Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Here's the update:

SLX Mod 1.092 @ FileFront.com 2.15MB

Changes:

Changes from 1.091.

Slowed down AT run and sprint animations in default SLX mod config.

Included example mission for using GL3 without the addon.

Reduced thickness of gun smoke a little.

Updated SLX_GL3 to version 1.052.

Fixed bug with calling backup and disabled set fleeing probability by default. Squads should flee less often and call for backup more.

Changed some vehicle ratings so helicopters will be called in against tanks.

Changes to the suppressive fire script so excessive numbers of enemy position markers aren't created.

Changes to the bounding overwatch script so running AI teams are split off to be given orders. ArmA AI squad leaders shouldn't constantly shout orders for each unit anymore. Also made move order have a range around the objective so AI's don't keep saying "Can't get there!" The attacking suppressive fire object is now the side of the enemy group so the defenders won't suppress their own positions anymore and the attackers should suppress the objective.

Changed scripts using ArmA formating to make them easily compatible with ArmA GL3.

It's an update so it should be extracted it over the existing files from the full 1.09 and/or 1.091 update.

V.P.: Thanks! :]

Thanks for the update smile_o.gif

Wondering who's tracer's are you using in this mod- they are really the best. I'm not really sure why but they just seem like real projectiles advancing rather than a laser beam of color. Hope they make the trip to ArmA as well.

Nice update,

Thanks for the efforts put into carrying out these changes, several of them were necessary and they are greatly appreciated here, however, there are still a few things which have to be taken into consideration if possible

slxbug11qb.jpg

This error message sometimes occurs during urban firefights, it is apparently related to the "AI entering buildings" feature, the only way I found to take out the error message is to delete the following lines from the grouplink3.sqs file 'script':

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; ifplayer is leader in formation vee and inside a building then garrison the building

if(_tmp==player)then{if(!(_group in SLX_Busy)&&((formation _tmp) in ["VEE"]))then{if((_tmp distance (nearestBuilding _tmp))<5&&((vehicle _tmp)==_tmp))then{[_group] exec (SLX_GL3_Path+"SLX_Garrison.sqs")}}} else {if((_tmp distance player)<2)then{if((_tmp countFriendly [player]>0)&&((count units _tmp)<(count units player))&&((skill _tmp)<(skill player))&&(((count units _tmp)+(count units player))<12))then{_tmp removeaction SLX_Join; call compile format["SLX_Join=_tmp addaction [""Join %1"",(SLX_GL3_Path+""SLX_AI_Join.sqs"")]", group _tmp]}}}

It works good but it unfortunately completely erases the concerned feature, if there is another way to figure out the issue without having to take it out then it would be nice!

There is another thing which sounds somehow weird, it's when the AI drags and heals a wounded enemy, a few seconds later the AI kills him after healing him, maybe some lines to check out in the slx_wounds folder.

Otherwise, nice job as usual, it's getting better at every update! oh, and I just noticed you decreased the animations speed, not by increasing their speed values using real numbers but by keeping'em less than 0, thanks for the hint, heh.

Regards,

TB

another update, this keeps getting better and better smile_o.gif

So how do I use the Group link. Do I just put the trigger over my sqaud like the mision I used, Using your greoup link in your exmple folder?

Hi Solus,

About these screenshots, the first time I saw them I thought it was a bit off, now I wonder how this looks in motion and how long these dust particles stay on screen, because now it looks a bit to much and to big for a few bullets on impact.

Also I was wondering if you are able to have the dust a bit more brownish or at least less white, I see no reason why there could be white particles from such an impact. I hope you understand what I mean by this, and I guess it's not easy to have the correct dust colour for every surface and such but I guess there should be a more generic colour then white for most area's.

Good Luck with the project and I hope to see your next progress shots and such because you make amazing stuff smile_o.gif

@Solus

Hi. I would be change (only for personal use and if I've your permission) the sky and rain in SLX (GREAT):

may u tell me the exact name of those file in new data folder?

I think they're something like Jasno./mesich./mrwak./obloha./desta..but I'm not sure and I don't know the exact translation of these names and their corrispective in english.

Thanks a lot

Hey Solus,

I'm encountering an error using SLX and WGL 5.12 with the rucksacks. If I weapon or try to use a rucksack, I get a CTD. Is there a workaround or fix for this?

Thanks

froggyluv: You're welcome. :] The GL3 tracers were made to be just like bn880's tracers but without the trail part. I would have added the trail like bn880's but I haven't made the code to set the angle yet. There's some problems with them in ArmA so I'm going to have to fix or remove them for the first release.

thunderbird84: Thanks, that zero devisor error has been bugging me for a long time and I haven't been able to fix it yet, maybe I'll get it fixed for the ArmA release. I think it happens when the squad that was trying to go into the building gets taken out and it runs out of people to select but none of my checks seem to detect it and abort before it gets there. I don't have time to fix the bugs in SLX Wounds at the moment but maybe after the ArmA release I'll get the surrendering working correctly. I think most of the animations have negative speed values, they seem to work and it's easier to change them relative to each other so I just use the same format usually. :]

william1, R0adki11: Thanks!

Mike31: Yep, just put the triggers over the squads like in your mission, nothing needed to be changed there. All you should need then is the init.sqs and GL3 folder from the example missions and it should work.

paragraphic l: Thanks for noticing that. :] I've changed the dust color to be a little brown-grey and a little more transparent like the GL3 hit effects dust. The dust from hitting the ground is thicker than the dust from hitting buildings and things and those shots were taken while firing many shots at the ground. There are two dust effects for each hit, a short thick amount of dust and another thinner longer lasting one that lingers for a while.

