Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

URRRRGGGHHH!!!  I cant get this wondeful mod to work, i put everything where its supposed to be, and when i try to start up ofp

it doesn't start it and it says processor failed on file config.cpp error 1. i read the readme like 5 times also. can someone please help?

Hmmm...

Can you give a quick run-thru of your setup, shortcut, and are you sure you installed the correct bat. file for your system?

Can someone tell me everything to do step by step? Please explain good!

OK I just D/L'ed +re-installed SLX and its pretty basic.

1.Make sure @SLX folder is in OFP Main Directory.

2.Execute the BAT. file installer located in your SLX folder. Make sure your using the correct one for your version of Windows. If your not sure about HWTL check your OFP Preferences to determine if your using it or not. Installing the wrong one will give you problems.

3. Add " -mod=@slx" in your OFP shortcut.

If none of this works, make sure your running a clean version of OFP 1.96 without anything else until you get it fixed.

Do i put the -mod=@slx in my ofp shortcut key? and do i put the addons, dta and bin stuff in first or after i run the install.bat

You know what i just tried to do it for the 100th time and it didnt work again and now my my ofp wont start up so this mod gets me pissed off.

I just tried for 100th time and it didnt work so screw this because it wont let me start up ofp, and im pissed off. now it wont even let me delete the data temp!!!!! fuck it.

You don't need to touch the Addons,DTA,BIN etc...

The target line should look like this in OFP (right click),Properties/Shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@slx

The spacing IS very important.

hey Guy's,

someone plz can explain me, what exactly the settings in SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf do?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">/*****

Group Link 3 Tactical Settings

*****/

// Amount of info a group needs about an enemy unit to become alerted to them. 4 is maximum known value. Default is 0.25.

//SLX_Alert = 0.25;

SLX_Alert = 0.10;

// Amount of info a group needs about an enemy unit to lay down suppressive fire and reveal the enemy position to friendlies.

SLX_Reveal = 3.5;

/*****

Enemy strength is 0.5 when equally matched.

Enemy strength is at 1 when enemies are twice as strong as allies.

Enemy strength is at 0.25 when enemies are half as strong as allies.

Groups in stealth mode do not perform maneuvers.

*****/

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should attack at.

//SLX_AttackRatio = 0.33;

SLX_AttackRatio = 0.5;

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should withdraw at.

//SLX_RetreatRatio = 1.3;

SLX_RetreatRatio = 2.5;

// Modifier of enemy strength to chance of fleeing. Skill of group leader decreases fleeing probability. Fleeing groups surrender to enemies when surrounded. 1 is 100% chance of fleeing/surrendering when enemies are twice as strong. 0.5 is 50% chance of fleeing when enemies are twice as strong and 75% chance of fleeing when enemies are three times as strong. Comment out to disable setting fleeing probability.

//SLX_Fleeing = 0.7;

The settings with "//" are the original one's and the othere i used so far but like i told i don't really understand them.

So can someone plz tell me what should i set to get Strong Enemy's calling Reinforcement very fast and very often and do not Retreat that fast.

inlove.gif

Hi Solas, and SLX lovers,

Took a break for a bit, knowing this would need some time to iron out.

Just installed SLX1.093 over Res 1.96 and went for a spin - lookin pretty special  yay.gif Can't wait for it to smooth out.

I'm getting game crashes, although I did see a body getting dragged which is absolutely awesome to see in the game - Also saw enemy AI up in the second floor windows fighting back - Wow!!!

It's crashed all 3 times 10-20 minutes in, and seemed to crash not long after getting a script error up top, and i wasn't doing anything, just standing there, so must have been related to what the in game AI were doing and not the player. I'll try to get a pic of the error next time and post the message.

Also, the upper left hand info box, where ammo, speed and Altitude are displayed, doesn't display properly. Most of the info seems "Hard Left", forced out of the window, below and left which is off the screen. I think i recall it always has been with SLX.

As it stands, if nothing else is ever added, and what you have is stablized, this would be the mother of all mods - lol. I sure hope for it.

Does anyone actually have it running stable, and what was done to get it stable?

Do you know what's wrong Solace, and do you expect a fixed or stable version in the near future?

did you mix SLX with any other mod or so??

because "my" SLX is working proper and i don't have any crashes or something else.

i even putted the new Chernobyl Mod together(not really only the addons  tounge2.gif )

but i'm not an expert so someone with more knowledge should help you .

biggrin_o.gif

thanks

Just Resistance patched to 1.96,

Added SLX_Mod_1.09 @slx folder,

Added SLX_Mod_Update_1.093 @slx folder,

Ran Install_win2k_XP.bat and selected "All",

Added " -nosplash -mod=@slx" (without quotes) to target: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

Added MFCTI1.16.pbo to AddOns folder,

Added MFCTI 1.16A Coop Malden.Abel.pbo to MPMissions folder, and that's it.

