Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Sure they can s8n smile_o.gif There won't be any problems with finding mailboxes, bus stops or shops either. There even is a possibility of getting a polish beer inside smile_o.gif Of course plenty of posters and propaganda crap on the walls as well. I think Poles should have fun in discovering the little eye-candies hidden 'here and there' throughout Northern Sahrani.

Czechoslovak allies are of course welcomed to join our boys for one Okocim-Beer inside smile_o.gif Btw; awaiting their release wink_o.gif

Everything sitting silently on rapidshare, waiting to be put on serwer

PS; Credit goes to Yaciek as well for enormous assistance and ideas (as mantioned in the pre-release pic) wink_o.gif

Topas - smile_o.gif im out of home. Take LWP-pack to vilas ftp. Very good work and nice athmosphere from 80 years from PRL. wink_o.gif

lwp_release_pic.jpg

new_lwp.jpg

Topas textures are super biggrin_o.gif

Polish Army 1985 addon in new version biggrin_o.gif

it requires basic pack and POL because of weapons used in addon

also new POL is ready with new pantera 93 camo biggrin_o.gif

pol_sak.jpg

new_pol_trg.jpg

with this addon comes another selfstanding addon SAKO TRG pack - it was made on few requests biggrin_o.gif

http://www.vilas.armaholic.net/vilas_trg.rar

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/arma/vilas_trg.rar

this addon is selfstanding and can be used to add to any other mods as AUG pack

it contains 3 TRG used by WP : black, green and black with silencer

Ok, shadows...

I'm going to use your aug_a1.p3d as an example here...

Open your the model in O2.

You have four (4) LOD's defined.

LOD 0.000

LOD 1.000

LOD 3.000

Memory

Step 1.

Make a duplicate of your LOD 1.000 (if you want a more detailed shadow) or LOD 3.000 (if you want less detailed shadow) and change the resolotion of this new LOD to 10000.

Either create or alter the property 'lodnoshadow' for this 'shadow' LOD and set the property to zero (0).

ie. lodnoshadow 0

Step 2.

In the LOD's 0.000, 1.000 and 3.000 create or alter the property 'lodnoshadow' and set the parameter to one (1).

ie. lodnoshadow 1

step 3.

Go back to editing your 'shadow' LOD (10000).

Close all 'holes' in this LOD.

Meaning if you dropped a replica of this LOD in water it would not leak.

How you do this step is really up to you.

Essentially though the end result is that when you do the 'Structure>Topology>Find Non-Closed' command in O2 it comes up with nothing selected.

step 4.

Do 'Select All' and then 'Structure>Triangulate'.

step 5.

Save your model and go,go, go... that is... should now be a 'working' shadow in game.

The End.

Now I know some of you will probably point out this and that... go for it... the more detailed info. we have the better... wish i had the time to spend writing biki's but i don't.

Also, personally whenever I do the 'Structure>Topology>Find Non-Closed' and 'Structure>Topology>Close' work flow i can never get the damn model (as a 'volume' anyway) to 'close'.

Probably because I spend as little time as I have to in O2...

So at this point I usually export this 'shadow' LOD either using 'NamedSelections2Obj.exe' or 'p2ms.exe' and import into Modo or Max... then fix up the 'holes' and export to 3DS format and then 'Merge' it back into the p3d.

Then I go through each LOD except the 'shadow' one and 'remove/delete' the 'merged/imported' model.

Then I make sure it locates pretty much where it should be and sanity check with find non-closed and triangulate.

Hope this work's this time. Dunno why shadows for weaps are so important... i'm always to busy checking my arse for baddies or looking down the sights, but the guys wanted them in our Mod so...

I give up on your addons.

I have tried my best in keeping our armaholic.com mirror and news up to date.

However, you keep updating files, files are dependant of eachother but you dont update the dates behind those files so its completely unclear which files are the files you are talking about.

Not to mention you have changed the dates of files you arent mentioning here and are mentioning addons you havent updated the date on.

From now on Armaholic.com will download your addons once a week wether or not you have updated them I dont care I will just increase their version number., I will no longer keep a version change log and wont post any news.

I do really like the hard work you put in your addons and you are very active, however making news and keeping pages up to date with your work (like you are doing now) will take me an hour at least for just one news post to make sure I have it all correct.

Most of the times I am downloading your files to compare it to earlier files to see if it was updated.

