Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

Islands with predesigned trenches /dugouts

Could someone with more expertise in island making please

advise if this is actually feasible or not?

If it is, then as a corollary could the AI be made to operate

in trenches (thinking of WW1 Western front trench systems)?

FDF acheived it in OFP, but that was a series of objects placed onto the terrain that gave the effect of a trench system. If the ground is prepared beforehand for this, then it can be a very convincing effect.

Islands with predesigned trenches /dugouts

Could someone with more expertise in island making please

advise if this is actually feasible or not?

If it is, then as a corollary could the AI be made to operate

in trenches (thinking of WW1 Western front trench systems)?

With just manipulating the terrain, no. The terrain grid in ArmA is to big for this. Only way to do it is as Messiah described.

Is anyone working on insurgents addon? ? ? Like iraqi guerrilla?

After the beta release of the great al jawf map should be perfect to have an insurgents pack to play in!

Ah, thank you, Opteryx and Messiah. It sounds like one could

build a decent WW1 Western front battlefield like that. I

expect that very considerable reworking of the AI (and

anims) would be needed to get them to cope in such an

environment though.

Is anyone working on insurgents addon? ? ? Like iraqi guerrilla?

After the beta release of the great al jawf map should be perfect to have an insurgents pack to play in!

Fcuk's sake! There is a thread about "insurgents" on the very first page! rofl.gif

Yes sorry for my last post i noticed the insurgents post a few while after post this message.

Ah, thank you, Opteryx and Messiah. It sounds like one could

build a decent WW1 Western front battlefield like that. I

expect that very considerable reworking of the AI (and

anims) would be needed to get them to cope in such an

environment though.

more than likely. I can't recall off hand how the AI dealt with the FDF trenches, but I do remember a mission where you were in the trench with several other AI soldiers and they coped rather well. It was more than likely coded as a building, so if you set up efficient AI paths and positions, it should be fine.

I need some black people dressed in turbans or rags with 5 meter dispersion HD AK's with full-auto-only firemode (until we get a patch to make ai dispersion work in mission editor) to make some terrorist fight simulations!

I am missing commands to give to the AI:

Movement speed, you can't tell at what speed the ai must travel to its destination, so it would be cool if you could say: stealthy, running, sprinting....

dunno if this has been said before...

some Trains

pipelines

subway

gold Mines?

submarines

Thx

Crowe

Trains would be actually good, even if they are not fully working or just as static object.... Will make islands look more realistic that people actually live there.

Request - 24 - CTU Units

Can someone make those for arma? Im not an experienced scripter but i would love to see them in arma.

Goldline

I mean while playing as a squad leader, not making a mission.

gotya, you can tell them to be in various modes of awareness, which then also effect their speed to some degree. Don't think what you're asking for is something than can be achieved by 3rd party addons though

I would love to see Sound Pack modders maybe be a little more flexible with PBO's.

Mainly becuase your tied to liking weapon sounds and then other things are changed like explosions etc which may not be so great.

It really would be nice to see audio Mods packed with "Weapons US.pbo" / "Weapons East.pbo" / "Effects.pbo" (Maybe even effects broken down to "infantry" and "vehicles" ).. so you can kill bits you dont like so much to retain something from another mod.

I know its not likely and more hassle than anything else for modders doing this in free time. Just thought Id say as a request.

I love to play the hunting game "Deer Hunter 2005", but it's getting old now.

Yesterday I found a demo of the new "Hunting Unlimited 2008", which is nice, but the graphics are HORROR!

Is there any chance that we have modding freaks out there who also love hunting games?

ArmA's islands are huge, the graphics are nice.

Only thing we need are animals and missions with some type of a scoring system.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

how about a war torn island, you know, like just rubble every where and burnt out vehicles and buildings?

Or even a Post apocalyptic island something like my 'Twilight' island i made for OFP all thous years ago with big desert roads, ruined cities, and fortress's made of junk and scrap.

Might even give island making another shot for ArmA my self come to think of it, I've completely forgotten how to make islands since OFP so might be a bit grueling to relearn it all again. confused_o.gif

i request a update of the "Civilian" addon (the one with the unarmed civilians on all sides)

please updat this one with the Queens Gambit civilians / prisoners

(or tell me how to do it)

i request a update of the "Civilian" addon (the one with the unarmed civilians on all sides)

please updat this one with the Queens Gambit civilians / prisoners

(or tell me how to do it)

You can edit the mission file i believe and change their sides.

Request - 24 - CTU Units

Can someone make those for arma? Im not an experienced scripter but i would love to see them in arma.

Goldline

posting a repeated request every day won't get them made you do realise? It's more likely to get you ignored. If you're determined to see them ingame, pick up some tutorials and O2 and try and learn, otherwise sit on your hands and have patience.

A Higgin's LCVP would be awesome. Can't seem to find other blueprints of it though.

Wiki Info

300px-LCVP-plan.gif

<span style='color:darkred'>Actually, if anyone has the blueprints suitable for modelling, if you could pass them on it would be very much appreciated. I may have just enough passion about this landing craft to actually attempt to learn to model</span>  wink_o.gif  Thanks smile_o.gif