MFCTI works great without SLX; add SLX and crashed a dozen times (every time), 10-20 minutes in.

I,ve noticed others mentioning this crashing issue including TBird from FFUR; what I'd like to know is, are there many people out there who play SLX extensively without crash issues?

What about "online"?

This MFCTI has to be played online - would that be an issue with SLX?

Are you getting CTDs without CTI? I've been playing SLX since day 1 and it's definetly more stable when run alone. I'm no expert on CTI's but I would bet SLX's hardcore AI changes might be magnified with so many units at the same time. FFUR team has done a great job of creating the more stable and eye-pleasing FFSX while still keeping the spirit of SLX. Thats why I keep both on me HD.

Try FFSX on your CTI biggrin_o.gif

@froggyluv

sorry it might not be the right topic, but you've mentioned it, and I still don't know what CTD and CTI is and what it does biggrin_o.gif

thx

CTD: Crash to desktop

CTI: Conquer the Island (IE. MFCTI)

...the more stable and eye-pleasing FFSX while still keeping the spirit of SLX. Thats why I keep both on me HD.

Try FFSX on your CTI biggrin_o.gif

Ya, I too discovered SLX early and was having issues back then as well, but I don't recall them being as bad as they seem now. I agree tho, maybe MFCTI and SLX is just too much.

FFSX, is that different than FFUR/SLX 2007?

I tried the latter and didn't like it. Not to discredit the work of those who worked hard at it and accomplished so much -

but I tend to play a mixed role of sniper 4x20 round mags and 3xAT when i play, and they took away my M-21 and replaced it with an M-24 that holds 7 rounds and is covered in grass (doesn't look right with a plain soldier) and clogged up the view down the scope. Little too cartoonish looking for me as well.

Used to love Y2K3's similar add ons, but the instabillity of Y2K3 and FFUR got me back to basics with a few minor fixes which i've just grown to prefer. One has become the look of stabillity, the other, the look of a bad joke.

I remember really wanting those updated vehicles and weapons and uniforms etc, so bad that i tried installing and monkeying day after day for a few years. Now when I see them, I just see years of trying and failing. And I really do like the more simple installs now. And not from the required effort of installing - that's not a problem, just the stabillity.

I just formatted/re-installed windows last night and plan to install OFP-SLX today and give it another shot. Might look into turning off the wounds scripting T-Bird mentioned if I can find it.

I still would like to hear from those who play SLX extensively and with a reasonable amount of stabillity. I'm not convinced it's stable and I'm not convinced it's not my own error somewhere niether; i need confirmation. Oh, and not to knock it, I think it's fucking amazing (to put it as gently as possible, it's just that exciting!wink_o.gif, and can't wait to see it stable. But it's very discouraging to put in the kind of work and prep and sweat and angst to get to the point of 'pounce' on an objective, only to have your game crash just as you smell victory, snatched from your mouth as if by a ravenous lion - with a nasty sense of humour.

Quote[/b] ]Used to love Y2K3's similar add ons, but the instabillity of Y2K3 and FFUR got me back to basics with a few minor fixes which i've just grown to prefer. One has become the look of stabillity, the other, the look of a bad joke.

I must admit that we have been facing a lot of bugs and CTDs with the first FFUR packs, but with a lot of perseverance, determination and dedication, the last FFUR packs (FFUR 2006 -> FFUR 2007/FFUR/SLX (FFSX) 2007) showed to be very stable due to the amount of changes and enhancements provided to the scripting architecture and to the configurations, the Beta testers exerted a huge amount of effort in making it possible, as well.

Quote[/b] ]I tend to play a mixed role of sniper 4x20 round mags and 3xAT when i play, and they took away my M-21 and replaced it with an M-24 that holds 7 rounds and is covered in grass (doesn't look right with a plain soldier) and clogged up the view down the scope. Little too cartoonish looking for me as well.

The current 1.01 patch actually replaces the M24 by the SR25, just for the reasons you mentioned.

Actually, the only way to make the SLX MOD fully enjoyable without any CTDs is to disable a couple of scripts.

