Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Arma bugs

Hi someone i know who got arma was telling me about some bugs where he shot a car on the bridge and the bridge blew up but the car was still airbone

Then one of my clan members made this post in our forums saying...

I was testing arma physics, moved 3 m1a1s over a bridge, placed 10 satchels, destroyed the bridge and ....

Is this bug known about and will it be fixed with some kind of patch?

Remember, exaggerating and sarcasm will make you seem like an informed poster with the best in mind for the the community.

Bug reporting is fine.  Bitching is dumb. confused_o.gif

Remember, exaggerating and sarcasm will make you seem like an informed poster with the best in mind for the the community.

Bug reporting is fine.  Bitching is dumb. confused_o.gif

Bitching merely comes with it.

I do get odd LOD bugs every now and then, funny to see a fully detailed soldier carrying what seems to be a stick with a few ends popping of it.

Every Game has Bugs..... very rare you come across one thats perfect ....

The main thing is that the notice of the bugs are published and a patch will fix it...

Thier probably be a few when the Germany copy is released and patches will be on the list for DL's

Lets hope the English copy Q1 07 is in better shape for released which I'm shall it will be biggrin_o.gif

Im sure a moving convoy does not have this problem.

But still bad bug

No doubt a patch is being worked on, it is just weird that BI haven't created a topic for bugs to be posted.

It's pretty obvious that the beta-testers either didn't play around in the editor, or the game was simply rushed.

History repeats itself, I guess smile_o.gif

Not that I have a problem with it, cause I know BIS will fix these issues in patches, and I have no problem feeling like a beta-tester again like I did with OFP 1.00 - 1.20.

To be honest, I don't care about bugs in games (if they don't make the game unplayable). I mean, I even played and enjoyed Boiling Point...

Quote[/b] ]History repeats itself, I guess

I know this will be fixed with patches & ArmA is a complex game, etc, etc...but BIS should learn from the past.

To be honest, I don't care about bugs in games (if they don't make the game unplayable). I mean, I even played and enjoyed Boiling Point...

So true. BP was great.

I remember I finished OFP campaign with OFP v1.0 and didn't encounter a single issue that I could have called bug and not gameplay.

Only later I discovered ppl speaking about mission X or Y not finishing because of bugs.

It would be great to get a kind of 'open-source' ArmA, I mean, the editable version of ArmA engine with the necessary tools that go with it in regards to the community, or, at least, the previous poseidon version which has been used to carry out Operation Flashpoint, but I'm afraid this would simply never happen, heh.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB

thunderbird:

we do the mods and addons,

patches will be done by BIS smile_o.gif

think thats enough!

because with open source...you will have like 10000 version of arma and then...ye you know what I mean wink_o.gif

Evers smile_o.gif

Gee, have you forgot already?? ArmA is STILL in developement.

...Ah so the 40€ charge is for what? The privilege of BETA testing it?

icon_rolleyes.gif

Bugs bugs, who cares it'll be addressed. Hmm, games been out what just over a month?? tounge2.gif I mean u should be thankful there not like that other developer an the way they fix bugs.

wow, the ArmA physics are very...impressive.... biggrin_o.gif

found from SvenPatrick.

From an other player

Quote[/b] ]my bug rapport:

- delayed sounds

- RPG reload after 000.1 sec

- The Ai isnt trying to flee or figth when hiding behind sandwalls ... smiley ....

- The artillery cannon isnt firing into the air, they just try to shoot straigth

- The Ai has a difficult time with to land in the streets ( mainly littlebirds, I wont advice to land with a UH60 ... hehe ... )

- Jets dont stop in the hangar, it rolls a little and get stuck before you can ordre it out on the taxi way via the radio.

- search ligths isnt "searching" the air randomly, it just remains static.

- a serious bug when you crash in an aircraft

From me:

-the loading of textures is slow.

-there is an error in animation of soldiers, when you have a pistol and you are crouched if you go forward the animation is wrong.

-If I'm a commander of a tank and I give the order of attack an enemy tank, the gunner use the MG instead of cannon.

-If I'm a commander of a BMP and I'm in 3rd person, I can't turn with mouse. But If I'm in first person, I can turn.

-Sometimes if I switch from a unit to another unit, the previous unit remains blocked.

-If I fire with burst or auto fire mode when i walk, the soldier stops.

-There is a mouse lag, both movement and buttons.

-I don't see some explosion, for example when a tank fire to another tank.

It's better to write a bug list, instead to insult bis whistle.gif

ArmA will be so much fun!

Even with all those small bugs, which will not destroy gameplay, it is the best game available for us.

---

Don't search the bugs, the bugs will find YOU!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif