Sign in to follow this  
kroky

official complaint to BIS

If I remember correctly, there was also an interview where Placebo said the AI was being worked on significantly. Well that happened to be false.

Also the 1.02 patch was said to fix the flight model "significantly" and many can argue that its far from being "fixed"

So I'm tired about all this and I don't really care. I judge things once I see them from now on.

If I remember correctly, there was also an interview where Placebo said the AI was being worked on significantly.  Well that happened to be false.  

Also the 1.02 patch was said to fix the flight model "significantly" and many can argue that its far from being "fixed"  

So I'm tired about all this and I don't really care.  I judge things once I see them from now on.

Theres not really any issues with the flight model, a little tweak here and there maybe to stop these "loop the loops" etc... but its a matter of practise...

I much prefer it... BUT i dislike autohover.. bring back OFP autohover please! wink_o.gifinlove.gif

And aparently AI has been a main focus in an interview i read for the 505 patch...

@suma or @bisPR

I'd like to know, what's happening with the buglist, when GPE[1] comes out?

a) will it be moved away? -> people could get angry, because it's removed, but the issue is still there.

b) it stays (just marked with X, when a bug is closed) and is getting bigger and bigger, since software is never perfect. The enormous length could scare people, cause there is no statistic over the facts (50 open, 100 closed, etc).

[1] greatest patch ever

Bugs will probably be removed from the list i presume.. so long as they are confirmed to be fixed, though they will probably be archived somewhere...

Dont expect *too* much BIS response mate ...

If I remember correctly, there was also an interview where Placebo said the AI was being worked on significantly.  Well that happened to be false.  

So I'm tired about all this and I don't really care.  I judge things once I see them from now on.

Theres not really any issues with the flight model, a little tweak here and there maybe to stop these "loop the loops" etc... but its a matter of practise...

I much prefer it... BUT i dislike autohover.. bring back OFP autohover please! wink_o.gif  inlove.gif

And aparently AI has been a main focus in an interview i read for the 505 patch...

The rudder is flawed on choppers and the planes well I'm not even going to get into that, especially the horrible handling of the harrier.

So it ends as usual, no response from BI anymore and the thread is hijacked by guys discussing the latest cooking recipes or the actual status of their foreskin-catarrh.

Good luck and good night.

I&C

07-minister.jpg

"There are no bugs in this game. I tell you this. It is all a lie. They lie. It is a hollywood movie. You do not believe them."

@ INNOCENT&CLUELESS

If you would feel more comfortable ...how about a new thread like "suggestion: bugtracking systems" maybe somewhere in "ArmA - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING" or "ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION" ??

wink_o.gif

Next time it will terrible nice if you first try with some kind of politeness. We can't look in your head and see the helpful things you are thinking off! smile_o.gif

best regards

@CanadianTerror

90px-The_Simpsons-Kent_Brockman.png And I, for one, welcome our new bug overlords!

@NoRailgunner

We had those threads in the official Help_Talk:Buglist. I'm pretty sure BIS is still tracking this thread. Suma has replied recently here and i'm confident that there will be another official reply on the issue.

Bye

Boecko

IF you want to give ideas about what you dont like and whats you think is better way to work about, and there is no clear topic around(use search first), make yourself a new topic and stop rubbish talk here once and for all, leave it to what the name is about, if you not sure if the topic will lock, ask a mod first

really, putting into a DISCUSSION style instead of keep the  yelling/spaming style of posting make your point looks more clear, it makes everybody happy and ppl stop(or lesslikely to) spaming/yelling back on you, and you will be happier too

Oh my dear 4 in 1

Yes, I forgot you!

I love you also! inlove.gif

I am not really successful opening new threads here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57558

And we discussed this several times on-topic...wrong, it was one-way, several BI admins and Placebo replied NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, NEVER, NO CHANCE, to my/our suggestions before someone fom BI could reply, I dunno if it was in the name of BI. Ok, Placebo was from BI but you know what I think about him.

If I remember correctly, there was also an interview where Placebo said the AI was being worked on significantly. Well that happened to be false.

The AI was really worked on significantly. There are brand new techniques used by the AI (such as leap frogging) and AI is now extensible config side, which is something that will show its true value only later, once user made modifications will start to appear. AI path planning was also significantly improved (the old OFP AI would not be able to navigate in a dense environment at all) and many reactions were tuned. I am sorry if you expected something different. (Note: Some more tuning was and is being done for the patch).

Quote[/b] ]Also the 1.02 patch was said to fix the flight model "significantly" and many can argue that its far from being "fixed"

The 1.02 flight and control model was significantly changed, we were assisted by a helicopter flight instructor and the final result was valued as "I'm very impressed with the latest flight model!!!".

Regarding INNOCENT&CLUELESS and boecko suggestions, I really cannot answer to any single post on this forum.

I have no intention to participate in this lenghty thread any more, as I have some other work to do and the participation here has already took me several hours of my time, which could otherwise be spent by a programming work.

@ Ondrej:

Quote[/b] ]I have no intention to participate in this lenghty thread any more, as I have some other work to do and the participation here has already took me several hours of my time, which could otherwise be spent by a programming work.

That is what I meant, I started several attempts to go once through my 2 favorite topics (e-mail, mail) and the forum here is the only one where I got any reply.

Saying here that I steal your time is cheap, you also steal mine by letting me testing out the bugs you made programming the game I bought from BI/Morphicon.

But I am willing to invest the time and even more investing time to help you making the information flow regarding bugs more efficient.

So lets bring it to something useful, the BTS set up by boecko is ready to use, you just have to say "yes, let`s do it".

