisher, too smile_o.gif

This game makes an excellent platform for my horrible modification.