Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

You can install again the extra pack and select not to install hollywood soldiers, it's off by default, So it's pretty easy to avoid.

I just took some pictures and made skins, they are a lot of skins so I didn't have the time to make them perfect, and yes some are smiling. Just take that modification as some kind of joke and use it to fool arround smile_o.gif

As i said in the readme, you can make better textures and share them with the rest of us thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, I know I can "not install" the faces, if I will make better faces, I'll happy to give them you! biggrin_o.gif

Blazin, is your Squad using a Custom Modification of FFUR or FFSX?

We had a good gaming weekend and my crew discovered:

1. Bloodspots that persist for hours after the troop they came from had died.

2. 'Enemy Objects' that our AI's attack but we have no clue what 'Objects' they are as they do not come up under 'targeting' that we can figure out.

As per what I was able to find for TooTall with his Y2K3 mod in the past 2 weeks, I'm wondering if the "timeToLive" constant is not being applied to all objects that are not being subsequently called by a "deletevehicle" directive.

Wook [iDGN]

Scuse me, I've a problem: I modified 1 smiling face of FFSLX V3 extra pack (xicht_2g.jpg) and I've overvrited the original but when I open OPF, the face is smiling and if I reinstall the V3 extra pack the face rest whit the smile. Why?

PS: Can you insert the default base faces in multiplayer too whit the hollywood faces?

Thank you!

First you have to extract "Setup.exe" with winrar (it is a self extracting file), now you'll see the folder "FACES" seek the file you want to replace and it's extention (.paa or .pac). Then transform your .jpg file into the one needed with "Tex View" utility. Once done, overwrite the old file with your new one, put all the files and folders from the extracted "Setup.exe" into "FFSX" installation folder and run "install.bat". This time your new file will be placed instead of the old one.

im going to ask the last time but is there a way to change the fast motion of the player in the game to the old way of ofp so the FML zombies can just do their normal anims

i want to know how much will we have to wait until the next patch will be realeased or there will not be another patch because when i play some times i get strange crashes to my dekstom.

How do i replace the models with HYK models? And it seems that certain missions become broken with this mod. For example, in certain missions where the AI is supposed to drive a jeep somewhere, it ends up stuck or driving and snail's pace. And sometimes the AI will order his troops to board a vehicle while the officer himself doesn't. Any fixes?

No no Blazin, don't get confused,

As previous releases weren't needed to install v1.2... v1.2 is not needed to install v3

Plus each extra pack creates 2 files that you will use and if they exist, those files get deleted before the operation! So installing the previous is a waste of time and download, besides it has the non HWTL problems.

So I strongly recomend everyone to delete and forget about 1.2(wich in fact is v2 of my extra pack, 1.2 is just a name I came up with) and only keep v3 in your computers.

On one of my PC's v3 didn't work correctly.

So I installed v1.2 THEN v3 and it looked the same as on my other PC (Worked with only v3)

And yes I had tried installing v3 twice. I even deelted FFSX and reinstalled it all and put v3 on again. It didn't work. It had some working effects but NV made the screen a complete green (Nothing visible through it, just SOLID green) and many other bugs to do with "v3" effects, installing v1.2 BEFORE v3 made it work (yes with v3 effects).

The proces of creating data.pbo and data3d.pbo deletes the existing ones and makes new ones. so it's not possible that installing the old pack will make a difference. Besides even the folders where the needed files to build are located have different names exactly so that you say can not happen.

It must be related to the version of ffur you're using, in the lastest one Thunderbird edited the config so the nvgoggles from slx will get used. So no need to edit it like it says n the file. Maybe that caused your bugs.

In any case, I watched carefully the installing process step by step many times to enshure that things go right, don't know what else to say... huh.gif

God I hope thunderbird doesn't give in to those stupid suck ass "HD" faces.

tounge2.gif

I HATE THEM!

PS. SamotH I swear thats how I got it to work. Maybe by some fluke it was something else but I did try alot before trying v2 then v3.

Blazin, I find it difficult to fathom how your whole squad is able to run FFUR or FFSX without crashing out your LANs.

Thats my group's experience. Unless there is some re-mod you've done to stabilize the gameplay, I just don't see how at this time.

We've got 5-8 guys who would run it if it would stop crashing out the server. We've cleared up alot of our particular issues.

For example: The soldier's inability to climb stairs, ladders, etc. is due to an addon conflict with either USMC, BAS or Combat! soldiers. We're not quite sure which group. It could possibly just simply be any other soldier addon that this condition shows up in. So, FFUR and FFSX cannot do Coops that have any custom content beyond what stock OFP:Res provides I would have to suggest.