You wrote:

Quote[/b] ]This is definitely possible, however it seems to me the Wiki bug list as it is now works well enough for the purpose. The Trac you are refering to may prove useful, if I see there is a useful information in it, I will give it a try, and we shall see what may come out of this.

To see if it is useful I suggest following:

We (ok, ok, boecko) import once more the content of the Biki-list

and after that we work with the mantis tool. Before doing that we need to agree with the BI TT managers on ticket flow, used categories, one or several queues...

And to the "lengthy thread":

I wrote you everything on a few pages with nice wording, it is not my fault that it might flushed down the toilet in BI/Morphicon premises. We can use any other communication channel of your choice, just say which you like.

But saying that a communication tool that BI is forcing me to use is not good enough is quite funny.

So here are some volunteers waiting for your start signal with idling engines, use it.

---------------------

Jörn Greszki, ArmA tester by accident

Suma let this be a lesson. Learn to distinguish between the sober entities of the wiki bug-page and these monster threads craving attention and time. Stick with what works.

Quote[/b] ]In MP & SP it is impossible to crawl under the standard wooden fence (more like a wooden handle) that surrounds some fields. Sorry, I don't have a pic, it is the one with 2 horizontal wooden bars. This is not RL and since it is in ArmA not possible to jump I have to walk around. So my request is to make it possible to crawnl under this and 2nd to add the ability to jump at least 40 cm high in arma. v[1.02] --INNOCENT&CLUELESS 12:04, 5 January 2007 (CET)

You can step (more like leap) over them if you run at them, but this probably shouldn't be possible (unrealistic). --Big Dawg KS

Oh, I try, but the point is that I do not thing it is easy to manage the bugs there. And you mix something. I never said the bug list should be replaced by this thread, so why should he distinguish between?

What I ask from Suma is a 30 seconds reply: "ok, lets try" and another 20 minutes to instruct the Biki admins to familiarize with the mantis. The rest we would do to fine tune mantis to their needs, reformating trouble tickets, requesting ticket creators for further input/clarifications e.t.c.

So I am sure we would even offload the Biki admins.

Stick with what works? With that mindset we would still sit in the trees trying to open a coconut with stones

@ Ondrej:
Quote[/b] ]@ Ondrej:

,,,snip

I guess we all have already seen your point and Suma already answered your question.

They have more important and urgent things to do right now than to implement a bugtracking system of a new kind.

Keep in mind that they have a wiki-alike bugsystem for internal com´s at BIS aswell and switching from one to another is just not done in one day. It´s up to them if they choose another system once they have time to think about. You need to be a bit more patient and understanding in your demands.

Even offering your help is all nice, but as they use an internal tracker system that is bound to the outside , public tracker your help would interfere with BIS non-disclosure policy and internal communications that are not of public interest to anyone.

It´s not like there were no good user-ideas over the last 5 years

that were appreciated and after a while taken into OFP and Arma developement process while others didn´t make it for reasons that we don´t know and we will not know as such are BIS decisions that are not meant to be debated in public. Period.

Right now the BIS focus is on the 505 release and the patch for the other versions. Sounds good enough for me. I read an interview with Markus yesterday and what I read made me optimistic about the improvements we will most likely see soon.

That´s what we need now, an improved Armed Assault, not some improved bugtracking system. Priorities are with the game right now and I guess everyone here appreciates that. So please stop your loops of demanding something that Suma has already taken into consideration.

You definately need to take a relax-pill from time to time.

Chill out and wait for the patch.

I guess we all have already seen your point and Suma already answered your question.

They have more important and urgent things to do right now than to implement a bugtracking system of a new kind.

Who has to implement it? This one, setup with an importer?

BTW: I think, they didn't even look at it.

...as I have some other work to do and the participation here has already took me several hours of my time, which could otherwise be spent by a programming work.

This could be my words.

Edit: Wait! .. this are  my words! Weird.

Oh my dear 4 in 1

Yes, I forgot you!

I love you also!   inlove.gif

I am not really successful opening new threads here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57558

And we discussed this several times on-topic...wrong, it was one-way, several BI admins and Placebo replied NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, NEVER, NO CHANCE, to my/our suggestions before someone fom BI could reply, I dunno if it was in the name of BI. Ok, Placebo was from BI but you know what I think about him.

erm........did i not making myself clear here? as from what i have seen is that the topic isnt really belongs to a discussion style, more like a bitching or something like that(not to the point like those stupid picture spam above i guess)

you might think that your way is correct but sorry that doesnt float my boat

What Balschoiw said.

Chill out, whatever the job alrady done (and any1 can thank you for that), migrating the bug system/updating it/training admins on using it etc... WILL take time and atm, it is not BI priority who are working on patch and 505 release

Quote[/b] ]What Balschoiw said.

Yes ! Listen to me for once, goddamnit biggrin_o.gif

For me it´s even a good sign that Suma seems to be more active at the forums lately, that means we get some, but limited feedback. People have to understand that Placebo is not at BIS anymore and therefore our primary communications pathway is not existant atm.

@Balschoiw:

You have to read my suggestions more careful, the public BTS could feed ANY BIS-internal tool, even a shitty excel list. No rocket science. The suggested BTS would avoid duplicated TTs since the manager would map it to an existing ticket and the creator would get the information of the parent TT. So each creator of a TT would be informed about any change of his TTs immediately, also if Ondrej would ask "can you tell me under which condition you tested this? pls attach the mission .pbo you used" it would go straight to the creator of the TT and he could answer straight back.

What you suggesting is the short winded "uhh, ahhh, we have to fix now, huh" but what I suggest is something that will pay back over the long run 100x of the time you invested in the setup.

This horrible stupid argument "no time, we need to fix.."

shows that there is no long term strategy, not even a tactic, only reaction, no proactive action.

And someone who needs more then 20min time to get used to mantis ....