Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Quote[/b] ]The OFP vehicles addon is one of the causes.

It seems that almost every addon with custom weapon configs is causing problems with 1.07.

its simple.

just when you play 1.7 take all custom addons out of the Adon Folder, then put them back in when you want to use them, and play 1.5

Quote[/b] ]It seems that almost every addon with custom weapon configs is causing problems with 1.07.

That's normally caused by badly written .cpp files, it's easy to fix.

I did edit this into my thread above, but in case anyone missed, I've noticed that any time you drop one of Vilas' weapons the game crashes. I suspect it's something to do with the fact that dropping weapons on the ground in ArmA means you actually have that weapon and its magazines appearing on the ground instead of just a generic bag that looks like a satchel charge.

vehicles not cause bug

bug is caused if someone in his addon has old definition of rifle:

class rifle : mgun {};

it causes problems, my addons do not have it now biggrin_o.gif

my weapons are in vilas_config of vilas_mod, vilas_config_ww2 of vilww2, vil_trg, vil_aug, vil_apc

this addons are 1.07 compatible

unit addons do not cause problem, because they do not redefine weapons

====================================

whats new:

on server CZ now goes new vilas_CWC with new SLA (i hope soon with Topas woodland), now my SLA in rain pattern: khaki, olive, greygreen (mountain division of SLA) and Military Militia biggrin_o.gif - small gadget for mission - it will be on crossroads during war in 1985 smile_o.gif

to Armaholic server - tommorow or later

sla_new.jpg

sla_mm.jpg

in the newest version of RUS (with groups definitions) Khaki Soviets look like that :

ru_kha.jpg

p.s.

i have all my addons, RHS Hind, BMD-1 and i dont have any problems, maybe other mod, even sound mod may redefine weapons

Thenks for great work Vilas.U made arma comunty wery hapy. I will love too now how u make ofp mod work i arma. Id will be great too put mig 21 and mig 29 to arma, and sam ader planes too. And id be very nice too see SA-6 in arma. Serb army was using them in nato air strike in 1999. Make them for op side and with serb flag.

This is SA-6

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/236960

Thenks 1 moor Vilas.

ps. sorry for bed english

Zastava M70 is in plans , not Migs - someone will do much better

p.s. to previous post

bbar

this can cause many problems with my addons, man even didn't reply messages

I don't know if that is the only problem 1.07 brought, nevertheless I'm prety sure that your vehicles are causing some trouble, I tried them without a single external addon in the folder and the weapons disappeared.

It's probably just a small mistake I'm sure that you'll fix it easily in the config file. wink_o.gif

Nevertheless, I took this part from the config of your OFP Vehicles, maybe this is the problem, I'm sorry but I didn't have time to check the config extensively.

class cfgWeapons {

class Default; // External class reference

class PistolCore; // External class reference

class RifleCore; // External class reference

class MGunCore; // External class reference

class LauncherCore; // External class reference

class GrenadeCore; // External class reference

class CannonCore; // External class reference

class GrenadeLauncher : Default {};

class MGun : MGunCore { };

class Rifle : MGun {};

if there is mgun {}; in ViBI i must delete this definition and make update

i don't understand because i have Vibi and i have weapons (i made screens in post above), maybe different country version behave different on 1.07 ?

if there is such definition i will check it today if i will be in home

edit:

new version of VIBI on FTP, i hope now all is okay at Your PC, on mine there was okay already (i have RHS Hind, BMD and my all addons)

Thenks for the replay and the time. M70 will be graet. U have the hevi sniper rifle crna strela. And sam Uniforms of a Serb army woud be nice. And a SA-6?

And how about snow camo on armor and uniforms. Snow terein will be nice too.

Keep up the good work.

There is a small problem with your Eastern infantry. The Polish and other units have a bug in their shadows. Whenever their bag gets into shadow dark polygons began to appear. It is visible both front and back. In full day light there is no problem. It happens with both 1.05 and 1.07.

vilas_52228.jpg

EDIT: Would have looked at this myself, but since I do not know in which pack the model/textures are located. Why are the muzzle flashes of guns so big? They are huge compared to BIS original weapons. Custom machineguns (M60 etc.) seem to have no belt.