In several stock OFP mission Coops the East 'MG' is often the PK model which is too low as it comes out on a MG tripod [appropriate of course] however, stock OFP sets up all East and West emplaced MG's on MG Posts for blockhouses, sandbag and roadblock emplacements. So, this breaks many many stock OFP missions.

Disregarding these points, we still have guys crashing out midgame in many long and short run Coops. Reasons unknown. We've gone and assayed each person['s] directories to determine if they're inadvertedly running addons other than FFUR or FFSX. We've tried out the FFUR 2007 this week and seen the same issues. Previously we had only been using FFUR 2006 and FFSX 2007 as our base Addon.

I would seriously like to see FFUR or FFSX running on a Public Server so we can really wring it out and fix these MP game crashing issues.

~~ Edit: Was just having a chat with one of the LAN crew and it was suggested that it could be possible that one cause for some crashing might be due to picking up ammo that contains more ammo in it than FFUR and FFSX allows. He noticed a time picking up the M24 SWS that showed up 16 rounds of ammo from a dead trooper when FFUR/FFSX only allow 5 rounds as he he was crashing out. Is it possible some missions have this sort of error that continually go unnoticed? I can think of several weapons where this type of bug [if it exists at all] could show up, M24SWS replaces M21 which normally has 20 rounds instead of the 5 alotted to a M24SWS of course. The Bizon with 64 is replaced by the VSS with 20. Just some thoughts. I would rather play FFUR or FFSX than OFP:Res anyday. Much more immersive and enjoyable.~~

Wook [iDGN]

Bug notices: Posting what we've noticed to try to help my crew determine if this is our side, a'la Addons we've got or if this is strictly FFUR 2007/FFSX in some cases.

1. MG on MG Tripod in some stock OFP missions.This breaks some missions.

2. KA-50 needs and REQUIRES both a Pilot and a Gunner or AI refuse to use weapon systems since apparently all Coops and stock OFP assume the KA-50 only has one trooper in it, the Pilot sans the Gunner. This breaks some Stock OFP missions.

3. Mi-17 East side officer cannot Pilot nor Gunner said vehicle if Player is Officer. Unknown if AI controlled officer can or cannot do so. AI Pilots and Gunners can be told to load, Pilot and Gunner positions normally. However, after AI Pilot and Gunner combo, they do not fire their weapons upon enemy troop forces. This breaks some Stock OFP missions.

4. Smoke affects only players in many cases where AI continue to shoot through smoke from explosions and burning vehicles with accuracy. Players however do not have this 'invisible smoke' capability.

5. Stock OFP Coop mission and some Campaign mission loadouts not realistic in primarily the case of West Sniper.

6. West Sniper has LOD issue showing white block's of untextured model at 55 meters and beyond. Unknown if affects latest version of FFSX, primarily noticed in FFUR 2007.

7. Ejection seats from KA-50 seems to be part of a problem of AI Targeting enemies. Further, damaged 'parts' from KA-50 seem to be part of an issue of AI Targeting 'unknown enemy' also. (Would further that this 'parts' issue also persists with other damaged vehicles. If a certain Class of 'damaged parts' are being applied to Air units in explosions then this may be a Global issue with Air Units. Unknown if this in fact is true, as to why this is being listed here for review.)

8. A-10 and KA-50 Ejection seats do not seem to disappear. Could be wrong about this point. Not completely convinced they do not, but, they are quite hard to track down in all cases. Would assume same situation with Su-25 ejection seat as well.

9. Blood spots from some troops do not seem to disappear ingame. Cannot define which troops this condition affects yet. Possibly some vehicle troops. Just quite unsure which troops are causing this condition.

10. M113 based vehicles have a very loud 'Clutch' sound. Do not remember off-hand if this persists in FFSX, I haven't been playing that lately as I enjoy the 'control' over my own trooper that FFSX takes away under fire. smile_o.gif

11. Shilka's 'far' LOD is a flat green texture that appears to look as if the model is unfinished. Needs at least a placed 'black line' to indicate where forward gun's are facing to appear 'finished'. ~~Looked over this again and it needs a bit more than that. Lower turret break-line (split between Hull and Turret Ring) needs a 'line' or shadow due to how this nearly flat texture that almost appears to be more a placeholder than the finished texture appears. Hull texture needs a dab of shading either aft by the exhaust or forward by the driver's front hatch area to help indicate some idea of vehicle facing.

Realism issues:

1. West ACOG Sight is under-zoomed. Presently ACOG zoom seems to basically equal the zoom of it's normal 'Iron Sights'. However, zoom mode for ACOG is 3.5x, for the original ACOG, to 5.5x in latest models. Present US Military issue is the ACOG TA01 4x32 from Trijicon I do believe.

