Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma bugs

i dont know if this has been mentioned but there's no weapon model for the laser pointer,my soldier just gets out an invisible gun..works though lol.

i dont know if this has been mentioned but there's no weapon model for the laser pointer,my soldier just gets out an invisible gun..works though lol.

That really must be fixed sad_o.gif .

There seems to be SOFLAM.p3d model in weapons.pbo though... probably just somebody configured something badly smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ballistics: nowhere to be seen, guns & pistols again fire like damn laser beams, RPGs/LAWs go straight in the line to the target... you can check ballistics via badly made tracers.

Maybe you should try the mission at the firing range and fire the pistol. Then come back and tell us about how the pistol is like a laser.

Maybe you should try the mission at the firing range and fire the pistol. Then come back and tell us about how the pistol is like a laser.

There really is one laser beam weapon in game. M249 has virtually no recoil when prone :P

Just a suggestion to add some eaze to the devs.

brit~XR started this thread. Either he updates his first post with all confirmed bugs, or make a brand new sticky thread containing the bug list only. Someone that spends a lot of time in these forums could do it. I'm not the one... icon_rolleyes.gifwhistle.gif

Just a suggestion to add some eaze to the devs.

brit~XR started this thread. Either he updates his first post with all confirmed bugs, or make a brand new sticky thread containing the bug list only. Someone that spends a lot of time in these forums could do it. I'm not the one... icon_rolleyes.gifwhistle.gif

We have a wiki, perfect for community updated information...

Uuh..yeah. I kinda knew that. I recently edited it. I was talking about a bug list.

InqWiper: pistols still need to be tested. But the bullet speed should drop not travel the same speed to the target - thats what i mean by "laser". Check RPG/LAW and you'll see what i mean.

Uuh..yeah. I kinda knew that. I recently edited it. I was talking about a bug list.

Duh, ofcourse. banghead.gif

The wiki is the perfect place for a bug list.

The ATs slow down but bullets dont for some reason and I agree thats stupid.

AFAIK RPG/LAW max.range is around 300meters? Wassup with that in ArmA?

is anyone else getting this kind of bug? for me it's all over the place, sometimes more, sometimes less visible. at times objects also loose their lod detail (if that's the proper name), meaning a car might look like a box on wheels.

arma.jpg

i have to say that this is the only really annoying bug i've found so far.

InqWiper: pistols still need to be tested. But the bullet speed should drop not travel the same speed to the target - thats what i mean by "laser". Check RPG/LAW and you'll see what i mean.

Oh. I always thought that main difference between the ordinary gun and the laser is the absence of ballistic curve on the second :P Your whining about "laser" weapons and missing ballistic thus was just particularly bad description of the problem smile_o.gif

is anyone else getting this kind of bug? for me it's all over the place, sometimes more, sometimes less visible. at times objects also loose their lod detail (if that's the proper name), meaning a car might look like a box on wheels.

http://personal.inet.fi/private/cassu/arma.jpg

i have to say that this is the only really annoying bug i've found so far.

Ah. Yeah. Saw it. Mainly when i was trying to run the game at higher details than my system was able to handle. I suppose that all those hi res textures and hi detailed models just didn't fit into the memory :P

Just an idea, but I think it would be a good improvement to add 3-4 more explosion craters, which change quickly after the explosion. ATM you see the explosion and suddely a black ground. It woould be much better if this black ground expanded in a way. And because it's really fast, you only need 3-4 more textures, which ware shown shortly after another so that the players has the illusion of an expanding explosion crater smile_o.gif

The ATs slow down but bullets dont for some reason and I agree thats stupid.

Bullet's still don't loose speed over distance ?

Makes me wonder how a bullet in ArmA looses it's kinetic energy.

Locke.

Since I only got a Czech auto-response when submitting bugs to arma@idea-games.com (as recommended by Placebo), I guess this would be the best place to post the ones I've come across so far.

Campaign, Mission 1

The car that brings you to your first drop-off point (Corazol, GF58) doesn't always get to stop exactly at its waypoint (it might be blocked by the leading car). In that case you and your team have no way of exiting the car, and you will be stuck in there until it forwards to the next waypoint where it (and you) will go up in flames.

Stand-Alone Mission 2 (Sanitizing Operation)

If you kill the crew of the chopper that's supposed to extract you at the end, you will still finish the mission successfully, and will still unlock another mission.

Stand-Alone Mission 12 (Commander)

The trigger script for the second objective regularly crashes upon killing all OPFORs. Unfortunately I don't remember the error message.

(trigger "Berserk": "_x commandMove getPos player"" forEach Thislist)

Invisible Weapon in Editor

When testing a mission in the editor, occasionally the M4 Aimport is invisible on units that carry it (Rifleman, Squad/Team Leader). Other weapons show up just fine.

Floating Cars in Editor

If I place a car on water, they will float.

arma2006-11-2510-43-25-51.jpg

Swimming

AI doesn't seem to have a preference for bridges (e.g. if it's ordered to cross a river it may chose to swim, even though it will end up losing its weapons, rather than using a bridge right next to it).

AI often refuses to swim across a river when ordered to the other side via a "go to" command, but will do so nicely if asked from the other side to "fall into formation". But even then it often refuses to enter the water from steep banks.

Order Delays

Sometimes there are delays of 15 seconds or more between issuing a command, and it being followed by AI.

Tanks & Barrels

Pallets with barrels will totally block tanks.

P.S. This doesn't seem to happen with editor-placed barrels, but the ones on grid Fg73 (e.g. object 606022) are indestructable, either by tank or by RPG.

arma2006-11-2618-00-35-35.jpg

Stairwell

The stairwell that's used in lots of flat outside areas often gets your's or the AI's characters stuck. Especially if you approach it in a prone position.

arma2006-11-2510-36-55-14.jpg

arma2006-11-2511-12-00-43.jpg

Garbage Containers

After explosions they end up halfway in the ground.

arma2006-11-2511-15-41-71.jpg

Task-Switching Crashes

After Alt-Tabbing out of the game 2 or 3 of times, you will get a CTD.

Hi everybody.

I've got this graphic bug. I think it's due to my graphic card settings, but does anyone knows how to correct this ?

your card is too hot, try to clean your graphic card's fan or you will need to buy a new one.

Hi everybody.

I've got this graphic bug. I think it's due to my graphic card settings, but does anyone knows how to correct this ?

http://ouacaze.free.fr/temp/arma2.png

Do you overclocked your video card? Thats a common error of overclocked Memory in graphics cards.

Floating Cars in Editor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....-51.jpg

If I place a car on water, they will float.

Well.. this bug is persisting from original OFP. smile_o.gif

It works with all empty objects, but not with vehicles with crew. I even don't think this bug is worth to fixing, because you can easily avoid it by simply not placing those objects into the water :P

Well.. this bug is persisting from original OFP. smile_o.gif

It works with all empty objects, but not with vehicles with crew. I even don't think this bug is worth to fixing, because you can easily avoid it by simply not placing those objects into the water :P

It's still a bug...

I'm just reporting what's not working the way one would expect it to do.

And leave the decision of what worth fixing or not to the developers...