Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

I have the same problem tarrega has. I can't stand it we need help!

And i need to find oxygen lite download. if anyone has a link could you post it to me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: And yes I have lost my group's voices too. This happened after i was downloaded the newest upgrade.

And Welcome to the forums captain_carecas welcome.gif  welcome.gif

PS.probably wrong spelling

PS2.I have a topic for this oxygen thing, but i don't seem to get answer sad_o.gif

AceTalker out once more.

Tried it out for now for couple of hours and this stuff is truely superb. smile_o.gif Its amazing what ol OFP still can do.

To AceTalker and Tarrega : I had the same problem , pretty frustrating and how to fix it? thats easy..

Go to the folder where u installed the SLX probably \operation flashpoint\@SLX.

There should be icon called install_win_xp or something like that now press that 2 times and the installer will activate.

PS. If u have ME or 98 there should be a icon called Install_win_ME98 or something like that.

I hope this helps ya guys. thumbs-up.gif

@Solus

Think my post got knocked but just wanted to thank you for the Tonal Config. SLX+ Tonal is a game I'd pay for with those sprawling urban landscapes and African voices plus indoor battles due to GL3. I hope you don't alter the weapon sway too much as I had great extended firefights.

i had the problem but i kno how to fix it u guys forgot to go into the SLX folder and install the bat files. Once u installed them put em in the DTA folder. I did it and i dont get those errrors. So try that guys

Umm... .bat files? I re-installed the mod from the @SLX folder by using the installer which come with the upgrade 1[1].07 and I could'nt find the .bat files? where are they? Or did I used the wrong installer? If so, how can I install .bat files?

AceTalker out with the questions once again.

PS. and a little smiley fun!                Jeez I suck at shooting!

/  

pistols.gif  nener.gif

Umm... .bat files? I re-installed the mod from the @SLX folder by using the installer which come with the upgrade 1[1].07 and I could'nt find the .bat files? where are they? Or did I used the wrong installer? If so, how can I install .bat files?

AceTalker out with the questions once again.

Thing is the installer doesnt allways work

at least my doesnt

and yep sign me too for the AK bug

allthough all the problems the mod has huge potential

RM Snipe: Thank you, have fun! :]

snoofkin911: All I can think of is to make sure that the NewData folder is in the @SLX mod folder, that's what the install .bat files look for to see if it has anything to install. Try running both the HWTL one and the non HWTL installers and make sure the one that is appropriate for your operating system is being run.

Snuffy: Thanks! I'll keep updating this stuff until I get ArmA, and then I'll play around with it and maybe port some of this stuff over if necessary.

tarrega: The AK74 optic is installed by running the appropriate install .bat file in the @SLX mod folder.

capitan_caceres: I removed the radio voices like in WGL to make commands get issued faster. They will be on by default in the next update and turning them off will be optional. You can re enable the voices yourself for the time being by opening the config you are using, the default one is in @SLX\bin\ and a config that has voices and find the "class Words" section, then copy it and paste it over the "class Words" section in the config you want to have voices and they should work.

AceTalker: Please read my reply to capitan_caceres above about the missing voices. The install .bat files are located in the @SLX mod folder. Just double click on the .bat file to run it and then press a key and it will install. Here's the Breathe site where you can download Oxygen light and here's a link to Oxygen light itself: Oxygen Light

BergHoff: Thanks! :]

froggyluv: I'll leave the Tonal config alone, only the default config and some others will be changed. :]

thanks for your reply solus...i found it!

i have another question though.

i noticed that when using either FFUR or WGL with your mod and custom config files i don't get any of your great hi-res effects. all i see is the standard cl_basic, cl_water and cl_fire cloudlets...

only after copying the dta folder from the SLX directory to the WGL directory it showed your hi-res effects. is that intentional?

also does one need to install all SLX updates over each other or is everything included in 1.07?

