Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

twisted: It uses the names that the units have in the group menu on the map screen. To disable it you could use SLX Wounds from a mission folder and modify the SLX_Wounds.sqs to remove the lines "_dropweapon addaction format[etc..." and the actions with names will not be applied to dropped weapons anymore. Please read the readmes to learn more about using SLX Wounds from a mission folder, and see the example missions folder in the 1.07 update for an example.

seminara: Ah, so you want to use the SLX FFUR config instead of the default FFUR config ? First backup your original FFUR config then copy the SLX FFUR full effects config in @SLX\Mod Configs\FFUR2006\bin\Full effects SLX config\config.bin to the FFUR2006\bin\ folder. Then run OFP with -mod=@SLX;FFUR2006. Make sure you're using the config from the "Full effects SLX config" and not the "Default All effects config" folder.

thanks. smile_o.gif

Yeah I made the same mistake as you Seminara. All you have to do is inverse the mod loading order

mod=@SLX;ffur2006

instead of

mod=ffur2006;@SLX

tarrega: Those are some very strange bugs. I really have no idea what could be causing them though, sorry. :[ Maybe try installing the stuff manually if you want to. More information on your computer configuration might help.

Hi Solus,

I've solved all the problems in the end.

Before I was completely frustrated with the errors,I remembered in a sudden that I had replaced data and data3d in Res\Dta\Hwtl with ECL Eye_Candy MOD.Well,maybe that was...So I found out the original Res\Dta\Hwtl and put it back in Res filefolder, and then ran the .bat in @SLX again.Waoo!Everything went well and no error occurred!It's really an awesome MOD!

Im really shamed that I brought troubles to myself biggrin_o.gif

Has the issue with the missing sounds for hand grenades in combination with WGL already been solved?

(Sorry, I did not find a means to search this thread only huh.gif )

Besides, that's a wonderful mod. If ArmA proves to much for my hardware I will kill the time with this one! biggrin_o.gif

regards

Oldy

you know some where in the about three mounth ago i saw here on this furom a "modders pack" that had a bunch of usefull scripts for modders

and one of them gave the option of loading cargo supplay boxes with weapons on cars and heli's so a unit can resupply itslf in MPcombat

i think such a script could fit sweet on yours

I'll start by saying that this mod seems to be a massive project and Solus is doing a great job reading and commenting on all replies in this thread.

I must say though, that there are several additions that doesn't do it for me. It's only a matter of taste though.

I do on the other hand really like the SLX wounds effects. I'm trying to get them to work alone but I have no luck.

I've put the SLX_wounds.pbo file in my addonfolder and I've added the SLX settings to my init.sqs for the mission.

It seems to work, in that soldiers get wounded and lie on the ground screaming. The thing is that noone tries to help them, the action is there and I can do it myself, but the AI doesn't seem to care at all.

Has anyone else tried to get the SLX wounds effects to work without the rest of SLX?

I reinstalled SLX from scratch, with the latest release, and put the SLX config for Tonalredux into my @Tonalredux bin folder, and now when I walk while crouched, my body gets half buried in the ground and I am missing the AK-74 sights.

Also now when I run FFUR with SLX, I am missing Everon and Malden, after this fresh install.

I'm confused, because before reinstalling, everything worked fine, excpet I was getting the crateronvehicle error message, which is why I reinstalled SLX.

I'm not sure what you did wrong in the reinstall, but if you use the nonHWT&L version you should fix the crate-on-vehicle error.

Not seeing many of SLX's effects with VTE 3 such as bullet clouds, dragging, H/H combat. I've placed the modded config and changed target to: @SLX; x_vte

I'm not sure what you did wrong in the reinstall, but if you use the nonHWT&L version you should fix the crate-on-vehicle error.

I used the HWT&L install

Hey all!

I don't know if this question's been addressed earlier, but my hard drive crashed last Wednesday, and I'm too pressed for time to comb through the 14+ pages that've been posted since my absence...

I've noticed that while I am able to get SLX to work, that there aren't any leaning animations for the player's avatar. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't this mod utilize the brilliant NextGen animations mod which does have leaning?

And I am aware that in order to lean, one has to hold down the "Left" or "Right" key while also holding down the "Sprint" key. This hasn't worked for me in any of my mod pairings for SLX (in combination with WGL, FFUR or ECP mods).

If this mod does not utilize the leaning animations, can someone be so kind as to assist me in figuring out how to incorporate them into SLX? With the AI being as cunning as they are now (they're downright EVIL I tell you!wink_o.gif, I need every advantage I can get...

Looking forward to your replies.

