Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Hey, Finally got my CD Drives fixed. Had this downloaded from when the thread was started basically but just wondering are there any updates since then? I cant seen any one the main page so im presuming not but after all it has been a long time?

Thanks. Can soon try this.

Hey, Finally got my CD Drives fixed. Had this downloaded from when the thread was started basically but just wondering are there any updates since then? I cant seen any one the main page so im presuming not but after all it has been a long time?

Thanks. Can soon try this.

Version 1.01.

It Can Be Found On Page 19 Of This Thread, With A Full Readme Of The New Features.

Tbrid. I think your trying to hard to get realistic sounds, just get one of those realistic sound packs for OFP or some other simulator and tweak them a bit.

Hi everyone,

I just would like to let you know about the main content of the upcoming patch which should be accomplished very soon:

[*]New: Bullet holes show up on almost every vehicle now. (Still BETA since BIS team didn't really focuse on this feature which was apparently envisaged).

[*]Added the MKII variant of Scars Su-30, with FF/SX effects enabled (Seat Ejection, Shell ejection, Explosion effects, etc.)

[*]Artillery system completely reworked (Addition of a new artillery script [Thanks to Vektorbosen]).

Every army gets its own artillery system inspired from real life doctrines, the US Army artillery is modern and precise intended to make accurate strikes, whereas the Russian one is huge and inaccurate, intended to cause massive casualties throughout the enemies depth.

-> US Artillery:

- Uses a dialog box

- You can change the scattering

- You can modifie the number of shells per strike.

- You can set the target via the map.

-> Ru Artillery:

- You have to set the target by using your numpad (0 -> 9) numbers in order to define the distance between your position and the target's one for allied artillery batteries.

[*]Fixed: Casings remain on the ground.

[*]Fixed:Visual field of the US sniper.

[*]Fixed:US Sniper's M24 missing magazines.

[*]Fixed:Artillery CTDs.

[*]Enhanced: Firearms sounds effects (M16, M4, M240, M249, AK series, PKM/PKT, KPVT, SVD).

Stay tuned,

regards,

TB

Sounds amazing, thanks so much for the all the great work. However I just have to say, I have completely uninstalled OFP then installed latest version of the mod and although it runs alot smoother and faster without any other addons I still get the occasional crash, perticular in large fire fights where the graphics can get demanding on the computer. But even with this I have to say i love this mod, thanks alot!

do the Resistance not get any form of artillery ?

huh.gif

Amazing... on what thunderbird84 is working at! thumbs-up.gif

@R0adki11

Resistance captures artillery. wink_o.gif

From whom they will get weapons? BWMod ??

Very cool!

But that part where as a russian you have to enter the numbers...isn't that a bit difficult? I mean, how will you know the distance between you and the target? I never understand when others tell me enemy 3 o'clock... what 3 o'clock yours or mine? and if yours, where the hell are you?. Adding that with your new target system is going to make my brain snap out tounge2.gif

TB maybe you should consider improving 2S6M Tunguska, fist of all because it doesnt have working AA rockets, and second very often when you try to get in player just appears under the vehicle stuck with no way to get out. Also kiowa handling seems a bit strange.

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support!

Quote[/b] ] I still get the occasional crash, perticular in large fire fights where the graphics can get demanding on the computer

Would be curious to know about your current graphic card, if you don't mind, since I'm using a low'n old graphic card too. (GF5700).

Quote[/b] ]do the Resistance not get any form of artillery ?

OFP's resistance side is meant to be using stolen gear, means that it isn't supposed to have the necessary military knowledge to use the artillery during combat, but I would consider to hopefully implement "Deployable mortars", but with no guarantee of success, though.

Quote[/b] ]But that part where as a russian you have to enter the numbers...isn't that a bit difficult?

Believe me, it is even easier than using the US artillery system, all you would have to do is to use your binoculars, focuse on the target you want to strike, and press a number to set the distance between your position and the enemy's one for allied artillery batteries.

Quote[/b] ]maybe you should consider improving 2S6M Tunguska, fist of all because it doesnt have working AA rockets

Raise the radar to use the surface-to-air missiles.

Quote[/b] ]Also kiowa handling seems a bit strange.

You are probably the first one to complain about, nothing has been changed in the Kiowa's handling, though.

regards,

TB

@TB:  Sounds like an amazing patch to say the least.  I was just wondering if that resistance RPG-29 bug was squashed yet.

TB maybe you should consider improving 2S6M Tunguska, fist of all because it doesnt have working AA rockets, and second very often when you try to get in player just appears under the vehicle stuck  with no way to get out. Also kiowa handling seems a bit strange.

The 2S6M Tunguska DOES have working AA missiles.  You just have to turn on the radar using the action menu.  It is wierd though and could use some attention.  It seems that the radar option does not appear in the action menu when you are the gunner in a fully manned Tunguska.  If it is fully manned you have to be the driver or gunner to turn it on.  If you are the only crewman, however, it seems you can turn it on from any position.  

You are right about getting in the vehicle.  It seems that the first time you try and get in the Tunguska during a mission, something goes wrong with the animation.  You end up underneath the vehicle and stuck in the ground.  Sometimes you can use the action menu to get inside the vechile as this is the only way out, but sometimes even that doesn't work.

TB, Sound is good tounge2.gif When we shall see it?

Oh, and one little question. What type RU artillery support do you want to use?

Hey TBird,

I enjoyed the latest patch, but did you ever get a chance to check the ballistics/damage on the handguns? I still think that having to unload a full clip from a handgun into a civ or soldier to take them out is way too much. Looking forward to the new patch.

Keep up the good work,

Biggie

Tb, great choice on that SU-30. And the Arty system sounds like it's going to change the gameplay completly. Question is can the AI make use of it?