thanks again

edit:

nevermind it magically fixed itself wow_o.gif

but i noticed a little "bug"...

why does NATO use green tracers and OPFOR red/orange ones in SLX?

it should be the other way around tounge2.gif

well i went a few pages back and couldnt find it. i did see a similiar topic with the grass issue and i tried it but it didnt work. I want the old ofp trees and bushes back so i can play with less lag. B nice if u come with to updates one original ofp cwc and the other with resistance ofp for cwc islands

Idono i have no problem of getting into the newdata folder via the dos console but the batch just wont find it

well i just wanna get rid of those resistance objects on everon and malden it lags me out really bad cant enjoy the MOD =(

1. Burning vehicle effects don't look like the ones in your screenshots - they appear more like rounded 'puffs' of flame.

I had this problem until I ran the installer that was provided in the @SLX root directory.  Have you done so?

@plaintiff1, if by installer you mean the 'Install_win2k_XP.bat' file, yes I did.  I've just installed the update so hopefully that will help???

EDIT: Yep - that did it...all working now and VERY NICE thumbs-up.gif

.bat files ARE the dos installer thingys? Huh. I re-installed the mod with them, but it didn't work. When i looked at optic ak-47 whatever thingy i found it and it was in correct place but still this is'nt working

AceTalker out.(out to play some ofp)

These are some freaking amazing effects, especially the dirt that gets picked up from bullets hitting the ground. I just had the BAS LittleBird do a straffing run in downtown Tatu, and I felt like I was literally in a movie with all the dust being kicked up and one of my AI's being dragged out of harms way in the street in the middle of a firefight.

Outstanding work dude! I hope the effects in AA are up to par with this.

Jocko.

crazy_o.gif AAH! I double-posted!  banghead.gif  sad_o.gif Can it be deleted somehow? wow_o.gif

AceTalker out.

No you got 3 post's in their fella tounge2.gif Keep on going like that and you will soon have you're post count sky high! By the way this mod rock's with the new tonal stuff,and at no frame rate loss(for me anyway)

Hi Solus!

First thing first - I admire amount of work you have put into this mode - great job smile_o.gif ... but I can not download 1.07 update - it seems to be down :-/ So could you mirror it somewhere, so that we could dl it?

Keep up good work - Clees smile_o.gif

versus: Good to hear it's working! It should use the @SLX\dta\ stuff with WGL unless there was another replacement sky pack or something also in the startup line before the @SLX one. The updates are only the parts that have been changed, you still need to install the initial release first to use them. I'll switch the tracer colors in the next release, I didn't research them before implementing them. tounge2.gif

kosta87: From one of my previous posts in response to your first one:

Thanks! I sometimes edit my posts to answer things, so please check my latest posts to see if questions are answered in them. tounge2.gif

1. Due to speed and stability the bullet hits are "estimated" and aren't always very accurate, especialy when there are slowdowns. To make the bullet hits more accurate more often edit the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in the @SLX mod folder and change the "SLX_ShotFX" setting from 1 to 2. Be warned that this may cause more crashes in large firefights or laggy situations.

2. The next update will have changes in that area. :]

3. To take out the resistance objects might be tricky, perhaps it would be easier to just rename the NewData folder, then make a new NewData folder and copy what you want to use to it, then re run the installer. I'll include an option in the installers in a future version of the pack so that you can install only what you want.

4. I'll look into it, thanks! Possibly the colors blending in the transition, I'll try and make them more desaturated or something so there's no strangely mixed colors in between the clear, cloudy, and overcast skies.

Thanks for the reports, they help make things better! :]

snoofkin911: I'm not sure what's wrong with it for you, all I can suggest is to try installing it manually. You'll have to look for one of my previous post to explain how to do that, sorry. :\

seminara: Thanks, glad to hear it's working for you! :]

Jocko Flocko: Thanks! I might mess around with ArmA when I get it. ;]

action man: Thanks, good to hear it's running smoothly!