As always,

Yours!

Kyle

Nov. 27, 2006

biggrin_o.gif

I used the HWT&L install

Exactly my point. If you use the non-HWT&l.bat version, you should fix the crater error.

when playing sfx with wgl 5.1 I have an issue with

the east weapons textures, the MG tracers and other

things, Im I doing something wrong?

oldy41: Thanks! I'm still looking into those missing hand grenade sounds so I can fix them for the next update.

snoofkin911: GL3 already has a script like that, it might be in the default SLX config in the 1.07 update and it will be in the next update. Loading ammo crates into vehicles works the same way as transporting wounded/dead people. I was playing the resistance campaign and wanted to move the ammo box with the satchel charges and mines to the road on one of the missions so I just modified the script from SLX wounds and put it on the boxes.

Duggedank: Thanks! I'm not sure why the AI's aren't helping them, it should work on it's own. It could be that they're just taking a long time to get there, and sometimes they aren't able to get there at all. The NearestAlly.sqs script is what controles the AI helpers. The script uses GL3 to have enemy squads come help, if GL3 is not being used then enemy squads won't help the wounded. If a squad is in stealth or combat mode then they will take much longer to come help. Try putting the script on a squad in the editor with no changes to their default combat mode or behaviour and try wounding one of them to see if it works in normal conditions.

Shashman: It sounds like you might be missing all of the content in the first release. Try installing the first release, then put the update content over it. The updates are not stand alone. Sorry if that wasn't clear before. :/

froggyluv: The 1.07 vte config only has the bullet sounds. The next update has all effects.

Kyle_K_ski: Sorry to hear about your hard drive, it's terrible having that happen. :[ The default SLX config should have the leaning animations. It sounds like you've got the same thing happening as Shashman, please make sure that you have installed the first release then put the update content over it, the updates are not stand alone. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear in the readme, I'll try making that more understandable. :/

rheydrich: I'm not sure if that's related to the SLX config, sorry. The SLX config is for WGL 5.12 so please try updating WGL to see if that fixes the problems.

"The 1.07 vte config only has the bullet sounds. The next update has all effects."

Thats great news bro!

No worries as I've got my hands full with SLX+ just about everything else

biggrin_o.gif

Messed up big time here:

Okay run through my steps

1. Download 1.07 (37 Mb)

2. unpack rar to temp folder

3. copy paste @SLX folder into Opflash directory

4. unpack 1.07 in temp folder

5. copy and past @SLX folder into opflash directory (yes to all changes.

6. Run no hw T&L bat (HWTL doesn't enable for me in game)

7. Make copies of FFur2.5 config bin and config cpp

8.open mod config folder in @SLX and copy bin and ccp files from FFur bin\full SLX effect config folder

9. Paste new config cpp and config bin files in original FFur\bin folder

10. set target at "E:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=ffur2006; @SLX

Start from shortcut with the following results:

Opening splash screen is original opflash not FFur screen but has FFur theme music

Get "Error loading ffur_effect\brass\556mm.p3d (magic)" message at screen.

Run single mission "Bomberman" and get windows message "Opflash has encountered and error..." click don't send and game CTD's

What have I done wrong???

Any ideas?

Solus,

Yeah, my hard drive crashing was horrible, and ruined my entire Thanksgiving. All of our family photos were on there, and had yet to be backed up! I was very fortunate to be able to retrieve most of my documents by slaving it to the new hard drive. Still, lesson learned: it is VERY wise to invest in an external hard drive!

But back on topic... My inability to use the leaning/rolling animations was due to assigning the wrong function to the Left Shift key. I originally had it assigned to Move Fast, when it needed to be set to Turbo. It works perfectly now!

I'd like to be an advocate for carefully considering the Ninja addon's abilities to special operations units for the next release. What I find striking about this mod is how it's advanced some pretty convincing realism; that said, it would be mighty strange to witness a special operative suddenly leaping onto the side of a building and climbing it like Spider-Man! If I had my way, SF might be able to "dive into the dirt" a little more quickly and/or a get up slightly more quickly from the ground and/or are better able to manage stamina effects, but anything more than that would seem too extreme to be believable.

And again, I find your mod's compatibility with other mods to be a truly striking, brave and (for you) time consuming feature. Thank you for all of your hard work and considerate feedback. The AI is truly amazing, as is every little detail that you're putting into this thing.

Good night!

