Ironsight

Addon Research Topic

RE: Panels

DA-SD-05-06186.JPG

070324-M-4314O-003.JPG

070103-M-4937G-026.JPG

070110-M-7754R-062.JPG

DM-SD-07-00400.JPG

Based on the above photos I'd say that the ID panels are no longer in use.

Based on the above photos I'd say that the ID panels are no longer in use.

Like I said, I didn't knew for sure.

they sure do.. HMMWV with russian weapons crazy_o.gif

Iraqi army... tounge2.gif

Odd that the Iraqi army uses soviet era weaponry but does use HMMWVs (maybe too many of their own vehicles were destroyed?)

I was reffering more to the MTV's and 5 Toners with the additions on them

In case you are refurring to the MCATS or glass armoured protection, i think a lot are very happy and issued type is availible for them and they no longer need to custom made them thereself smile_o.gif (afaik). Bizarre or not. Unless you are refurring to the front domes on it. I know offtopic, but i was wondering if those are IED jammers or some kind of radio comunication receivers?

they sure do.. HMMWV with russian weapons crazy_o.gif

Iraqi army... tounge2.gif

Odd that the Iraqi army uses soviet era weaponry but does use HMMWVs (maybe too many of their own vehicles were destroyed?)

All donated equipment that was mated to the new bought humvee's. Besides, Iraqi's like to buy American made vehicles.

'should' be an easy one, but I'm obviously using the wrong search string in google for this - I need a Hi Res of the following sign - most of the vaguely useful stuff is too great a distance (Ironically) or is obscured by dust/people:

sign1.jpg

If you guys are looking for reference pics, blackdog is always linking me to this great site that has tons (like thousands) of photos from Iraq. I'll link him to this thread next time he is on MSN or maybe someone could pop him a PM?

EDIT: looked through my message history, found the site. http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil hope it helps!

I know offtopic, but i was wondering if those are IED jammers or some kind of radio comunication receivers?

They jam radio/cell phone signals... so yes, radio-activated-IED jammers.

cheers blackdog, but it's specifically the red one I'm after, as its the first time I've seen the british use them

Alrighty, I'm going to renew this request once more. I've started work on an RG-31, despite the lack of ANY blueprints whatsoever. So my request is for you kind folks to supply me with any RG-31 pictures you might have. It doesn't matter what version it is, or what country...every little bit counts. smile_o.gif

Thanks in advance,

Abs

Well, you might want to keep an eye on this topic:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums....&page=4

I helped the guy a bit collecting any picture i could find of the cougars, but afaik he already had a bit collection of the RG31 and will post them in a few days. Got a few too, but not that much...might post them once the guy starts adding the RG31 pics.

Well, in case you haven't search military photos, it would be good to give it a try. Especially in the daily pictures they tend to pop up now and then.

Maybe a few other interesting (info) links, french but there is a build in translate thingy, although it only works half for me:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/Ameriqu....res.htm

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe....res.htm

For the rest nothin i directly have, but not that rare vehicle anymore so you should be able to find a few good high res pictures.

whistle.gif I hope you will integrate the easy roll over feature the RG-31 apperently has, from what i read once. Meaning it has a high above the ground pivot point witch can case it to tip over at high speed and high cornering...

Maybeyou might be more interested in the new one (if not mistaken):

RG 32M

PS: wild shot, but did you try to contact the manufactures of it. You never know that wiling to give you a kind of blueprint. I never tried that too, but it was suggested to me once...

Well, you might want to keep an eye on this topic:...

biggrin_o.gif Thanks DaSquade! I already tried contacting the manufacturers, but I received no response from the guys. mad_o.gif ....anyway, I was able to get a few pics I didn't have before, so thanks again! smile_o.gif I'll definately keep my eye on that topic over the next few days.

I'd also like to take this time to make a suggestion to other addon makers - last night when I was looking for a few more pics of this vehicle, I had the idea to search on Flickr...and boy was I glad I did! As you can see, more and more troops are posting photos of the vehicles they ride in, so it's a great source for photos. smile_o.gif

Anyway, I feel like I owe it to show you guys what you're helping me build, so here's a WIP pic. I've only been on it a couple of days, so there will be more details on the model, of course wink_o.gif

progress11ks2.th.jpg

Click me for a larger pic.

Keep the pictures coming!

Abs

[PS: Since I'm in ONS, I can only stick to what the Canadian Army uses sad_o.gif...but if someone else wanted to build the RG32, and needed help, I'd be willing to assist. Or maybe I can pick it up as a project on a later date.]

[EDIT: PPS: That scripted feature sounds interesting! I'll have to look into it a bit more before I can commit either way to it. It probably happens more than we realize!]

nyalarolloverian001ce1.jpg

Was wondering if it was possible to get some sandrail buggys/dune buggys into Arma for desert drives and so on ?? any takers ?

does anyone know were i could get some good pictures of

uk/nato targets (11,12,14,20) front views

bk1276

from what I recall trying to search for fig 11's a while ago, the tinternet is rather useless - I'll ask some of the advisors at UKF, I'm sure one of them will have the little handbook of targets somewhere - might be able to get some scans for you.

Hi

We are starting to looking into some Japanese equipment and vehicles mainly for troop and equipment transportation.

But im having a hard time to locate any sort of "trucks" or "cars" that the Japanese military would use, all my search results are pointed to the imperial Japanese army, and nothing modern.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Or perhaps someone is Japanese, who might be able to assist.

Thanks

Nick

Hi

We are starting to looking into some Japanese equipment and vehicles mainly for troop and equipment transportation.

But im having a hard time to locate any sort of "trucks" or "cars" that the Japanese military would use, all my search results are pointed to the imperial Japanese army, and nothing modern.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Or perhaps someone is Japanese, who might be able to assist.

Thanks

Nick

Searching under Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF) may yield better results for you.

The japanese MoD's site is at http://www.mod.go.jp/gsdf/ but it's in Japanese (surprisingly) so you might need to translate it with google toolbar or somet.

From what I can work out, the Type 73 is one of the main trucks used by JGSDF.

Might also be worth your while contacting the BOH mod. Not sure if they're doing stuff for ArmA but their work for OFP was great, and they can probably guide you in the way of reference materials.

http://ofpboh.himitsukichi.com/

Thankyou da12thMonkey

Completley forgot about those guys.

And i will go some googleing for "Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF)"

Thanks fella

Nick