Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2007

No gripes here, just pure fun. What you put in place here is amazing. notworthy.gif

Since the latest patch my messed up Mr. Burn's islands installation magically started working as it should. And I beat the mission battlefields for the first time. Now with the AI less accurate it feels much more balanced and realistic. GREAT JOB!!

Awesome job on the tracer rounds in the SAW and GPMG's - very realistic - I quite enjoy the burn-out effect if they embed in the ground - simply jaw-dropping !

Cheers,

Just trying this latest version and all's looking great aside from one error message:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Script \SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs not found

Any idea as to what this is or how to fix it?

Thanks!

Make sure you have the GL3.PBO in your add-on folder. I had that error when using SLX with FFUR until I placed it in the FFUR add-on folder.

I've been trying out ffur2007 with pmc_fury. I only found ffur2006 a couple of months ago, and it was impressive, albeit a bit touchy about some things. My God what you've done with this game. I prefer this mod to ArmA, mostly because of performance, but for a beat-up ol' game you sure have given OFP new life. BTW, of all the tweaks you could have made, toning down the AI accuracy is the best. It's still enough to keep the pressure on and yet have a chance at getting most of your squad through a mission alive. Good work FFUR team! I'll be playing this one for a long time.

Make sure you have the GL3.PBO in your add-on folder. I had that error when using SLX with FFUR until I placed it in the FFUR add-on folder.

OK many thanks I'll try that.

Quote[/b] ]Great update TB - only issue I have is the water texture - since I installed the update the water texture (and colour) have changed - on the IM : UC map - its gone to a bright aqua blue - any ideas on how to set the water texture back to the original one that was in the 1st pack without losing all the other great updates ?

I want to do the same but with fire and smoke. I dislike SLX version, I prefer the original.

An excellent update Tbird.

I think i found a small bug, When you fire an M249, M240 or PK the tracers appear (very nice effect), anyway when you get to your last 15 rounds every bullet has a tracer effect, I don't if this is a bug or not just spotted it. Great Update once again FFUR hits hard

That's to tell the machinegunner that he's about to run out of ammo.

GD Mast

Yes, they do that in real ife, they put the last 10-15 rounds in the MG as all tracers. To alert you your about to hear the deadmans click...

. . : : SamotH's Selection : : . . FFUR 2007 EXTRA PACK v1.2

==============================================

Ok!! here it is. I share it because it took me a lot of time to complete, and because it has some diferences with recently released pack by Thunderbird84 (but not too many). Try it if you feel adventurous    yay.gif

Things that changed:

-More Resistance replacements (including roads; I hope there are not any more)

-Improved installer that lets you choose some optionals and between HWTL and not, and it deletes the unnecesary files after installing (made in winXP so edit yourself for other OS)

-All in a self extracting file for even easier installing

-better credit given and some pics with credits for having COOLER CREDITS!!!  tounge2.gif

links:

http://files.filefront.com//;6522617;;/

http://rapidshare.com/files....ar.html

Enjoy!!!

==============================================

Thunderbird84,

Thanks a lot for the patches, mod and your dedication!!!  notworthy.gif

I am getting an error on the US Flame Soldier - when attempting to engage the enemy - he lights himself on fire instead of toasting the tangos. Any ideas ?

Cheers

I am getting an error on the US Flame Soldier - when attempting to engage the enemy - he lights himself on fire instead of toasting the tangos.  Any ideas ?

Cheers

Flame Soldier? I think you have the wrong mod mate. That sounds like a vietnam or WWII mod.

@GD Mast & Blazin

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys, Thought it was a bug. Thanks again.

I seem to get an error when I try to download it. sad_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Failed Server returned a 403 error: Acces Forbidden

So like, wth's up with that?

Are there any other hosts coming online or just this one? help.gif

WONDERFUL!

I have eagerly been awaiting this!

Thanks mate! TBird! Can't wait to give this a spin!

Did you get it to work flawlessly with the Battlefield and CTI big MP games?

I'm very VERY much looking forward to finding out!

Wook [iDGN]

biggrin_o.gif

TBird, is there any chance of UPDATING the main front page to show all your links that are dispersed through out this looong forum thread for the various patches, fixes and whatnot all on that one initial FFUR 2007 Intro post?

This would greatly simplify the process of getting all the patches in and fixes needed in the correct order in a time deliniated fashion.

Instead of having to read through now over 15 pages of notes to figure out whats what.

Wook [iDGN]

*Working on reading through ALLL the pages to figure out which patches I'm missing*

Page 13 should have the newest patch. wink_o.gif

Though, I dunno if it's just me that the mirror doesn't seem to work. confused_o.gif

lol sorry, havent patched or updated my version yet. i presume the M16/M4 burst echo sound effect has been changed, as if you listen carefully, at the very end of the clip, you hard what sounds like someone just about to say something all you hear is one letter.. but its a bit ditracting once you know its there..

i will edit this post if i see that these have been changed in the new update.

Forgive my noobs question but I finally got FFur 2007 1.01 running well and I don't want to mess anything up.

Can I just extract the rar directly to my opflash folder?

I did a test extraction (outside of game) and noticed some config.bin files within a file to edit. Is this necessary?

PS. not interested in running the full slx, just your additions.

Just a little complain

Hy Thunderbird, I've just start enjoing FFUR 2007 playing old and making some new missions.

I actually use your mod for playing both Tonal Redux and DMA Toyota Wars (I ensure that is possible by putting Tonal files into Ofp\addons folder, and the other files into ffur2007\addons folder, and playing ffur 2007 will show both of mods files.

My only complaint is about the sounds, M16, AK, PK sounds are in my opinion less realistic that in the old FFUR2006 versions.

Is that possible finding a way of replacing the old files without changing che config.bin file?

Or is it necessary to replace both?

Wich is the files to change, ffur_sounds or the Sounds.pbo file into the ffur2007/Dta folder?

Thanks for the great job and hope you'll carry on again!

Never mind, oh just a quick question, what SLX effects were implemented into this new Extra Pack?? because i dont see any difference

Tnx FFUR team for the updates,extra pack and on short time for fixing the problems... working great so far. wink_o.gif

Whenever I host a (DirectPlay) LAN game of FFUR 2007 with my two pc's, my buddy on the pc that is connecting to me cannot see smoke or fire on vehicles that have been destroyed, but I can. Both versions are patched to 1.96 with the same FFUR 1.02 patches and packs installed. Is this an old Flashpoint bug or is this problem related to the mod itself? From what I can remember I think that I encountered this problem before when hosting LAN games of Flashpoint Resistance.

Hmm, nvm the mirror problem. Just something weird going on with FireFox here I guess... crazy_o.gif

Downloading now. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My only complaint is about the sounds, M16, AK, PK sounds are in my opinion less realistic that in the old FFUR2006 versions.

Same for me, this sounds aren' t enough powerfull, the ffur 2006 was better

Yeah, sounds are kinda... Weird. I can live with them, but I personally still like the 2006 AK sounds. Also find the M16/M4 sound kinda... Not powerful pistols.gif

Overall I still like it and thank you(whole FFUR team) for taking time to make this stuff. thumbs-up.gif

Right now, gonna find my joystick and try to fly under some low bridges cause I'm happy and am having a hangover yay.gif