Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

SimraN: Glad you got it working. :]

paragraphic l: Ideally, or eventually, everything OFP SLX has, and much more.

prodetar2: SimraN just had the exact same problem you have, please read his previous posts to find the solution. Please read all of the readme files and this entire thread before asking any more questions, thank you. :]

Here's the 1.09 release:

SLX_Mod_1.09.rar 34.3MB @ RogePost.com

Changes:

Changed mod config use.

Changed radar display size and position.

Many small tweaks.

Removed speed and altitude readouts on OFP HUD to make vehicle instruments useful instead of redundant.

Made AI's able to turn all the way to the side for shooting to the sides while running.

Iron sights have variable field of view with lowest zoom the same as regular view zoom and maximum zoom at 90 degrees.

Made SF soldiers have flashlights.

Round binocular optics.

Made basic rifle classes have bayonets so special classes are no longer needed.

Added launched smoke grenades that grenadiers launch at enemies first.

Made CoC Artillery shells play the medium range hit sound by default so if the CoC scripted ranged sounds don't work then there will at least be a sound for a hit. If the CoC scripts are working then it should still sound the same.

More and faster pistol movement modes and ability to shoot while moving prone.

Can look through optics while rolling to see the view roll around.

Forests conceal better.

Added tracer magazines to officer loadouts.

Made voices enabled by default in all configs.

Made added replacement pack models not needed in configs.

Added weapons in cargo of vehicles. Many more AT weapons.

CAVS armor and weapon settings.

Changed tank armor to make hitting a tank in the engine easily disable it. Tank guns have more armor to simulate better front protection and reduce the chance of situations where only the gun gets damaged and droops down. Hitting tanks in the side does more damage than hitting them in the front and hitting near the back of the side has a better chance of penetrating and hitting the engine.

Added FFUR2007 config.

Updated SLX_GL3.pbo to version 1.05.

Changes:

Adjusted munitions windage and size and speed of hit effects.

Made suppressive fire have a chance of affecting units according to their skill.

Made squads suppress enemies when there are no visible targets. Invisible targets are placed at the last spotted position of enemy units and the AI's will shoot at them if there are no actual enemies visible, resulting in suppressive fire being used against hiding enemies. Thanks to Terox and BAS for invisible targets examples!

Made tracers appear every 4 rounds and made options to always have tracers.

Made shot effect play supersonic sounds and make the trace when a projectile is traveling at supersonic speeds. Thanks to Dslyecxi for the sounds!

Added checks to see if player is leader before all combat mode and group behaviour changes.

Made units garrisoning buildings not stop when inside, which might have fixed the bug where squads won't return to their waypoints after garrisoning a building.

Made vehicles with engines off have a chance of catching on fire when damaged.

Added basic helicopter rotor wash effect to aircraft wind script.

Added basic aircraft crashing into water effect.

Rocket deviation and flying with wind.

RPG flight characteristics, flying into wind.

Made helicopters rate less than tanks so they will try to fly away so they don't get torn apart by commander machine guns so often. They might also sometimes engage from standoff ranges with missiles.

Made withdrawing AI's less likely to keep shooting.

Revealing enemy units to known allies and backup groups should work now. Enemies are revealed to all air units to aid engagement.

Made groups call for backup more often. If a squad is withdrawing they will call for backup if their ally will help match the enemies strength. If the squad's strength is about equal to the enemy they will call for backup only if their ally will help overmatch the enemy. The called backup had to always overmatch the enemy in previous versions.

Give melee script makes units with binoculars have them as the first item so the melee weapon or NVG's won't show up when using binoculars.

Added rocket\missile backblast and smoke.

Added ejected empty casings effect for vehicle fired bullets.

Added launched smoke grenade effect.

Basic AI join feature\squad join feature.

Basic surrendering. Chance of a squad fleeing based on enemy strength. Squads surrender when they are fleeing with a chance based on leader's skill.

Added variations to the height of smoke columns and fires from similar objects.

Updated SLX_Wounds.pbo to version 1.02.

Changes:

Made dragging wounded have very basic MP compatibility.

Made SLX Wounds work without GL3 being initialized or run. Should work independently now.

Made ally helpers script work without GL3 running.

Included example unit in config.

Added checks to see if player is leader before all combat mode changes.

Made ally helpers script a little more reliable. Possibly resolved some crashes.

