Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma bugs

Ah. Yeah. Saw it. Mainly when i was trying to run the game at higher details than my system was able to handle. I suppose that all those hi res textures and hi detailed models just didn't fit into the memory :P

well, it seems that the less detail i use the more screwed up the graphics get. oh well, i'm sure this will be fixed at some point.

also i wouldn't mind if bis "fixed" the interface graphics. looks like they're also missing the coating.

Dunno if this has been mentioned.

In the MP game with the blackhawks, when I selected the crewchiefs slot and doorgunners slot, one click of the fire button completely emptied the minigun. all rounds were fired off, although after removing my finger from the fire button, the rounds were no longer deadly, and did not kill other players.

I was a client under a non dedicated host.

U can see soldier in building (multiplayer) but he cant see u, or custom put objects like bunker etc smile_o.gif

Attempts to execute a nonexisting FSM crashes.

Testcase:

init = "this doFSM ["test.fsm", position player, player]"

changing stance with binocs is still messed up.

You switch to your main weapon, change the stance and switch back to the binocs.

They should be a seperate weapon you can zoom with. You should be able to move with binoculars as well.

The option to turn off tracers doesn't seem to have any effect. I still see the tracers being fired with M4 and such weapons.

The scope sway with sniper rifles is way too much while in prone supported. Only up and down movements, no random sway in this stance, please.

Holding the breath seems to be useless, since the sway is still present and the breath sound after a while is too quiet to be noticable by the player.

Range estimation is not correct. I reported a target at one thousand meters but it was only 800 m away, this can be a problem especially if the correct distance is important.

HDR is still in use when it is pitch black outside. Using NODs in the dark is difficult if you look in specific directions as if the sun is still shining. Using scopes or binoculars will negate the HDR effects totally.

Quote[/b] ]Just a suggestion to add some eaze to the devs.

brit~XR started this thread. Either he updates his first post with all confirmed bugs, or make a brand new sticky thread containing the bug list only. Someone that spends a lot of time in these forums could do it. I'm not the one

i dont have the time to do that and i dont spent much time on these forums either so maybe good idear if someone else starts a 2nd topic with all the bugs or someone make a list of bugs on here then i paste them on to my first post and edit it smile_o.gif

I don't have anything to add bugs-wise (darn you placebo, still say that ridge-shooting thing is still a bug... but I'll hold my tongue until I get the game and can make a proper screenshot demonstrating it).

But I'd like to urge any list of bugs in ArmA to properly define what a bug is. I've noticed a lot of so called bugs reported in this thread are actually just plain complaints with the game.

Examples of bugs:

Tanks which twitch and make noise even when parked

Examples of NOT bugs:

M2 machine gun eventually killing a BMP2

Harrier doesn't have VTOL

A bug is something the game does that the game designer did not intend. If BIS wanted your M4 to shoot rainbows and it did in game then it wouldn't be a bug. You might not like it, but it's not a bug. What you have there is a complaint about the design of the game, which is different from a bug. For a real example, the fact that M2 .50 cal can kill a BMP2, it's a limitation of the game. The game designers could have worked to make it invulnerable to M2 fire, but they chose not to. You might not like that that's the case, but it isn't a bug.

Ultimately, a lot of "what's a bug" and "what isn't a bug" comes down to knowing the designer intent. For example, if they really didn't want the M2 .50 cal from killing a BMP2, well then that's a bug, because the game is doing something other than what the designer intended.

Thats and old bug (or feature, however you like it) from OFP, because 2 machinegunners can quickly take down BMP... m60... right.

Does anyone know FOR SURE, if there are any issues with running ArmA in SLi mode? Thanks.

Thats and old bug (or feature, however you like it) from OFP, because 2 machinegunners can quickly take down BMP... m60... right.

That's what I'm talking about, it's not necessarily a bug if the game designers did not attempt nor expect a sophisticated damage system.

It's kind of like saying that body armor doesn't deteriorate after being hit in game is a bug. It's not a bug if it was never attempted to be modeled.

News abot German Version

THE GREAT SURPRISE

This Player has both Versions and he tried the german Version today:

u can see his screenshots:

DEUTSCHE VERSION=GERMAN VERSION

TSCHECHISCHE VERSION=CZECH VERSION

Look at FPS (equal settings-firs screen)

the German Version has max. 18 FPS crazy_o.gif

He got mail From Publisher:

Hallo Chris,

We know the Problem and we work hard at Hotfix.

We are very sorry about it... but we hope to solve this problem next days.

Greetings

Morphicon Limited

PS: This Bug can only fixed with patch... don`t try it youself, its impossible

OMG

confused_o.gif

This is hardly an "ArmA" bug tho, its more down to whatever copy protection (secuRom iirc) Morphicon has integrated into the game or whatever funkyness they've done to make the distinction between the German and Czech versions.

Quote[/b] ]This is hardly an "ArmA" bug tho, its more down to whatever copy protection (secuRom iirc) Morphicon has integrated into the game.

Think so too. All users who was lucky and get the game today report in german forums thats the game runs instable with max. 21FPS @ all low settings

This is hardly an "ArmA" bug tho, its more down to whatever copy protection (secuRom iirc) Morphicon has integrated into the game or whatever funkyness they've done to make the distinction between the German and Czech versions.

Question is, if it really is due to copy protection.

Could be that they poorly implemented it, because I never saw a SecuRom protected game with side effects like this, or they messed something up while implementing it, like capped the FPS or something.

Publishers these days....

I'm a bit ticked off with the fact that often, when you go into your map screen, whilst playing, and you hit 'm' again to exit it, it has to load for a second or so.