HGuderian: You can change anything you want, there are copies of the sky files in the NewData\sky folder so you can change those then put the changed files in the NewData folder and run the installer to use them. I think the rain textures are called "desta" but SLX mod doesn't replace them. You can extract the rain textures from the data.pbo and put them in the NewData folder and run the installer to use modified ones. "jasno" = clear sky, "oblacno" = partly cloudy sky, "obloha" = possibly just means sky and seems to be slightly overcast but I don't think it's used so you shoudln't have to worry about it, "zatazeno" = overcast.

BigPoppa898: Looks like I had moved the exclude array check that needs to be before the shot effect so the WGL rucksacks won't crash. Thanks for spotting that! :] Here's a fix for the WGL rucksack crash:

SLX_GL3 1.053 1.11 MB @ FileFront

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird84: Thanks, that zero devisor error has been bugging me for a long time and I haven't been able to fix it yet, maybe I'll get it fixed for the ArmA release. I think it happens when the squad that was trying to go into the building gets taken out and it runs out of people to select but none of my checks seem to detect it and abort before it gets there.

Since there is no way to figure out the issue without having to redefine the concerned part of the script, taking out the feature seems the more appropriate solution right now. ;-) - Thanks once again,

regards,

TB

Would'nt you know right after I mentioned the great tracer I screwed them up crazy_o.gif

I was messing around with SLX configs due to a new problem with FPS/CTD ( probably on my end as I just rebuilt PC) and I somewhere lost the very tracer effect that I love. What I mean are the yellow-type tracers that seem to have an 'orb' effect to them and really look like individual bullets as oppossed to the red/green tracers that look more like stuttered laser beams. Any idea how to get that effect back?

I was just watching the epic movie 'Platoon' and those yellow tracers look extremely similar.

I have this problem playing the mod where the controls do not respond immediately. I have to wait like three seconds for the controls to respond by pressing a second time.

EDIT: Never mind.

hi solus,

is it possible that SLX starts CoC's UA or maybe DSF Nuke launcher on its own when a squad calls for support???

thx,

Schulz

Hi ummm sorry havent had the time to look at the 48 pages to see if this has already been suggested......but i love the job u did on the stamina of the troops very realistic.

My suggestion is how about u include the option of picking up ur cantine or hydro pack and having a sip after action, and it will help u recover ur stamina faster. U can recycle the animation of grabbing the binoculars out tho u have to reposition it lower to his mouth instead of his eyes >< but yeah.....just a suggestion. Kinda cool to see a group of soldiers after a firefight to grab their bottles out and take a breather for awhile aye....

hope u like

Nice idea, but I think they will be more concerned about defending against an eventual counterattack, digging in and whatnot. crazy_o.gif

Kind of sad to see a bunch of guys getting mowed down whilst drinking.

Also, slx has just died on me  biggrin_o.gif  not a clue why, just wont start, no error or anything.

Well welcome to reality really...cant expect everyone to play nice aye haha.

Hi ummm sorry havent had the time to look at the 48 pages to see if this has already been suggested......but i love the job u did on the stamina of the troops very realistic.

My suggestion is how about u include the option of picking up ur cantine or hydro pack and having a sip after action, and it will help u recover ur stamina faster. U can recycle the animation of grabbing the binoculars out tho u have to reposition it lower to his mouth instead of his eyes >< but yeah.....just a suggestion. Kinda cool to see a group of soldiers after a firefight to grab their bottles out and take a breather for awhile aye....

hope u like

Well I belived I have seen a Script about Hunger, If you let your men Starve they ofcourse die. It would be cool to have that iplemented in. It would make a lot of Use for Supplies. Health truck can be called via radio and then a group can go over and get there heath all the way back up.

Teehee sounds a shy way from bladder control, outgoing, and hygeine and presto Sims meets Operation Flashpoint lol

Teehee sounds a shy way from bladder control, outgoing, and hygeine and presto Sims meets Operation Flashpoint lol

I'm running ffur 2007 with slx and all the patches.

When I start op fp , i get this error :

script \SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs not found

How do I fix this?

I'm running ffur 2007 with slx and all the patches.

When I start op fp , i get this error :

script \SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs not found

How do I fix this?

Make sure you have the SLX_GL3.pbo in your addons folder for the mod(s) you are running (Or if you have FFUR and SLX in different folders that your OFP shortcut has both mod folders in it). I got that error when adding SLX Grouplink to my DMA Army/ECP config. I kept thinking I had edited my config wrong so kept messing with it but I had done it correctly, I just forgot to copy the needed pbo's to the addon folder. So check that you have all the SLX pbos you need in the addon folder first. If thats not it, I have no clue.

im getting an error with all units about a missing beretta or somthing when i place a unit in the editor or try to start missions. Its quite major i reckon as it makes using the editor with slx on a beast.

Also somtimes when using addons with slx it causes crashes.

On this mission my mate shot my m1a2 and in the vehicle chat it said main gun failure yet i was still able to fire and when i did crashed to desktop.

The vehicles that leave the engine on seem to add a ai to the squad even if its a one man squad and im giving "auto orders" to them!

I left a uaz once and then shot it to pieces with a gun and the empty uaz was telling me to siece fire!

That also caused a crash

Ya shouldnt work on arma since most people dont have it , continue making this better biggrin_o.gif