Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

Hey. I can't think of anywhere to host 'em but I'll try.

Maybe I could email you them. Ill try tomorrow if you like.

Hello everyone...

i am an Indonesian.., so i am sorry for my bad English..  biggrin_o.gif

first of all, congrats to t-bird.., I've just downloaded the FFSX2007.., Awesome!!

talking about bugs, my first bugs is this..., when i played the resistance campaign, on the 2nd mission (convoy ambush), I've blown up the ammo truck, and boom, CTD... help.gif

btw, I'm looking forward to make online of the ofp-ffsx2007 here on my country, currently under the  Indonesiangamer.com (please visit us^^) which is already using BF2 and Call of Duty 2 for our community..so, we think this mod will be the next^^

anyway, can someone here make an alternative mirror to the patches?? it is so difficult to download it from the filefront.., i cant use the DAP either..., because i'm only get around 8 to 10kbps to it. Will be annoying if my net is temporary cut off and then cannot be resumed (if from the filefront mirror)...

thanx to all...any help are greatly appreciated.., regards to all gamers there from us^^  biggrin_o.gif

Uhh, Your NOT supposed to destroy the ammo truck in that mission, your supposed to "Borrow" it from the russians

Hey. I can't think of anywhere to host 'em but I'll try.

Maybe I could email you them. Ill try tomorrow if you like.

yes...yes..., maybe you can try to these alternatives

-my email : dimasrahadian150388@yahoo.com

-or another mirror on your choices (better if it can support the DAP)

thx anyway ^^, i'll be waitin for the patches..^^

Uhh, Your NOT supposed to destroy the ammo truck in that mission, your supposed to "Borrow" it from the russians

haha...i knew it.., I'm already finished the resistance campaign about 3 times before, my reason to did that was i just want to know how the effects now in this mod, also, the ammo truck has a flat tire when the convoy get ambushed by my group..(but i'm already moved the "Stuff" in it to the resistance one..(the white truck biggrin_o.gif ))

Cool update TB. I do however agree that the shakyness is waaay too high!

The fatigue sets in too fast imo, the guy is already breathing heavily after barely jogging 50 meters, not something a well trained soldier would suffer from all that much.

The M249 and M240 only have ironsights, where as most of the squad level weapons use some sort of optic or scope. Maybe replace the current models with the versions equiped with the Elcan SpecterOS6x Hi-Mag Optical Sight (already in "SJB weapons pack").

Sniper rifles are too inaccurate (too much dispersion), snipers are supposed to be deadly accurate, not long range spray and pray weapons. I've just finished reading a 356p book about snipers, to truelly reflect the qualities of a trained sniper, a possibilty could be to set the dispersion and arch (way the bullet drops) to a minimum (about the same way as the BIS Russians in OFP are deadly accurate with their unscoped AK74). Rifles cannot be rezeroed in OFP, or compensated in any other way that a real sniper could, so it will always be a traid-off, but very ineffective snipers (both West and East have very good marksman-training programs, the rural nature of the OFP islands would ensure a large number of experienced hunters on the Resistance side) are just not realistic.

Also the engagement range for all units (and certainly the marksman/snipers) should be longer.

Besides that I have no complaints with this replacement/realism mod (well, maybe a small delay on the West artillery strikes, right now the rounds come crashing down almost instantly) smile_o.gif

Edit: and the NVGoggles could be a little more clear (round shape instead of oval, similar to the ECP ones).

Whenever I play, I get a message saying that ffur_slx_settings.sqf can not be found. The game still works, but I have to click through this window every time a mission is loaded.

I installed first FFUR/SLX 1.0 then 1.01 patch then 1.05. Did I miss a patch or something?

I can see the ffur_slx_settings.sqf file in the main folder.

Edit: Disregard this. solved it by changing the name of the FFSX folder back to ffsx2007. I had added a @ to the front, which was causing the problem.

I dont know why did TB replaced the airstrike like it was in early FFUR versions with this Artillery, I kind a liked the airstrike better because it had that very nice jet fighter flyby sound and explosion sounds were better as well. But these are just my thoughts, nothing really important.

I agree with JdB except for engament range.

PS> Im gunna have a look and update that list ASAP

i have found a bug i do not now if you have noticed it but when yuo shot from the tank main gun or other like M2A2, BMP-2

cartridges are droping from it it looks very offul cud you fix it. and bay the way that bug is somewere in the SLX_GL3 addon because when i remove it stops making that bug.

i wanted to fix it my self but the addon didnt extract

sorry for my spelling i am not english

Tanks and APC's do eject their cartridges from main cannons AFAIK. They are sort of ejected backwards usualy from what I see.