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 29, 2006

biggrin_o.gif

What have I done wrong???

tobruk, what you are decribing there sounds very complicated.

do this:

1. get the FULL SLX pack (1.0, about 35mb)

2. get the 1.07 UPDATE

3. unpack the FULL SLX pack into OPFP directory

4. unpack UPTDATE into OPFP directory overwriting any files

5. run what installer *.bat you want inside SLX directory

6. use one of the config.bin files in "...\@slx\mod configs\ffur2006" to replace the config.bin in "...\ffur2006\bin\". choose either the FULL EFFECTS (slow) or the LIGHT EFFECTS config.bin. (maybe make a backup first)

7. run it with -mod=@SLX;FFUR2006, NOT the other way around

7. run it with -mod=@SLX;FFUR2006, NOT the other way around

Hi Versus,

I've followed these instructions to the letter, but I'm also getting the same error when trying to run a Resistance SP game:

"Error loading ffur_effect\brass\556mm.p3d (magic)"

The game freezes at the title screen just before beginning game play.

Can't think of what else to try. Note: I'm moving config.cpp into the bin folder along with config.bin - I'm guessing that's expected?

I'm using FFUR2006 with the shortcut order as suggested (thanks to the others who suggested that earlier).

I downloaded this pretty much the day it was first posted, and have had to wait until this week to fully have a go with it. I was playing the clean sweep mission as a test, having loaded ofp with SLX and my normal mod folder which doesn't have any MODs like WGL or ECP or anything and the addons weren't in use for the mission obviously.

My problem was this, that I seemed to get a large, vertical either shell hole texture, or maybe a fire texture attaching to enemy AI that I was shooting at. This texture tracked with the AI movement. It didn't appear on every AI I saw, only those I shot. Is this a bug which I need to redownload to fix, or has anyone else experienced this glitch?

Otherwise, I love the smoke, the grass everything.

@ Charliereddog:

It sounds like your not using HWTL with Flashpoint (it's a graphic setting if you didn't know).

When not using HWTL one should install SLX with the "NO_HWTL_Install_win2k_XP.bat" instead of the normal one (it's included in the updates).

If you've already done this then I hope someone else can help you out...

@ Solus:

I've tested it by shooting the kneecaps of some poor russian standing around with his friends and it's not working, with 4xspeed, and 5 minute wait I'd say it's pretty clear they don't help each other smile_o.gif (he was screaming quite a lot though, poor fella).

But then I added GL3 as well, and what do you know, suddenly they do care about each other.

It seems they need GL3 to help their friends as well, and not only to heal enemies.

I'm trying to search through the scripts, but as I said earlier, it's quite massive and when I'm not familiar with the scripts it's difficult to pinpoint what's causing it.

I'm happy I got it to work now though, and the GL3 effects aren't bad at all, I just gotta switch off some functions that I don't want.

You've done a great job with the customization of the scripts, it's really nice to know that you can switch off something if it interferes with anything else.

And I know you've got a lot on your hands but if you have the time I suggest looking through the SLX wounds scripts to make sure it works on it's own.

Either that or just update the readmes to reflect that you will need GL3 as well.

Just in case someone else gets the funny idea to use only parts of your wonderful addon biggrin_o.gif

Anyhow. Keep up the great work!

EDIT:

After some additional testing (although I _really_ should be doing something else entirely) I found out that it's enough to run GL3 on a unit anywhere in the mission to get everyone else using SLX wounds to help each other.

I can't figure out how this is possible though. It's as if SLX wounds need to be told that the GL3 scripts actually are there somewhere...

It's either this or I'm in some way running GL3 on everyone even though I only tell it to run on a single civilian.

Finally got it running right by switching the mod order however i still get total random CTDs... last time i was thinking it happens when a AI is shot sometimes but yesterday i dragged a Ai and then picked up his weapon and bang... CTD again... huh.gif

Some missions work like a charm and next time i play them it constantly crashes... sometimes after 2-3 mins of playing.

Also as i didnt found the time to read the whole thread... how do i make my units working with SLX?

If i use the latest RHS units i can for example drag bodiesa nd that but when theyre shot they dont lay down and cry for help and stuff.

I tried soem other units that also arent OFP standard ( Some NAM units ) and on them it already worked... any ideas?

Would like to include that in our last lil OFP present wink_o.gif

Duggedank,

Cheers. I'll have to download the newer version. I didn't understand all the HWTL stuff, so i skipped over it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Will come back and post if that fixes my problems.

Just another question though, presumably any changes made via an installer won't affect my normal ofp install, as I have several different mod folders which I use for different occasions?

Downloading the newest version is highly recommended anyway, so just keep downloading whenever it's updated smile_o.gif

The SLX installers does not change anything in your original OFP. No need to worry about that.

Hope it works.