Sign in to follow this  
kroky

official complaint to BIS

Quote[/b] ]How can there be 100s of players when the game is only out in Czech/Germany... Besides...

Why did you bother to make an english patch? I mean the game is out only in Czech/Germany (Russia and Poland which you forgot), and it comes with that language, which people there speak.

So why did you make an english patch?

Why did you bother to make an english patch?  I mean the game is out only in Czech/Germany (Russia and Poland which you forgot), and it comes with that language, which people there speak.  

okay, well, lets answer this seriously, mock-smilies aint everything...

I fail to see the point that you are trying to make?

Because I say that the game isn't generally available in the world, but only in Germany or Czech, (even with my Language patcher the market is not much wider, except for some friends of friends and the community that knows about the patch...)... I undermine the very reason for making the language patch aswell?

Language patch or no language patch, fact remains that many ppl are waiting for the 505 release or do not even know about the game yet or simply only know about the 505 release. You think that the few ppl that use my language patcher compare to the thousands of copies that can be sold when the game is in the shops all over the world?

Really, there is just nothing that anyone SERIOUSLY can tell (statisticswise, *flop*factor etc) about this game until after the 505 release and even then there might still be issues that will be resolved over time...

ArmA chopper flight model is 200% better than OFP one.

complaining about it is so December 2006 whistle.gif

well about that upcoming release

there will be patch for us (these who "already" own legal copy (like me Czech version as i'm Czech))

and i'm in hope that this patch arrive at least 2 days prior 505 G release or sooner (so in case of some ultra critical bug BIS can release quick patch for all new buyers to avoid any sales disaster) ...

Actually your language patch is mostly being used with pirated versions of ArmA. So it may have reduced sales of the game. I know that wasn't the reason you made the patch, but unfortunately that is how it's being used.

Quote[/b] ]How can there be 100s of players when the game is only out in Czech/Germany... Besides...

Why did you bother to make an english patch?  I mean the game is out only in Czech/Germany (Russia and Poland which you forgot), and it comes with that language, which people there speak.  

He made the language patch because all of us who weren't from that country were able to benefit from it and that's what a community does.

When/if ArmA gets released in North America, I'll buy it again, I may even buy the UK 505 release. I would rather get the game in it's earliest stage and see how it progresses than get something perfect and not know where that perfection came from.

Actually your language patch is mostly being used with pirated versions of ArmA. So it may have reduced sales of the game. I know that wasn't the reason you made the patch, but unfortunately that is how it's being used.

What a load of crap. The english patch was probably the best thing that has ever happened to ArmA. Without it the game wouldn't had the community kick-start it got in right at the release.

What a load of crap. The english patch was probably the best thing that has ever happened to ArmA. Without it the game wouldn't had the community kick-start it got in right at the release.

So you're saying it's not being used in pirated versions? Only the major OFP fans imported or purchased download versions. The pirated versions floating around the net are coming with the english patch and are getting plenty of downloads (as all pirated games do - especially when they appear on the net before the worldwide release).

You seriously think my whole post is a load of crap? Do some research before making statements like that.

So you're saying it's not being used in pirated versions? Only the major OFP fans imported or purchased download versions. The pirated versions floating around the net are coming with the english patch and are getting plenty of downloads (as all pirated games do - especially when they appear on the net before the worldwide release).

You seriously think my whole post is a load of crap? Do some research before making statements like that.

errm Madmatt;

do you really think that those who are running pirated

software were only motivated by the english patch. confused_o.gif

I can only imagine this case for those people who are not

willing to buy two copies of the game but one when it finally

arrives in their language.

Everybody else who is using the pirated version would use it

no matter there's an english patch or not.

Think about it.

~S~ CD

With or without my language patcher, there will or would be an English release out there anyway, but I hear yah

Sorry for offtopic smile_o.gif

Well your english patch enabled people to play the missions and campaign. And that made them realize how poor the missions are. So............... icon_rolleyes.gif

Well your english patch enabled people to play the missions and campaign.  And that made them realize how poor the missions are.  So...............  icon_rolleyes.gif

Lame, but unaffecting smile_o.gif and Off-topic nener.gif

Well, what can I say. Thanks for making people aware of the quality of the SP part of the game.

Hopefully the 505 version make things better.

errm Madmatt;

do you really think that those who are running pirated

software were only motivated by the english patch. confused_o.gif

I can only imagine this case for those people who are not

willing to buy two copies of the game but one when it finally

arrives in their language.

Everybody else who is using the pirated version would use it

no matter there's an english patch or not.

Think about it.

~S~ CD

I understand that, but some people wouldn't bother with a game that's not in a language which they understand.

I'm not saying that the English patch is a bad thing, but it is helping the piracy scene a little. Personally I will get the 505 version when it arrives in South Africa on Feb 23 (according to www.btgames.co.za at least).

I realise that this is offtopic, but it's a useless thread now anyway tounge2.gif .

My facts? Where are your facts? With that kind of reasoning you may as well say that addons and user missions helps the piracy scene since anyone can download and use them.

LOL Raedor, what if I create 2 new threads, one for BTS and one for documentation where only I can state my nonsense. Then nobody can cross the sword with me and I am somehow in my personal prison or lunatic asylum means !peace! yea. Would you close those 2 like the last one? Ok, I would miss some guys but it would be ok for me.