Possibly resolved some crashes in the wounds script.

Possibly made wounded enemy units get taken captive more reliably. Wounded enemies that are no longer captive should not be dragged by AI's anymore so that they will just get attacked instead.

Possibly fixed crash on dropping weapons with grenade launchers or multiple barrels while launcher is selected. This is probably the one that was the most noticable random crash, it might be the last crash bug and if it is fixed then SLX Wounds and SLX mod should be almost 100% stable.

Possibly fixed crash on taking weapons. Thanks Shadow NX!!

Various small changes for captives.

More reliable captive killing rating reduction working for GL3 surrendered units too.

Updated SLX_Vehicles.pbo to version 1.02.

Updated SLX_Melee.pbo to version 1.02.

Oh man Solus!

Great improvements for OFP!

I wish I had an SLX config for ArmA........ icon_rolleyes.gif

Esta pregunta va para tí william1, ya que he visto que el OFP lo tienes en español y como no se me da muy bien escribir en inglés (más bien paso de hacer el ridículo) pues te formularé una pregunta en perfecto castellano.

El tema es el siguiente: he instalado el pack de extras del FFUR 2007, entre los cuales se encuentra el humo y el fuego del SLX Replacement Pack. Resulta que no me gustan nada nada esos efectos y lo que quería era volver a los efectos de humo y fuego del flashpoint originales o como mucho los del FFUR 2006. Lo mismo me pasa con el agua que se me queda demasiado oscura y artificial para mi gusto. El caso es que quiero mantener los demás efectos y texturas del pack de extras, por lo que copiar el archivo Data3d del OFP original no es viable. He intentado extraer los archivos (cl_fire, cl_fired, cl_basic...) y meterlos en el Data3d.pbo del FFUR 2007 pero el juego salta al escritorio. ¿Qué demonios hago tío?

Espero que me puedas ayudar.

Un saludo help.gif

[quote name=prodetar2' date='Jan. 10 2007,14:45

well, my first error was, the shortcut target, i had like "-mod=@wgl5-mod=@SLX, by mistake I put a space between wgl5 and the -mod=@SLX and it worked, bringing up the blue sky on the main menu instead of the default wgl screen, then it started saying the data not found optika-ak-74(magic) and something else about crater holes or something when I shot a tank, and all the trees and bushes had white squares and stuff still.2nd, I dunno really what happend, I deleted the config which was suppose to be the slx-wgl config, then just re-copied it, last I forgot which install.bat I used, so I just did the No-HTWL (xp version), tried it, didn't work, then I did the normal one and sure enough it worked. I've been having problems with this mod for ages too!, I couldnt get it to work with FFUR 2.5 at all, but I've finally gotten it working with WGL 1.12.

hope this might help you some way smile_o.gif

ok maybe i shouldve mentioned but i dont use wgl...

not any mod. (atm)

and what does hwtl mean?

maybe it has been asked before but ill just ask again smile_o.gif

how do i know if have hwtl?

could be a stupid question smile_o.gif

oh.. sad_o.gif I'm not really good at this stuff sorry confused_o.gif

I have no idea what HTWL is either.

Solus you've done it again.

The enemy AI is just so dynamic, engaging and smart without having to be 'aimbots'. I've actually had enemies seek me out upstairs in a building and stab me in the back!

Suppresion system is great a well although I have noticed the 'invisible target' bug as well -shooting in the opposite direction.

Don't have ARMA quite yet ( lost in the mail confused_o.gif ) but I look forward to what sick modding you're going to come up for that biggrin_o.gif

Here's the 1.091 update:

SLX Mod Update 1.091 @ RogePost.com

Changes:

Included needed files in mod config folders.

Removed JAM requirement in default SLX mod config.

Updated SLX_GL3 to version 1.051.

Squads no longer suppress the opposite direction of the enemy while withdrawing. Also refined the bounding overwatch script a bit so bounding might be a little faster and more reliable.

To install updates:

Extract the update content on top of the existing content.

froggyluv: Thanks, glad you got it working! That bug is fixed in the update.

