Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact Discussion Thread

it was announced that the release will be approx in november 2007. maybe there is a new planned release date but not communicated.

As far as I know they are busy translating the German manuals into English. So I guess we have to wait... whistle.gif

My part would´ve been done earlier if someone hadn´t sent me the CWR mod two days ago rofl.gif

My part would´ve been done earlier if someone hadn´t sent me the CWR mod two days ago rofl.gif

You lucky ******* crazy_o.gif

I can't wait for the release of DAC. Unfortunaltely I'm such a stickler for precision of unit placement that I can't play any of my own maps because I know (roughly) where all OPFOR units and vehicles are placed. It was the same for me with OFP, however with DAC I can play my maps without my enjoyment suffering from too much inside knowledge. Thanks Silola and Mapfact, I anxiously await release.

If it would be ready for the public then most probably the mapfact site would be one of the first to tell. wink_o.gif

I am eagerly waiting for DAC... I have been creating a dynamic mission which has evolved into a very complicated moving war. To really finish this mission, I need DAC2.

Currently, I have lost all interest in ArmA. I hope 1.09 and DAC will bring it back from the shelf where it stands.

Malick

A little bird told me the release is THIS WEEK smile_o.gif

A little bird told me too smile_o.gifxmas_o.gif

.. and a big bird told me 'when it's done' whistle.gif

Hmm Big-bird vs Little-bird then..., as our little-bird shared it might be done just this week wink_o.gif

Hehe smile_o.gif

All I really ever wanted for ArmA was 3 things - great big smoke, great blood spatter and DAC. This week will see the completion of the trilogy wink_o.gif

Did the smoke myself, SNKMAN and Sickboy kindly provided the blood and now great battlefield complexity will soon be available. I am VERY excited by this. The chaotic (but intelligent) nature of DAC battlefields means that tall/big volume smoke is a great way to get a feel for what's happening at distance (hotspots to be either avoided or seeked out for example) and the directional blood spatter is great for working out from what direction you're suddenly taking fire from biggrin_o.gif (also allows for a little "forensic" work to be done when coming across a bunch of dead people.)

Oh, and I hear that DAC will have AI smokeshell logic. Niiiiiiice, made a little viewblock doohickey just for that wink_o.gif

Gonna be a great Christmas thumbs-up.gif

Yea, DAC 2 has been on my Xmas list since long time!

And while we are at it... Merry Xmas Silola and Mapfact guys xmas_o.gif

/KC

You forgot Tracers Markwick (;))

But you are right. I also am waiting like nuts on DAC. I tried creating my own copy, ala AI-Manager, but it never reached the plateau DAC resides on and after the first news that DAC v2 was getting back on track I decided to abondon the project and wait for DAC and write my mission framework around it...

The day it gets released will become a holyday yay.gif

Hello,

I wish you all a merry Christmas too. smile_o.gif

What the birds tell you, is totally nonsense.

In addition, the DAC is not released for Arma, but for Crysis.

You know, better engine, better unit control, better group management,

better scripting facilities, etc.....blahblahblah

DAC for Crysis 0,01 % done ;-)

Greeting

Silola

(DAC for ArmA 99,9% done) xmas_o.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Looking forward to it Silola... you Scripting-Beast!

Crysis, you joker rofl.gif

Crysis is the future of everything. Even Wikipedia will be adapted to Crysis.

Well, apart from this : can you give us some insight of the upcoming DAC ? How is development going and what kind of features shall we wait for ?

Malick

All will be revealed soon enough.

I must have a comment here but what ive tested/seen is neverbefore been done with such complexity in ofp/arma and the easyness of use anyone and everyone should be-able to use it with no problems. And as usualy it will come with some very very detailed guides on how to use.

Bring on DAC 2.0 yay.gif

the new DAC sounds really like it will blow peoples minds, maan i wonder how nice the feel of a outdrawn cwc conflict in arma with cwc mod stuff in a DAC enviroment will work out? inlove.gif

A blackhawk and a mi-17 with fast roping that works in sp and mp and i would be extremely happy biggrin_o.gif

noticed yesterday that there came a few new units for the civie side with Queens gambit too smile_o.gif really sweet with the extra stuff that you discover sometimes late xmas_o.gif

Damn you Silola, for one second I thought...

no not really, but you should not make such jokes before end of March. biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to see that masterpiece of work.

is there any word on

[ 09.05.07 / MAP_Military under developement ]

or is this one of the cancelled projects like  MAP Respawn

just d/l your DAC2 looking forward to trying it out

keep up the good work

and a meery christmas to all the mapfact team when it comes

bk1276