I have to second the Tunguska complaints though. It should alaways have a radar on. Yes it will be stronger than the U.S Likenbaker, but the Russians do have a tradition of strong AA units in reality.

Another thing I wrote about a few times, Why can't I destroy completly a Bradley with a single T-80/90 shot? It's kind of unbalanced with the BMP-3 being destroyed with one M1A1/2 shell. (As it should)

Would be curious to know about your current graphic card, if you don't mind, since I'm using a low'n old graphic card too. (GF5700).

Actually my graphics card isn't that bad, Its the ATI Radeon x1600 mobile i think as I am using a mac book pro running windows through bootcamp. I dont think this is an issue with my computer however because ofp runs perfect except occasionally with this mod. hope this helps, you know one thing about ofp that is wierd, I dont think it will ever run 100 percent smoothely even with the best computers and graphics cards, I dont know perhaps there is a jut a limit that this game can handle, Arma on the other hand seems to do alot better with faster and better computers. Oh and the card has 256mb of memory.

Sorry for offtop. But...

busta3396, i have ATI Radeon x1100 mobile and 128mb video memory. But with that configuration the game play is good biggrin_o.gif

Great News Tbird.

The Artillery Script improvement is very nice. I like the usage of different artillery targeting methods, US with modern technology and Russian with spot with your eyes style.

Quote[/b] ]I have to second the Tunguska complaints though. It should alaways have a radar on. Yes it will be stronger than the U.S Likenbaker, but the Russians do have a tradition of strong AA units in reality.

The Radar On Script is basically a weapon adding script. When the game starts the Tunguska has no Missiles, When you put the radar on the script adds the missiles so you can fire them, I also don't like this feature because as stated the M6 Linebacker has its missiles ready to fire for AI use, Tbird maybe to could add the missiles to the vehicles starting weapons and use the hiddenselections to make the radar appear up from the beginning and of course remove the radar action. I've done it with my config, and it works great, balances things between the linebacker and the tunguska, AI wise.

Quote[/b] ]Another thing I wrote about a few times, Why can't I destroy completly a Bradley with a single T-80/90 shot? It's kind of unbalanced with the BMP-3 being destroyed with one M1A1/2 shell. (As it should)

As previously stated by Tbird, The US uses the most up to date technology avaliable to any Military in the world. The M2A2 Bradley has far superior armour than the BMP-3, Plus the 125mm Gun with the T90/80 is equipped with is not as strong as the 120mm gun the M1A1/2 is equipped with, The bradley armour is more resistant to shells than the BMP-3.

Quote[/b] ]I was just wondering if that resistance RPG-29 bug was squashed yet.

I tried it again and experienced no issues with it on the desert island, maybe make sure that you are using it on a flat ground surface.

Quote[/b] ]What type RU artillery support do you want to use?

As I have already mentioned in one of my previous posts, the artillery system simulates a real system but without the use of any vehicle, it is a script that engages a huge amount of shells using the "camcreate" command.

Quote[/b] ]but did you ever get a chance to check the ballistics/damage on the handguns?

I'm afraid nothing have been done to figure out this little issue, but I promise I would focuse on it as soon as time allows it.

Quote[/b] ]Question is can the AI make use of it?

Actually, the AI can't use this feature, but if possible, further research would hopefully be done in this field in order to make it possible.

Quote[/b] ]Why can't I destroy completly a Bradley with a single T-80/90 shot? It's kind of unbalanced with the BMP-3 being destroyed with one M1A1/2 shell.

With no offense towards russian people of these boards,

the US gear has always shown to be stronger than the russian one, this is so obvious that there is no need to deeply discuss it, the US have always taken the step first in terms of military technology. (Yum Kippur (US vs Ru gear used by ME countries), Gulf war I, Gulf war II...),

If you get a look at some movies from the net, you might notice that almost all of lost Bradleys in Iraq are far from being completely destroyed.

Quote[/b] ]I dont know perhaps there is a jut a limit that this game can handle, Arma on the other hand seems to do alot better with faster and better computers. Oh and the card has 256mb of memory.

Paradoxally, this is true.

Quote[/b] ] Tbird maybe to could add the missiles to the vehicles starting weapons and use the hiddenselections to make the radar appear up from the beginning and of course remove the radar action. I've done it with my config, and it works great, balances things between the linebacker and the tunguska, AI wise.

Well, actually there is a way to enable the Tunguska's radar at the beginning by hijacking the hiddenselections, I would give it a try.

Btw, I would like to inform you that excluding the features that have been stated above, the patch is almost accomplished, but unfortunately it wouldn't be ready soon since I have to get back to the army for some weeks.

/Edit:   Unless you want the patch now with only the features mentioned in the post of the previous page, just let me know about your opinion.

Thank you all for your suggestions and nice support,

regards,

TB

plz remember the savegame feature...

Have a good trip to the army, and... keep your head down! wink_o.gif

Well I really wouldn't mind waiting, but I'll put my vote down for releasing it before you head out.  It seems that you pretty much addressed every major issue.  The only real biggie in my book is the issue of getting stuck under the Tunguska, but you can usually use the action menu to get in the vehicle.  Plus the Tunguska is only a bonus addon; you still have the Shilka. I honestly never use it as it is just too tough to beat on the draw distance I use. Oh and I second SamotH, stay safe in whatever kind of manuvers you are taking part in.

hi , i have downloaded ffur 2007 . this is just great .. ,but i can t find new campaign or single mission with ffur 2007. is there anybody who has new campaigns or single game with ffur? and when i use numpad keys 4/6 & mouse ,for changing camera angle ,while firing, my soldier starts turn his own orbit like a mill.

release the patch TB!!

you have done enough already, you cannot

please everyone!! you have done a great

deal for the OFP Community.