Jocko Flocko: Thanks! :]

SimraN: Glad everything's working ok, thanks for helping out!

william1: Yep looks like a bug from the suppressive fire being integrated into the bounding overwatch script. I changed the target object to one of the suppressive fire objects but hadn't taken withdrawing into account. The latest update should fix these problems. Thanks for reporting the bug and which mission it could be seen in, it helped a lot! biggrin_o.gif

prodetar2: Run the FlashpointPreferences.exe file in your OFP directory and you can set up whether HWTL is used or not. You could also try running all of the install .bat files, at least one of them should work. tounge2.gif

Schulz: 1.09 is a standalone, sorry for not putting that in the post. Thanks! :]

Kroky: Thanks! The ArmA SLX Mod is coming along very well and shouldn't take more than a few days. Vehicles, weapons, extended viewing ranges, and all kinds of things have been changed and GL3 is almost done.

irakmata: Sorry I can't help you, online translatons aren't clear enough for me to figure out want you want. :/

I'm glad to hear the Arma conversion is progressing. I am even thinking about playing OFP again with this until it comes to arma. This work is that good.

The ArmA SLX Mod is coming along very well and shouldn't take more than a few days. Vehicles, weapons, extended viewing ranges, and all kinds of things have been changed and GL3 is almost done.

This is the best news I could read today!!

You're almost done with your ArmA config? Solus, you are definitely a genius!!

You made my day   yay.gif

EDIT:

And thank you very much for taking me seriously and implement the AI join feature which I suggested. Hope very much this will be included in ArmA config too.

Solus

Love this mod. Great work. One suggestion. You have a flame that occurs with each explosion. It looks like the same flame used for burning tanks. It looks great on tanks but I think its a bit much for firing cannons and explosions. I would think it should be more of a quick flash than a quick firey flame. What do you think. Keep up the good work.

@Kroky

What makes the 'join' feature kick in as I've yet to see it in the action menu?

Another item that is very cool is when I attacked enemy tanks with my infantry squad, they turned around and came after us. Next thing I know I have my hands on my head and my whole squad surrenders. YIKES!!!!! I couldnt unsurrender myself. Better run next time. rofl.gif

GO near the leader of anouther squad and stand about a meter away, too close and it doesn't quite work, and you have to have room in your team.

Edit: Someone posted before my post about the JOIN SQUAD feture, this post is directed at the guy asking about what makes it kick in...

Gunterlund it really depands on the type of ammunition used

Solus your headin MT.Rushmore way  wink_o.gif

i think it would be cool if after the OPFOR ai shoots from buildings they could crounch/or step back and crounch to make them selfs less visable

anyway keep rockin

hmm with that new link you gave us i just downloaded it replaced the first map

then after the installation i get:

preprocessor failed on file config.cpp - error 1

did i have to have slx installed before using that slx update?

I get a seemingly random freeze up if i play with wgl5.1 and slx 1.0-1.091 together. Although it seems to be random, if i save a game that's just about to crash and reload that save game the crash will happen in exactly the same time. I have ofp 1.96 installed.

hey , in the mission steal the car one russian has executed me after i had been taken captive ! that goes against the Geneva Convention mad_o.gif i'm gonna make an official complaining to the O.N.U rofl.gif

Hi guys, I made a mision on the desert island with 1 squad of russian, and a squad of US assaulting each other on a hill, well after half the us squad was lost, and the russians were killed, except maybe 3, a couple of soldiers from the us side healed the wounded rus soldiers, the rus soldiers got up and surrenderd, then the us solds on the radio said enemy soldier 50, then shot him.

I was like what was the point of that, I think this has to be fixed were somehow in the script when the enemy or anyone surrenders it makes them neutral. To make it more exciting make the capturing soldiers bring the captured to a place like prison camp.

Yep it would look more real if the captured enemy soldiers be at least auto evacuate to a chopper or a bmp

@solus

Great Mod!!! I love it. Also the combination with ECPis great!

a few small things...

* it looks like your slx-ecp config uses the DSAI Extension (US) v1.1 for ECP v1.085e. So I do have to install that addon?

* In your ecp-slx config radiochatter is disabled. Is that your preferece, of can it cause conflicts when turning on?

* While starting SLX-ECP, I get the error when starting OFP: Cannot load mission, missing addons: bis_resistence.

* The missions I want to play (crcti) runs fine, but in multiplayer (only lan) it crashes. Are there some things you know off, which can cause those crashes, and have to be turned off?

Soo, i have reinstalled my ofp and lost the slx mod. Today I downloaded it again. Now my ofp works. That was the good things, now the bad news: it works, but

1. My soldiers (exept black ops and civilians) don't have textures.

2. Trees and bushes textures are gone.

3. ak-47 optics problem (again [done the same thing that last time, but no luck]).