Wouldn't want a big hot 120 mil case landing on you biggrin_o.gif

but on some tanks it ejects at the front and i think it shud eject and the very end of the weapon where they loade the gun up

The very end of the weapon? What do you mean? crazy_o.gif

The very end of the weapon? What do you mean? crazy_o.gif

Breech? wink_o.gif

the tank gun has two ends one from where it fires and other end in the tanks tower where it is loaded i do not know how to tell it exactly in english

Just instaled this thing and although this is the first mod for OF i ever played (didnt pay the game for about 2-3 years) it feels like a new game.....many thank for this.

but on some tanks it ejects at the front and i think it shud eject and the very end of the weapon where they loade the gun up

Yes on some tanks they do eject, but on FFUR these empty shells are as big as from .30 cal machine gun not 125 mm gun as they should be.

The very end of the weapon? What do you mean?  crazy_o.gif

Breech? wink_o.gif

Ah I see. I was thinking "End of the weapon?!" and only thinking of one end biggrin_o.gif that guy confused me, i thought he was being a bit dumb! But I see now!  nener.gif

Was just ME being dumb plsu him not knowing how to explain properly in English. And of course I understand him not being able to explain it, seeing how I'm terrible with any other language, so I know how it is.

but when will be ready for download the next FFUR_SLX version?

I saw there are some bugs in FFUR_SLX total conversion: something, there are some IA errors, specially the Tanks (Bmp, t80 etc). I saw, there are too collision errors: for example, when I enter in a house, I can pass beyond the walls, I remember when a BMP passed beyond a wall!

Only I have these problems or many peoples have these problems?

Thank you!

Uh, is there any way I can disable house replacment in the FFSX extra pack?

It makes it look like a badley made "Urban CTF" map with a few houses slapped down in a mish-mash, all wrong way round, on road, ect.

Hi everyone, Long time fan since the beginning, been playing OFP since it came out, I recently found out about the Ffur/SLX Mod and downloaded it.

I set up a game in the editor to test it out, and heres what I liked and disliked:

.love the music

.units, and vehicle are well done

.love the ejecting shells

.love the smoke effect thats a plus for me

.the AI was more than what I expected, excellant!

.i never seen a soldier run so fast before that was cool

.like the grenades

what i disliked:

.the heavy breathing but really the movement of the gun

I hated that the most i couldn't get a steady shot especially when I was a sniper, i dont feel thats realistc i think that part should have been left alone like it was in ofp

.the sound for some of the guns were ok realistic or not they really didn't make the game exciting

.Accuracy, I would aim at a guy and the bullet wouldn't hit him, i had to shoot many rounds to kill a guy, I think it should have been left alone like OFP, that alone was a turn off for me

.the recoil of a gun is to much mostly on the sniper rifles, no sniper rifle has a kick like that or at all whether it does or not doesn't matter the game is just redered not fun anymore

well sorry to say I unistalled it and went back to my invasion 44 and other ww2 mods,ECP, and WGL.  Thats my feedback , if the two thinfgs are adjusted the recoil the movement of the gun and the accuracy then I might go back ffur.  The FFur I liked the most was 3.5 I had a blast with it!

didnt you trayed to change the config and set it as you like i have fixed the recoils, accuracy, and the aimpoint movment to relistic. And the standard ofp recoils and aimpoint movments is not realistic but the ffurs mods recoils axept for the sniper is realistic but the aimpoint movment needs to be a little reduced but not set as default ofp. The Accuracy on ffur is realistic only on machineguns it needs to be increased but bacause i know how to mod i increased it.

no i didn't I didn't even know you could do that, even then i don't know how to do it or what to adjust, or what im looking for, should I even attempt it, I was rather really dissapointed by these things i pointed out earler that for me even to try that i feel i would be wasting my time.

But if changing the things in the config works then maybe I might take another crack at the mod.

but first make a backup of the config file in the and when you do change something in that file you shud compress it to the bin file with the tool that is in the Editable folder.

and one more thing

here what you need to change in the file

aimPrecision=1.6; the number shows how much the aimpoint moves so when you want to change the file just copy aimPrecision then open edit find and paste the word it in the search line and it will take you to that line when editing with notepad and there are alot of them so reduce there numbers by 0.2 like aimPrecision=2 to aimPrecision=1.8 and if you want i can send my config to your email if you will give it to my but it is alot changed it is difrent from the oroginal ffur game because i modded it to full realism but i think you shud like it and the config is from the newest 1.05 patch.