If you ever find it worth the hassle for the community to make a change log I will see it and adjust our pages acordingly.

no worries mate, i agree with your stance...

you can i'm told make the appropriate alterations to a 'shadow' quite adequately with O2.

As I said, I only use O2 when necessary...

Regarding the 'process' I mentioned above... It worked for me, and still works... I just persisted via O2 and managed to 'close' the holes in your steyr 'shadow' LOD in only a few steps.

Also, another way that works is making only a 2D version for a 'shadow' LOD.

That is... just a flat plane that looks like the 'profile' of your weapon. With this method I haven't checked if in-game when you look at another players steyr when the sun is directly overhead the shadow perhaps may not have 'volume' but may look like a 'line' instead. Dunno, haven't checked.

vilas...so u updated Nogova Army and Polish pack-version from 30.04.2007...and u made SAKO-TRG pack also at 30.04.,right?

And when did u update your basic pack? also yesterday?EDIT:u didnt smile_o.gif

oooooooooooooops i messed in topics :/

basic pack - 24-04

nogova long time ago,

TRG is selfstand or to POL

POL, LWP yesterday

oooooooooooooops i messed in topics :/

basic pack - 24-04

nogova long time ago,

TRG is selfstand or to POL

POL, LWP yesterday

No probs vilas..i got it now wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]'NamedSelections2Obj.exe' or 'p2ms.exe'

Been looking for ways to export O2-stuff back into other 3D-programs. Where can I find these? It would enable 2-way trafic and make modeling for ArmA so much easier.

Hmmm... These were aquired literally years ago so there whereabouts are lost to me in the anals of time...

here's a link for p2ms i just GOOGLED however...

p2ms.zip

shadows on which we were talking sometimes work, sometimes not :/

in some weapons 100% good , on other barrel gives no shadow or other part, sometimes barrel is 20 cm far than weapon shadow ?

sometimes weapon becames transparent like M1928, M1A1, MG42 :/

giving good shadow on 60% of weapons is nonsense :/

i think shadows will wait for tools :/

n_m42a.jpg

sniper rifle from AVP2 for USCM smile_o.gif

Yaciek will made super textures for soldiers and Alien addon will be finished biggrin_o.gif

i must do smartgun, VP70 now smile_o.gif

Hi, in your ofp bis pack why did you not add all ofp unit in your CWC pack : the T80, M24, M17, AH-1B, A10, SU25 & others" ? (Can you explain what is the CWC pack ?)

Also when we shoot, there is no tracer on land weapon, nevertheless tracer is present in Arma guns...

OOOH wow.. The AVP add ons are lookin good...

I so miss avp & avp2.

I'd Love to see a loader-walker.

whistle.gif

image1ul7.jpg

some Yaciek work smile_o.gif

an94_1.jpg

an94_2.jpg

an94_3.jpg

an94_4.jpg

new model of Abakan and Abakan GL on Basic mod smile_o.gif

over 3200 polycounts i 0 LOD

front grip is model not just texture

completly new texture and much more detailed model smile_o.gif

in 1 hour on FTP biggrin_o.gif

more details after upload biggrin_o.gif

new model of Abakan and Abakan GL on Basic mod smile_o.gif

over 3200 polycounts i 0 LOD

front grip is model not just texture

completly new texture and much more detailed model smile_o.gif

in 1 hour on FTP biggrin_o.gif

more details after upload biggrin_o.gif

can't wait vilas...great textures...first vss then this...whats next on the list? biggrin_o.gif

Vilas_MOD on FTP (new Abakans)

dresy.jpg

bandits added , i don't know how in the west europe or US , but in east europe - if you see man in colorfull adidas or nike or other "dres" with very short hair, better hide your digital camera, mobile,

they are some kind of bandit-hooligan subculture, now we can shoot them in ARMA using Police units biggrin_o.gif

http://www.vilas.armaholic.net/vil_bandy.rar

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/arma/vil_bandy.rar

working on Aliens still in progress smile_o.gif

vp70.jpg

VP70

apone1pq1.jpg

USCM

in Polish pack added black SWAT , not only gray, and few rifles more smile_o.gif

all_pol.jpg

now i have to do "Puma 89" reptail camo for soldiers 1990-1998

The end of the weapons have this really weird glowing white thing how do i get rid of it??? banghead.gif