2. Grenade toss seems just a bit shorter than I've seen most servicemen able to toss. Would extend about 25% more than presently modeled.

is there a way to slow down the player(and AI) movements back to the original speed so zombies cant civillian sprint

Halochief, this is only doable by modding the config.bin file in the /bin/ directory. Since this base animation issue you have is with the altered movement styles modded by FFUR and FFSX. I'm unsure if this altered movement was required by FFSX animations or if it was simply a 'stylistic choice' by the FFSX team.

Either way, the config.bin will have to be re-modded to fix your issue that was also pointed out earlier by Blazin as it affects and breaks several Stock OFP missions and Coops.

Wook [iDGN]

Is it possible to change the models to HYK's? They seem a little under detailed.

Acidic, yes, its possible to change the models to HYK's. This will first and foremost have to be done through the Config.bin file located in the /bin/ directory. However, the FFUR and FFSX Addon probably has effects scripts tied to its use with its present model structure.

To get the best usage the FFUR & FFSX Team would need to make the changes. Otherwise, you'll need to recode it yourself and try to track down whatever scripts are tied to the current models.

Wook [iDGN]

can someone tell my the real name of the music that starts playing when you first run the mod so i can download a better quolity one.

justinas91,

I don't know the name of that song but it's the main song of a tv show called "The Unit"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460690/

otreblA_SNAKE_[iTA],

To get the old music back you need to remove/rename the file "Music.pbo" from "FFSX\DTA" folder. Or if you want to replace the songs by your own ones you have to open that file and replace the songs, then make it a pbo again without compression. thumbs-up.gif

Hi First Of All I Just Want To Say This Mod Is notworthy.gif

But I Have A Problem, I Dont Really Know If This Is Actually A Problem Whenever I Place A Unit Near A House They Go In It It's Really banghead.gif , I Cant Put A Unit On Patrol/Gurd/Or Just Standing Around In The Editor Is This A Bug Or What Can It Be Removed

this is not a bug it is slx ai you will have to edit the config to remove it.

Blazin, I find it difficult to fathom how your whole squad is able to run FFUR or FFSX without crashing out your LANs.

Thats my group's experience. Unless there is some re-mod you've done to stabilize the gameplay, I just don't see how at this time.

We've got 5-8 guys who would run it if it would stop crashing out the server. We've cleared up alot of our particular issues.

For example: The soldier's inability to climb stairs, ladders, etc. is due to an addon conflict with either USMC, BAS or Combat! soldiers. We're not quite sure which group. It could possibly just simply be any other soldier addon that this condition shows up in. So, FFUR and FFSX cannot do Coops that have any custom content beyond what stock OFP:Res provides I would have to suggest.

In several stock OFP mission Coops the East 'MG' is often the PK model which is too low as it comes out on a MG tripod [appropriate of course] however, stock OFP sets up all East and West emplaced MG's on MG Posts for blockhouses, sandbag and roadblock emplacements. So, this breaks many many stock OFP missions.

Disregarding these points, we still have guys crashing out midgame in many long and short run Coops. Reasons unknown. We've gone and assayed each person['s] directories to determine if they're inadvertedly running addons other than FFUR or FFSX. We've tried out the FFUR 2007 this week and seen the same issues. Previously we had only been using FFUR 2006 and FFSX 2007 as our base Addon.

I would seriously like to see FFUR or FFSX running on a Public Server so we can really wring it out and fix these MP game crashing issues.

~~ Edit: Was just having a chat with one of the LAN crew and it was suggested that it could be possible that one cause for some crashing might be due to picking up ammo that contains more ammo in it than FFUR and FFSX allows. He noticed a time picking up the M24 SWS that showed up 16 rounds of ammo from a dead trooper when FFUR/FFSX only allow 5 rounds as he he was crashing out. Is it possible some missions have this sort of error that continually go unnoticed? I can think of several weapons where this type of bug [if it exists at all] could show up, M24SWS replaces M21 which normally has 20 rounds instead of the 5 alotted to a M24SWS of course. The Bizon with 64 is replaced by the VSS with 20. Just some thoughts. I would rather play FFUR or FFSX than OFP:Res anyday. Much  more immersive and enjoyable.~~

Wook [iDGN]

We don't run it on a LAN (Via Hamachi) or a Server.

I run my PC as a host (Clicking "NEW" on the multi player screen)

If you'd be willing to download maybe HYK inf and HC/BMI Units then all of your guys could join us to test it out.

We never have many people playing at a time.

you will have to edit the configs man:land part at the botom there will be a line

Init="_this exec ""\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs"";_this exec ""\ffur_anims\Swim.sqs""";

you have to change it that it will use some other script because i have ecp mod i typed

init="_this exec ""\ECP_Effects1\sup_fire.sqs""";

and then putted the required addon to the addon folder that it will find that script but when you will do that the soldiers wont use the slx ai but there will not be those dust effects when the bullet hits the ground from the man class.