Sign in to follow this  
xav

Arma online distribution by SPROCKET

If you look on http://www.armedassault.com/ there is now the SPROCKET logo.

header_kruhy.gif

SPROCKET is owned by IDEA, and it is their way to distribute games online.

There are already 3 games available: UFO: Aftershock, UFO: Aftermath, Shade: The Wrath of Angels

http://www.my-sprocket.com/

yay.gifOnline distribution is soon! welcome.gif

At least some good news or hope for the poor guys in the rest of the world without their ArmA DVD whistle.gif

Glad to hear.

Placebo, any idea if this would be before or after the 505 release or can you at least confirm that a download version will be available at some point in time?

Lets not jump into conclusions before we read something official, they might use this distribution option but i dont think it will happen before 505's release (next year), meanwhile they might still be trying to put Arma on store shelves around the world wink_o.gif .

yeha!

btw, placebo........er....just an small question....wich............er...................kind of................eehhh.............protection will have the game? wink_o.gif

I just hope they will follow the way used by Relic or Stardock to not annoy their customer , concerning this point

Quote[/b] ]We are proud to announce the launch of Sprocket, your online games dispenser!

On Sprocket you can find a selection of fine games which you can buy, download and play without leaving your armchair! Visit your source of games in high gear to download UFO: Aftermath, UFO: Aftershock and Shade: Wrath of Angels now! More titles coming soon.

Source: http://www.idea-games.com/

notworthy.gif

What part did it say ArmA was gunna be released on Sprocket? I think I missed it.

the fact that the armed assault website has the sprocket logo... thats it... its still an assumption at the end of the day, but it does look hopefull, if only after the 505 release, or as we're led to believe.

What part did it say ArmA was gunna be released on Sprocket? I think I missed it.

Well, the link is directly under the screenshots at http://www.armedassault.com/, so why else put it there?

It's just a matter of time.

I went ahead and made it my home page, and taped my creditcard to my monitor smile_o.gif

It's just a matter of time.

whilst i dearly hope I'm wrong, I still think it wont be till after 505. It may also just be there as another site to advertise sprocket on, rather than anything else.

placebo requires poking tounge2.gif

Im guessing Idea Games (Being the primary source of funding for BIS) will want a fast return on the their investment. That includes using all means of distribution at thier disposal. I doubt they will wait for 505 really. Theres no reason for it, 505 will sell the boxed product (which most people prefer).

Take Half Life 2 for example, it was available on Steam in all regiosn months before the retail boxes product (published by Vivendi Universal) was available.

Guys it is official now!

Quote[/b] ]Press Release

IDEA Games is launching online distribution!

Prague, Czech Republic - 21st November 2006

IDEA Games - gathering of independent developers - is proud to announce the launching of the online distribution system Sprocket at www.my-sprocket.com!

“The main reason we developed such a tool was to distribute the games of IDEA Games' members to players around the world, without the limitation of release dates or territories," said Martin Klima, Lead Producer at IDEA Games. “From now on you are able to buy our games no matter where you live!"

The first titles available from launch are the first two games of a sci-fi trilogy - UFO: Aftermath and UFO: Aftershock by ALTAR Games and the fantasy action game Shade: Wrath of Angels by Black Element Software.

“The biggest problem, even for best selling games is shelf space," comments Jiri Rydl, Marketing Manager at IDEA Games. “After a few weeks your game is squeezed out by newer titles on the market, no matter how successful you are."

Other titles from IDEA Games members are coming soon. Be prepared for Alpha Prime, sci-fi FPS by Black Element Software, UFO: Afterlight, third instalment in UFO series, Fish Fillets 2, puzzle game with two fish agents both by ALTAR Games, Ro©k Con Artists, action arcade based on a successful Czech movie and ArmA: Armed Assault, the new title by Bohemia Interactive, creators of bestseller Operation Flashpoint.

Visit www.my-sprocket.com and buy games directly from their developers!

For further information please contact:

Jiri Rydl, Marketing & PR Manager jr@idea-games.com

About IDEA Games

IDEA Games (Independent DEvelopers Association) was founded in November 2005 by three games development studios: ALTAR Games, Black Element Software and Bohemia Interactive. IDEA Games offers to its members a wide range of services including legal, sales, marketing and PR services and thus saves both time and money for its members, allowing them to focus on the areas they know best - game development. For more info please visit www.idea-games.com.

That's from a french videogames website

http://www.nofrag.com/2006/nov/21/23745/

But the site also say that 505 told them that BIS is not allowed to release ARMA online in french... and that only the Czech version will be available online (to begin with)...

thumbs-up.gif

So what happens if you reformat?

You download it again, simple wink_o.gif.

So what happens if you reformat?

You download it again, simple wink_o.gif.

Yes.  Once you have paid for it, they will send you a key-code or something similar.  Then, if your hard-drive gets wiped, you just download it again and use the same key-code that you had before.  Or at least that's how it has worked with all software that I have downloaded before...  wink_o.gif

Man, I'm really spoilt for choice now. Should I get ArmA or Fish Fillets 2? What do you guys think?

biggrin_o.giftounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Its getting more interesting but i still want the english boxed version. This will be a great way to release expantions i think biggrin_o.gif .

Im guessing Idea Games (Being the primary source of funding for BIS) will want a fast return on the their investment. That includes using all means of distribution at thier disposal. I doubt they will wait for 505 really. Theres no reason for it, 505 will sell the boxed product (which most people prefer).

Take Half Life 2 for example, it was available on Steam in all regiosn months before the retail boxes product (published by Vivendi Universal) was available.

Idea games doesnt fund BIS in any way shape or form... The reason to wait for 505 is simple, contractual agreements so not to take over any market share... assuming such an agreement was reached. Apparently this is limited to the french release from early reports... which is good to know being in the UK

Quote[/b] ]Its getting more interesting but i still want the english boxed version. This will be a great way to release expantions i think

assuming a uk download is available before the 505 mainstream release, then I'll download, and then buy the SE edition later.

Very glad to hear, but i would prefer valve's steam anyway...

If I pre-order the box version can I buy the online version too? That way everyone is happy  biggrin_o.gif

can you at least confirm that a download version will be available at some point in time?

Yes.