Dude, cut it out already with the "documentations"

Bis is a company, and as a company its their job to do anything to make a profit. Makng documentations for "you" won't bring them any money in.

Don't you know how things work? This is a thread for people to talk about "REAL" issues, not "documentations".

What your asking for won't happen because it won't bring BIS any money. So you might aswell forget about it starting....... now.

BIS didn't have time to beta test, you think they have time to make you a "documentation"?

LOL Raedor, what if I create 2 new threads, one for BTS and one for documentation where only I can state my nonsense. Then nobody can cross the sword with me and I am somehow in my personal prison or lunatic asylum means !peace! yea. Would you close those 2 like the last one? Ok, I would miss some guys but it would be ok for me.

I'd close them, yes. And keep such meta discussions via PM, this thread is for complaints to BI (and their discussions) only. wink_o.gif

You've made your requests, then you persisted over and over again, to the point that the very target of your pestering asked you to stop harrassing him as your constant hounding him was preventing his work.

I'm sure that BIS would just be thrilled to spend all day building systems to describe in minute detail why they should be spending vastly more time managing defects than fixing them. BIS already has all the tools they need to get their job done, and they're tuned to their development processes.

Perhaps it would be in the communities best interest to let BIS do their job, and stop spamming them endlessly in non-constructive whining. All it serves is as a distraction from fixing the problems BIS is already aware of.

You've made your requests, then you persisted over and over again, to the point that the very target of your pestering asked you to stop harrassing him as your constant hounding him was preventing his work.

I'm sure that BIS would just be thrilled to spend all day building systems to describe in minute detail why they should be spending vastly more time managing defects than fixing them. BIS already has all the tools they need to get their job done, and they're tuned to their development processes.

Perhaps it would be in the communities best interest to let BIS do their job, and stop spamming them endlessly in non-constructive whining. All it serves is as a distraction from fixing the problems BIS is already aware of.

Have you ever made an bug report in the list? Apparently not. So don't try to talk about things, you don't understand.

1. The BIKI-List is a community list.

2. people from the community try to keep things clean

3. I don't care how BIS does bugtracking internally, but it's "gesunder Menschenverstand" that it would help to have fixed relationships between their system and the public system (e.g. Our problem with Methodcall xyz relates to Bug #123 in the public BTS). And don't tell me this is possible with the Bikilist

4. Making a good bug report in wikilist is "rocket science". You have to know wiki markup. Uploading images takes way to much time. There is no structure given to you.

5. I'm looking forward when the 505 release is out and a lot of more people are squashing this list with "Edit wars".

Do you actually know that it takes lesser time to setup the Mantis-installation than to do one Wiki-bugreport (a good one)?

Worth reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugtracker

Quote[/b] ]Bug tracking system is essential and used extensively by companies developing software products.

Quote[/b] ]I understand that, but some people wouldn't bother with a game that's not in a language which they understand.

Contribute !

I call all Arma buyers who come across piracy downloads in the i-net to copy/paste the keys that come along with that releases and send them to BIS. Before Placebo left I sent him a daily update on pirated keys and download locations for Arma of hosters like rapidshare. Do the same and help them fighting piracy. Pirated keys are implemented in patches, so someone who got a pirated copy is not able to apply an official BIS patch and will be stuck with Arma in it´s genuine form for a long while tounge2.gif

All who want to have longterm support for Arma and do want to do something usefull should have their eyes open and collect those keys at least.

I don´t know who is currently handling the piracy issues at BIS as Placebo has left, maybe BIS could name us a contact adress for those issues.

There were even talks about making the language-patcher

useless for those using pirated keys but I guess there was no real outcome there.

...The regular wordy shinRaiden post...

Have you ever made an bug report in the list? Apparently not. So don't try to talk about things, you don't understand.

Ahhh, for the days before the internets, where the game developer could get on with life (developing games) and not having to deal with the whiney crap of every Joe Schmo who thinks that they are somehow owed something (other than the game) in return for buying the game.

There is an interesting article (a devils advocate) in the Feb 06 PC Gamer which outlines exactly why game devs shouldnt listen to thier "fans." Its an interesting read, I suggest the more active people in here read it and take stock.

BI seem to have achieved a suitable balance between listening - fixing bugs - and not listening - not being bogged down changing the game to suit every whiners beck and call.

Speaking of not trying to talk about things you dont understand, do you have any idea of the internal systems BI has in place for their dev cycle?

Well?

No? Didn't think so wink_o.gif The phrase "Practice what you preach" springs to mind.

Yes I'll agree that the mantis system is great (having used it for a large project at uni last year). But I'll counter that by saying what right do we have to bitch about every teeny tiny bug? I hate to go back to it, but alas, its the only parallel to be drawn: Professional software, where the user expects top grade bug reporting and tracking abilities and PAYS for the privellage. BI is dedicated to their game, and they do listen to the "community" to spot and fix bugs. But is anyone in the community actually "qualified" to report these bugs? What have they done to deserve this "right"? (And no, buying a "single seat license" - to use the VBS terminology - for the game doesnt count - even if you bought more than 1 copy)

Edit: Rant over.

Oh man you live on some planet zorg or somethin! I have bougth the game and I deserve to get functional game and that gives me the right to report bugs and await quick solution of them so I can properly put on use what I have paid for. Everything else is some stupid, surreal b**t talk of idiots!