On multiplayer it's bloody annoying, it got me killed sometimes, like when flying.

I think it has something to do with the engine though, not a bug really.

Quote[/b] ]The option to turn off tracers doesn't seem to have any effect. I still see the tracers being fired with M4 and such weapons.

Did you check if you are in the right difficulty ?

You might be in Veteran, and disabled it in Novice.

I had this as well, figured it out later how to set Novice/Veteran difficulty in missions.

Guest Ti0n3r

-It's not possible to see other soldiers if you look at them through the window of the Hotel building...

windowuw7.jpg

Could be that they poorly implemented it, because I never saw a SecuRom protected game with side effects like this, or they messed something up while implementing it, like capped the FPS or something.

Well the only difference between the Czech and German versions are the copy protection and the stringtable files. And I really cant see the stringtables causing fixed FPS.

The copy protection HAS to integrate with the games executable, so if done poorly it could have the effect to limit FPS.

And I have to agree with you final sentiment, a quick test with fraps running would have shown that something was amiss...

Did you check if you are in the right difficulty ?

You might be in Veteran, and disabled it in Novice.

I had this as well, figured it out later how to set Novice/Veteran difficulty in missions.

Yes, I disabled them both in Regular and Veteran. No difference.

Found another bug: Drove my truck into a lamp post and had some flight lessons for free.

The sound seems to be corrupted. I hear vehicles/helicopters from far away as if they were right on top of me.

Walking with aimpoint/sights up is bad. Not a bug really, but not the way it should be either. Red dot scopes were created to have a proper sight picture and dot while in dynamic missions. So it makes no sense to have such terrible sway. Actually, they move correctly, but this sway is not appropriate.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Sniperwolf572 @ Nov. 28 2006,20:23)

Well the only difference between the Czech and German versions are the copy protection and the stringtable files. And I really cant see the stringtables causing fixed FPS.

The copy protection HAS to integrate with the games executable, so if done poorly it could have the effect to limit FPS.

And I have to agree with you final sentiment, a quick test with fraps running would have shown that something was amiss...

I have count 4 People in the official forums of Morphicon now who have the same problems

NOBODY reported that german version runs stable at this moment

From what can be read , Neverwinter Night 2 had big performance problems that were related to securom, later the executive producer of Obsidian recognized it.

Starforce then Securom, what will be the next good idea of the publishers against their customers ?

From what can be read , Neverwinter Night 2 had big performance problems that were related to securom, later the executive producer of Obsidian recognized it.

Starforce then Securom, what will be the next good idea of the publishers against their customers ?

I guess it's a new trend then.

Hopefully 505 won't have this problem. We still don't know what protection will they use. Maybe they will opt for SafeDisc or Tages.

So far, both releases have been bugged by copy protection. Hopefully third time lucky.

Hey i keep getting this problem with my copy of ArmA (czech version)

armaexe3qa7.th.jpg

i can get rid of the problem by changing resolutions, however after a little bit the problem comes back

I'm running ArmA on:

intel pentium 4 2.9ghz processor

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

and 1024gb ddr ram

o and aside from problems like the above screenshot ArmA runs very good on my PC at default settings going at 20-30 fps

The scope sway with sniper rifles is way too much while in prone supported. Only up and down movements, no random sway in this stance, please.

Holding the breath seems to be useless, since the sway is still present and the breath sound after a while is too quiet to be noticable by the player.

no gun is perfectly still while supported if handled by a human being. your breathing, muscle fatigue and even your focus (thinking of pulling the trigger causes other muscles to relax or can make some persons tense up) will make the weapon move.

only way to get rid of this is to get rid of the human being at the safe end of the rifle.

that said, when prone supported (using bipod) any horizontal sway should be markedly less but still there. after all you still have to line the weapon up by moving the stock to aim.

which means there's a good chance those are not bugs but instead are features you'd expect in a military simulation.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3368/armaexe3qa7.th.jpg

i can get rid of the problem by changing resolutions, however after a little bit the problem comes back

I'm running ArmA on:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

and 1024gb ddr ram

o and aside from problems like the above screenshot ArmA runs very good on my PC at default settings going at 20-30 fps

I get the same problem (similar spec, P4 3.2, 9800 Pro, 2 gig RAM, CZ version)

I'm positive its not overheating, I've got a zalman ZM80D-HP cooler & fan on the card, with good ventillation on the case. The gfx card its self doesnt have a temp sensor, but all other sensors in the case report "normal" gaming temps.

I find the bug happens more often when theres a lot going on - rough sea, city, forest.

Its probably just the card cant cope and might well be overheating, but I wouldnt have thought so with the amount of cooling its got on it...

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3368/armaexe3qa7.th.jpg

I'm running ArmA on:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

and 1024gb ddr ram

I get the same problem (similar spec, P4 3.2, 9800 Pro, 2 gig RAM, CZ version)

I'm positive its not overheating, I've got a zalman ZM80D-HP cooler & fan on the card, with good ventillation on the case. The gfx card its self doesnt have a temp sensor, but all other sensors in the case report "normal" gaming temps.

I find the bug happens more often when theres a lot going on - rough sea, city, forest.

Its probably just the card cant cope and might well be overheating, but I wouldnt have thought so with the amount of cooling its got on it...

The same thing is happening to me, but i have to say the same (but no as badly) is happening to me in few other games. For example in Mafia i can see the same problems. Try download demo of it (from http://mafia-game.com/indexnews.htm) and you'll see if you'll have the same problem. I'm affraid its related to some hardware, because it dissapeared, after i changed motherboard (changing graphic card dindn't helped).