As you could see below, those are the most stable ones we kept using for the FFSX 2007 pack. (from SLX_Init_Unit)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_a=_this select 0;

SLX_Units = SLX_Units + [_a];

if({MAN} counttype [_a]==0)then{if(count (crew _a) > 0)then{{[_x] exec (SLX_GL3_path+{SLX_Init_GL3.sqs})} ForEach (crew _a)};};

if(SLX_ShotFX>0)then{_a addEventHandler ["Fired",{if(({_x in SLX_Exclude}count [_this select 1,_this select 2,_this select 4])<1)then{_shot = (nearestObject [_this select 0, _this select 4]); [_shot,getpos _shot,getdir _shot,velocity _shot,speed _shot,typeOf _shot,_this] exec (SLX_GL3_path+"SLX_ShotFX.sqs"); if((typeOf _shot) in SLX_LaunchGrenades)then{deletevehicle _shot};};}]};

if(format[{%1},SLX_Acc]!=SLX_Null)then{if(({Man} countType [_a]==1)&&(getdammage _a==0))then{_a setdammage SLX_Acc; _a setskill (skill _a)+random 0.4};};

if(format[{%1},SLX_NoDmg]==SLX_Null)then{[_a] exec (SLX_GL3_path+{SLX_Dmg_Init.sqs});};

if(format[{%1},SLX_NoSuppress]==SLX_Null)then{if((count (magazines _a))>0)then{_a AddEventHandler [{Fired},{SLX_WhoFired=_this select 0;SLX_Suppress=True;publicVariable "SLX_WhoFired";publicVariable "SLX_Suppress"}]};};

if(format[{%1},SLX_NoVehLights]==SLX_Null)then{if({Man} counttype [_a]==0)then{_a addEventHandler [{GetOut},{if((alive (_this select 0))&&(((speed (_this select 0)) > 4) || ((speed (_this select 0)) < -4))&&((_this select 1)=={driver})&&({SLX_Dummy} countType [(_this select 2)]==0))then{_this exec (SLX_GL3_path+{SLX_Vehicle_Engine.sqs})};}];};};

if(SLX_DEBUG>3)then{player globalchat format[{SQF Unit init %1},_a];};

You would notice that a lot of scripts have been disabled (excluding the Wound system), that has been done in the aim to not only make the MOD stable, but to considerably increase the FPS level as well.

regards,

TB

@Hardcore

Well I just re-booted good ol' SLX and played for about 3 hours without any CTD's. Just the usual kick-ass unpredictable and sometimes insane gameplay. I really haven't noticed any CTD problems for a while with base SLX though everyone's experience seems to vary greatly with this mod.

I'm hoping that it's possible for the next update that the buildings with the "can't see AI through the windows" problem can be fixed. If it means removing the "window" effects, then so be it.

I feel that the buildings should stay, as they're well suited for using as a defensive structure, but again, it's annoying beyond belief to have their enticing architecture sitting there, and I don't dare enter them because I'm afraid of being "blindsided" by an invisible AI that's standing right on the other side of the glass. sad_o.gif

In fact, if someone could direct me on how I can remove the windows myself, I'll do it.

Hopefully it's simple.

biggrin_o.gif

Yours,

Kyle

Mar. 28, 2007

smile_o.gif

Hi T-Bird,

I just DL'd and installed FFUR/SLX 2007 and the addon pack from here off the Mods and Addons forum a few days ago, and there was grass on an M24. It crashed. Maybe it's MFCTI, I just did a complete format/windows install, new ofp, slx, mfcti and still crashes. No problem without slx. The game seems totally smooth tho (with or without slx), not like it bogs down or looks over worked at any point, just crashes without apparent warning or reason.

These scripts you mention, what exactly does it turn off or remove from SLX? Would bodies still be dragged, people healing people, gathering weapons, all those cool goodies going on?

Hey Froggyluv, must be nice to be in love and have a crash free session of hot SLX. inlove.gif

Hey Kyle_k_sky, just thought that maybe you need to treat those windows like  they are obscured with daylight reflection that an enemy can and will use in RL. stay away from those types, or if you can, crawl under them. Justa thought. Then again, I guess the reflection be gone soon as he started firing through it.

Quote[/b] ]These scripts you mention, what exactly does it turn off or remove from SLX? Would bodies still be dragged, people healing people, gathering weapons, all those cool goodies going on?

Ew.. I'm afraid some of the goodies you would like to keep aren't valid any more with the scripts selection I posted above.

Still they feature [Damage/Explosion Fx, Dirt, dust and water Fx, impact effects, Suppressive fire, AI calling for reinforcement, Tracers and some of Sun Tzun Art of war tactics].

regards,

TB

Ok T-Bird, thx for that, I'll have to mess with this some more before I give up on it.

Some of those effects you mentioned sound more apt to make it crash than the others might; is it possible you have shut off operational type features in favour of visual type features, where i might do the opposite?

I'd like your thoughts.

Also, has Solus been around to answer or has he slipped off again?