> belts will be added - soon i must do new vilas_mod with optics from 1.07 to grenadelaunchers

> shadow - i have this problem with all units, even BIS SLA, i haven't changed _smdi, _nohq maps, i just janged colored texture, so shadow problem is for me unnown to fix

> muzzle flash is copy of OFP , i must change it in free time wink_o.gif

- working on mission pack for SLA 1985,

- in few days new Vilas_MOD and Vilas_POL because of 1.07 multisight weapons (rifle-grenadelaunchers),

-YACIEK made really great job biggrin_o.gif

alien_full.jpg

new version of ALIEN addon is on both FTPs in few minutes

enjoy biggrin_o.gif

--------------------

of course no tools, so smartgunner hold it like normal MG :/

need new animation for holding this

------------------------

Alien selfstanding addon, doesn't require antyhing more last ver. 19-05-2007, 1.07 compatible

Ailen adddon FTP CZ

edit:

soon i ope to give Vilas_MOD with 1.07 dual scopes

and new Vilas_POL with dual scopes and

Vilas_AIR with new skin of HIP, more suitable to RHS_HIND

new_hip.jpg

compare.jpg

Vilas, you can probably fix that odd APC wheel rotation speed with;

Quote[/b] ]wheelCircumference = x.xx

Nice Work .... love the Aliens series.

One problem with the aliens addon, the mg gunner wont fire he just stands there but other than that it's great.

okay i changed ammo for smartguun, goes on FTP

previously i used in ammo definiion that i thought will make bullets folow IR trakcer, but isee it works only for rockets

now M56 use simple 5.56 ammo

Can you change your nomination in editor ? You addons take to much place in the list

Use these for example :

VIL - MEN

VIL - ARMORED

VIL - CAR

VIL - AIR

VIL - SHIP

VIL - STATIC

VIL - SUPPORT

Thenks for great work Vilas.U made arma comunty wery hapy. I will love too now how u make ofp mod work i arma. Id will be great too put mig 21 and mig 29 to arma, and sam ader planes too. And id be very nice too see SA-6 in arma. Serb army was using them in nato air strike in 1999. Make them for op side and with serb flag.

This is SA-6

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/236960

Thenks 1 moor Vilas.

ps. sorry for bed english

Whaou 115 € very nice indeed but could slow down framerate, look instead at this free OFP version of <a href="http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=4997" target="_blank">

Serbian SA-6 Gadfly</a> by BKM.

Thenks man but thet is not a kub-m aa system. Thets a buk-1 a modern version off SA-6. But i will love too see any off those wepons on arma. And i will lve too vilass do same more plains for arma. But man just kent do all off our rekvests.

Thenks any way and keep up the good work.

I had a bunch of your addons installed Vilas and they were working great, I removed all of my addons to test out a problem I was having connecting to a server and then when I readd I'm having a problem with my muzzleflashes showing up all the time and I cant seem to fix it.

my addons have cfg models class defined as Vil_weapon

if other addonmaker doubled my class name like Astradeus vel BBAR it can make problems

on server ? so playing in multi ?

i don't know because thanx to BIS help with config all was okay since 10 of April ?

now my weapons don't have defined weapon from default class, site 31 of my topic - Rastavovic helped me

except my addons i use BMD, Mi24, USMC Marpat, CSLA, and i have no problems ?

Zastava M70 is in plans , not Migs - someone will do much better

p.s. to previous post

bbar

this can cause many problems with my addons, man even didn't reply messages

We already have M70 from OFP (Slovenian M70 mod by Fliper). It also has a funcionality to flip the butt :]

One more question Vilas, didn't have time to test the Alien-mod out, but I see flamethrower in the shot, is it functional ? wink_o.gif

One more question Vilas, didn't have time to test the Alien-mod out, but I see flamethrower in the shot, is it functional ? wink_o.gif

It's a smartgun, not a flamethrower smile_o.gif