Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

to get your own opinion by playing some mods/missions/campaigns/addons yourself is better to know from hearsay wink_o.gif

Hopefully TB is surprising us again - asap smile_o.gif

ok i have deleted ffur/slx, reinstaled it with first patch then the second one and i still get the grenade bug (or BMP bug), can other addons effect this, should i reinstall the whole ofp??? and i installed all the other packs too

I have just done a quick experiment on desert Island to confirm it, and I have to sadly report that the laser designator/A10 combination doesn't seem to work properly. confused_o.gif

I checked the read me and it says the BIS A10 has been replaced with Diesel's great piece of work. However it seems Diesel's MK82 version and not his GBU-12 version has been used. This breaks all missions involving the BIS A10 (LGB), as the FFSX A10 will only attack the laser target with AIM-9 Sidewinders. crazy_o.gif

The F16 will attack the laser target, but it too only has MK82s, which (as I'm certain you know) are not laserguided.

I had a quick look in the mysterious-to-me world of the config, and...

class DSL_a10_GBUBomb:LaserGuidedBomb

is in there.

I hope I dont sound too negative, because I love this mod and greatly appreciate the work that has gone into it.

thumbs-up.gif

Thank you!

Chops

Hi there, I'm having trouble playing through the campaign with FFUR/SLX 2007 mod.

It appears that during the mission where you have to capture Morton, evacuate that village and ride off to Provins where you are attacked again, the game crashes before the mission ends.

This happens specifically towards the very last part of the mission where the Blackhawk that has been sent to pick you up is being pursued by a Hind. You are ordered to take cover at a near by fuel station. After a minute or so the game freezes and crashes.

This has happened every time I've replayed the mission. I've tried playing this mission without the mod but the saves are either incompatible or I get my ass thoroughly kicked and can't win.

FFUR/SLX 2007 is the only mod running thanks to the shortcut the installer gives me. I've used both patches (1.01 and 1.05) so I can't figure out what is going wrong.

hey there,

firstly i need to say its the best mod ever and every thing works fine beside the f-15 crazy_o.gif

theres always a (magic) error message

it says something about aim9.p3d missing

what i dont understand is, that i've downloaded

the pack, the v1.01 & v1.05 patch ,extra pack v1.2 and v3...

i even installed it again in the same order as above but the error message appiers still banghead.gif

help appriciated biggrin_o.gif

cheers

Hi everyone,

Finally managed to find some time to sit down in front of the comp,

sorry all for the long delay, I've been quite busy lately running in the woods with the army... heh.

Anyways, I just would like to let you know that none of yours posts would be ignored and that I will spend the necessary time to read the last 30 pages of the thread.

A patch would hopefully get done within the next incoming days.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards,

TB84

thunderbird84,

If you're half as gifted and hard-working a soldier as you are OFP modder, you'll be general by Christmas! xmas_o.gif

Good news!

No doubt. You rock dude.....amazing work and even more amazing support.

The only problem with implementing that level of Realism in regards to Helo'pilots ejection issue is that in OFP you cannot simulate Auto-rotation for Helicopters once they are hit.

In OFP helo's simply drop like a rock as soon as they get damaged disallowing any instance of 'simulated' auto-rotation to occur.

Ooh I came back to this OLD post.

The second you hear your engine fuck up, but BEFORE the rotors completly halt, hold down Z and you can auto-rotate down to land.

Maybe not a realistic auto-rotation, I dont know, but it work. Try flying high, switching your engine off, and almost immediatly holding Z. (EDIT: Or using a radio command to setdamage them to the engine failure level)

Might take some practise for some people.

TB thanks for taking the time for us. I think I can speak for everyone when saying that. There was some dedicated bug list a number of pages back

It appears that during the mission where you have to capture Morton, evacuate that village and ride off to Provins where you are attacked again, the game crashes before the mission ends.

This happens specifically towards the very last part of the mission where the Blackhawk that has been sent to pick you up is being pursued by a Hind. You are ordered to take cover at a near by fuel station. After a minute or so the game freezes and crashes.

oing wrong.

I too suffered from this particular bug, tho the third time i tried it, it got through ok.

The problem i'm now having concerns the Resistance campaign. On the first proper mission where you have to capture the two ammo trucks in the valley, my AT soldier refuses to fire at the BMP or tank so i've taken to killing him to do it myself. This would seem like a quick and easy solution but unfortunately, the rockets seem to veer off the left just before they reach their stationary target!! is this on purpose? I love the way the rocket now "spirals" along but not when it means all my men die as a result of missing the target crazy_o.gif

Anyway, if i do manage to destroy the armoured vehicles i'm completely unable to get my AI to drive the other truck back to the camp with me.

It's a shame coz i love this mod a lot and can't go back to the original now.

Keep up the good work, thunderbird.

Hi everyone,

I am confusing with the FFSX2007 mod. Can anyone kindly point me the sequence for installing this MOD? I mean, what should I get to have latest updated? Links for each download would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

The initial install can be downloaded from the first page in this thread.

The next patch is 1.01 (apparently you need this before 1.05). That can be found here.

And the latest patch is version 1.05 here..

Happy battles mate! pistols.gif

That should do it.

10motb

i know the problem in the patches thunderbird84 fixed only the american grenades i think he forgot to fix the russian and resistance grenades if you know how to mod change the ffur grenades models with old ofp models that will fix it

i´ve found another problem :The ai shoots very very bad

it even doesn´t hit you when you´re 3 meters away !!

is this a bug or is this meant to be huh.gif??

if it´s meant to be so i would like to know what´s the sense of that huh.gif??

I founded some errors in friendly AI in Cold war crysis...do you know nothing about this?

lol: this words remember me:

"Mr troska, do you know nothing about this?"

in first Resistance mission. lol!

Hi all!

Don't you think will be extremely appreciated to REPOST all the links and steps for the installation? I mean, Download the mod, then 1.01, 1.05, XP v3... for the ones that don't read all the 44 pages it's quite confusing to get updated..

Hey Arkymedes,

Nice to see other Brazilians here.  welcome.gif

I was confused as well, so I followed tips on page 43 after my post and I was able to install and play using the mod. Please give it a try. Drop me a PM if you need help.

Has it been previously noted that the gunner of the MI-17 has some erratic head movements from left to right? and that when you step in that position you cannot turn the head to the right?

Thanks

Great work by the way.

This is what makes OFP still, so enjoyable to play even now with ArmA out, I'm still an avid player of OFP.

Hi All.

Been away for some time, nice to see this topic still going. I've got a bit of a problem, I've recently rebooted my computer and I wish to download this mod + patches again.

But unfortunatly for me all the gol-clan & filefront links are dead. Any help would be nice guys. Heres what needed.

v1.0 Installer (Aqquired)

v.1.01 patch (Needed)

v1.05 patch (Aqquired)

Thanks Guys

Hey Arkymedes,

Nice to see other Brazilians here. welcome.gif

I was confused as well, so I followed tips on page 43 after my post and I was able to install and play using the mod. Please give it a try. Drop me a PM if you need help.

Three posts above goodnight.gif

Hi fellas,

Actually a patch is under development, it might probably turn to a full pack since people seem to be confused with the amount of patches to grab.

I can't ensure that all of the bugs would be fixed but I will do my best to figure out the most annoying issues, this patch (pack) would be based on the last version of SLX (1.1), though.

There might be some new model additions as well, thank you all for your patience and support.

smile_o.gif

regards,

TB