Clees: Thanks! I uploaded it to some more places, hopefully one of them will work for you:

Mirror 1: Uploading.com

Mirror 2: YouSendIt.com

The YouSendIt one is limited to 100 downloads I think.

what i meant considering the updates was wether you need all of them or if the latest update (1.07) includes all the other updates as well?

cool, if you're going to fix the tracers maybe i might make a little suggestion:)

let me just quote wikipedia here:

Quote[/b] ]"Tracers have been used extensively in machine guns since World War I (1914-1918) and are usually loaded at a ratio of one tracer per four rounds in ground guns, and one tracer per every two or three rounds in aircraft guns, although with most emplaced machine guns, such as the M60, it is common to have a tracer every 6 rounds."

this is already simulated in WGL but not in FFUR.

last but not least i've been playing quite some time now with your mod and noticed a very heavy slowdown (like from 30 fps to 10 fps). i pinpointed it to a truck that was sitting damaged on the road. in the middle under it was an effect that looked something like gasoline spilling. when the effect vanished the slowdown was gone.

just thought i'd point this out.

once again, stunning mod!

Wow this thread has grown fast. This is probably the hottest product on the forum right now.

Solus

Here is something with the healing of wounded troops. Tried a mini mission where my troops wounded an AI nme. The problem is that everytime I tried to get one my guys to go and heal the wounded nme he would KIA him instead. I believe it has something to do with my troops thinking he still had a weapon. I couldnt get my troops to take the wounded nme's weapon away.

Also one of my troops was wounded and I couldnt get my guys to go take care of him. My troops did nothing. I think it has to do with the last command putting my troops in formation with me. They wouldnt leave my formation.

Hope this helps.

tarrega: The AK74 optic is installed by running the appropriate install .bat file in the @SLX mod folder.

hi, Solus.

Thx for your advise.

I found some interesting things:

1, if I run the Install_win2k_XP.bat which will create a HWTL filefolder in @SLX\DTA with data3d.pbo and data.pbo in it,then when I run the game it says "picture ofplogo1.paa not found" and kick me out.

2, if I run the NO_HWTL_Install_win2k_XP.bat which will create data3d and data.pbo directly in @SLX\DTA,I can get in the GUI with a "cannot open object data3d\optika_ak74.p3d"

3, to solve the 1st problem,I found ofplogo1.paa in Res\Dta\data.pbo with ofplogo2 and logo3.I copy them three in @SLX\NewData and run Install_win2k_XP.bat again,after I run the quickshoot of OFP,the screen became dark with a buzz and then fluttered with colourful stripes.A window appeared saying "OFP encountered some errors so it must be closed" before I was ready to flee out my room.I shut the window and then was back to the desktop.;)

4, then I run the two .bat both and delete the data.pbo in @SLX\DTA\hwtl,the game runs quite well.But the muzzle textures disappeared and some other trifling texture problems ccourred.

Then I got the conclusion: data.pbo in @SLX\DTA\hwtl, .paa error; data3d.pbo in @SLX\DTA,optika error; data.pbo both in @SLX\DTA and @SLX\DTA\hwtl without data.pbo in @SLX\DTA\hwtl, texture error.The first two are fatal.  thumbs-up.gif

AAH! I got it to work at last! biggrin_o.gif  Very good job Solus! And I love those melee units with some more animations than just to swing and swing which have been seen in other addons. (now I'm making meleemissions all the time! BTW I downloaded ninja From here and he can't take a sword from dead slx melee unit.) Too bad that the other addon's units don't have for example rolling or dragging animations. Would it be posssible to have animations for other downloaded units by extracting their .pbo files into operation flashpoint/@SLX/addons folder?

And I got it to work by installing mod with "NO_HWTL_Install_win2k_XP" file, if someone have the same problem i had, that might be the answer.

Apologizing for possible mispelling.(again)

AceTalker out.