4. Can't load US soldiers (says something about beretta).

And now i'm just hoping for help

AceTalker out.

Words of the day: Hey there, five chins! How's crimes?

Alas, I just have no luck with the SLX mod. I couldn't get 1.08 running and now I have tried a complete reinstall for 1.09 and same result.

It's odd because I have no other problems with mods like Ffur2007 or invasion 44.

When I try and run SLX as a stand alone I just get the typical Microsoft error message at start up.

Too bad because the SLX features look to be the best.

i've made a ECP+SLX+GRAA Mod replacement config , if anyone is interested can get it here .sorry i don't know scripting and nothing like that but for what i tested it works fine tounge2.gif

download here

smile_o.gif

Alas, I just have no luck with the SLX mod. I couldn't get 1.08 running and now I have tried a complete reinstall for 1.09 and same result.

It's odd because I have no other problems with mods like Ffur2007 or invasion 44.

When I try and run SLX as a stand alone I just get the typical Microsoft error message at start up.

Too bad because the SLX features look to be the best.

i go the same problem mate.

i think SLX would work better if it was made with a installer similar to FFUR2007 or ecp ones.

cuze ffur ecp and wgl work without problems. except SLX :S

Hi everyone! Here's a picture from ArmA SLX Mod: Bounding teams and PRC-119 radio

nubbin77: Thank you! :]

Kroky: The AI join feature is a part of GL3, so it is definitely in the ArmA version. :]

gunterlund: You mean for tank cannons ? I replaced the cl_fired.p3d because some fires use it, but the tank firing effect uses it too and I haven't modified it because I don't have many good references for it. If you can find some good pictures or videos of tanks firing I might be able to make a more correct effect. :] The surrendering should make the AI's capture you automatically, but there are still some bugs. You might be able to escape if the enemy squad leaves. Also I think it won't surrender you if you're moving.

froggyluv: Like Blazin said, stand near them until GL3 scans their group and adds the action.

Blazin: Thanks for helping! :]

snoofkin911: Thanks! When I was making the script I tried to make them pop up to shoot but it wasn't as effective as letting them choose whether to stand or lie down on their own. I've seen an east officer in a building stand up to shoot at me through a window and then crouch down out of sight, so their ability to use cover more effectively might be based on their skill.

prodetar2: The 1.091 version is an update to the full 1.09 release. You should install 1.09 and then the update.

Sbua: Could you give me more information on what mission you were playing and maybe even upload a save file of just before the crash ? That would help a lot in finding what's causing those crashes, thanks!!

william1, Julian, snoofkin911: Looks like there's still some bugs in the captives scripts. tounge2.gif Maybe I'll fix it when I get SLX Wounds for ArmA working. The ArmA scripts should be able to be used in the OFP version too. Maybe in a future version the captives will be taken to the rear by a GL3 group.

Birdseye: Thanks! You could install the DSAI addon or you could remove those defines in the config, those were just my settings files that I played with, sorry I hadn't said anywhere that they're optional. The ECP radio chatter works fine, it just gets annoying listening to the same conversations over and over again. tounge2.gif I'm not sure what could be causing the missing addon message, try adding "bis_resistance" to one of the PreloadAddons sections at the end of the config.cpp and see if that fixes it. I don't know what could be causing the crashes in MP either, sorry. :[ I'll try playing crcti and see if I can figure it out, thanks for reporting the crash. :]

AceTalker: Sounds like the install .bat didn't run right, but I don't know what could have caused it, sorry. Maybe try running the installers again and see if they work.

Tobruk, prodetar2: I don't know why it's not working for you, sorry. :[ All I can suggest is to keep trying to find out what's wrong. You could also try running without the replacement pack stuff, there's an option at the top of the default SLX config that you can comment out that should disable any added replacement pack content. Then make sure you've removed data.pbo and data3d.pbo from the @SLX\dta\ and @SLX\dta\HWTL\ folders.

william1: Thanks for making that config, cool! biggrin_o.gif

Man you really rule!

How much work is this scripting thing? Beginning with learning it thumbs-up.gif

And how big tactical back-ground do you have? Or is this all just playing and testing to your liking?

And how do you have to install this? Just mod-folder? How long must I have to await this precious thing whistle.gif