Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

I would like to ask some skilled people here if following is possible with ArmA.

First let's talk about Crysis.

The demo came out and everyone was crazy about the graphics.. well, for some days. Then someone compared the graphics from a 2006 video and the demo.

Demo graphics aren't even close to what was shown in the video, so someone edited lightning and HDR and whatever values to make crysis look better:

ArmA_Nature_Crysis.jpg

1. - 2006 Video

2. - 2007 Demo

3. - 2007 Demo *edited*

---

Ok, back to ArmA.

While playing in the editor, blowing some stuff up, I took a picture of ArmA's nature:

ArmA_Nature2k.jpg

Look's pretty nice, but like good old OFP it's to blue'ish, not colourfull enough.

After some Photoshop polishing I came up with this:

ArmA_Naturek.jpg

I think it looks better, more colourfull, better contrast, etc.

My main question is, can ArmA be edited like crysis to get a result like the photoshopped picture? Or is everything hardcoded?

Thanks everyone.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

Hmm, I do think it has to be possible..

The colors are in texture files and those can be edited, same as the rvmat etc. I "think" its possible wink_o.gif

Is a M58 MICLIC a possibility in ArmA? Could it actually work against clearing mines? If so, and if not already requested...then count it as an idea to ponder.

And the more modern Marine stuff (vehicles, etc) the better. tounge2.gif

Hmm, I do think it has to be possible..

The colors are in texture files and those can be edited, same as the rvmat etc. I "think" its possible wink_o.gif

Yet not by editing shaders.

FarCry had more modability in these things than ArmA has..

I think it would have to be some kind of DXDLL-esque thing

Without having to edit the entire data structure of ArmA, both nVidia and ATi graphics cards come with. or have avialable, a range of tweaking utilities which allow for the adjustment of colour levels, saturation and such settings at render time.

Creating profiles for these tools would probably be the most logical and sensible option, rather than redistributing the entire CA content...

In that screen it looks like you have post processing turned off. Turning it on might liven up the colour a bit.

ArmA shaders are stored in 'bin.pbo' in the dta folder. The files are "BICompiledShaders_nVidia.shdc" (Nvidia cards) and "BICompiledShaders_Default.shdc" (Anything else, I guess ATI).

If BIS would give out the source files then someone with the skill can probably make some nice shader effects without resorting to using the 'dxdll' method.

Maybe someone could de-compile them? Post processing effects should be in there too.

Maybe getting parallax mapping would also be possible with these files? whistle.gif

Is anybody planning to do the HK-416 and HK-417 assault rifles ?

Aren´t those rifles in 6th sense? At least HK416

Lee_H._Oswald

I suggest make it as separate thread wink_o.gif It's idea that deserves topic. Nobody will ever find it in here

huh.gif I thought 6thSense.eu WeaponPack was about the M-14 / M-21 ?

huh.gif I thought 6thSense.eu WeaponPack was about the M-14 / M-21 ?

I am using the 6thsense-mod because of playing on their server and yes, the HK's (416+417) are in and much more.

pistols.gif

BUZZARD @ Dec. 11 2007,16:10)]It's Christmas season approaching, so who will perform the daunting task of converting THIS (click for link) from OFP to ArmA? xmas_o.gif

We need Winter Everon and Winter Nogojev!

[ig]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/screenshots2/keg_wn1.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/screenshots2/keg_wn2.jpg[/img]

I love winter themed islands!

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

Something like this (missing road/forest/ground textures)?? crazy_o.gifxmas_o.gif

APCS requested:

- Patria 8x8

- Valuk LKOV

Guns requested:

- M76 Yugoslav Sniper rifle

Nobody make Up-Armored turret protection HMMWV's and Slat Armor Stryker?

Take away the Vietnam-helmet from the grenadier in QG.. Please.

i would really like some more weapons on the harriers...

right now i must say it´s pretty useles as a CAS airplane.. especially since it dont use the GBU´s agains unmarked targets and the AI wont use the laser designator in a good way..

that makes the only weapon left for the harrier the cannon, and that isnt very useful against tanks n stuff since it doesnt carry much ammo for it...

the A10 is much better with it´s AGM65 Mavericks and rockets... but i dont like to use the if it´s supposed to be a USMC mission...

so if anyone could put the mavericks on the harriers it would be a lot better... or make some bombs wich dont require the target to be marked by laser that would work too....

Nobody make Up-Armored turret protection HMMWV's and Slat Armor Stryker?

Check the IMWM topic and click their link to their forums for screenshots of the Stryker with Slat Armor