Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

The computer industry moves that fast that in 3 months the engine and the grphics will probably be behind the times or at least run of the mill. So every week its spends in development is a weeks market lead lost in the country in question.

If you don't get you product on the market as soon as its ready you could lose out. You're old hat before you've even got off the blocks.

With a mulitplayer game its also important to get everyone going at the same time to create a thriving online community to support the game. Online clans are responsible for spreading the word. Its no good now logging in Poland to find no games because the Brits don't have it. Same as its no good a Brit logging on in 12 months to find the Polish guy has gone to play something else.

I don't see anything wrong with game fans getting excited about getting their hands on Armed Assault.

I find your information and opinions so enlightening.

You've been here how long? welcome.gif

I've been playing OFP for FIVE (5) years, dated graphics and all. crazy_o.gif

I'll wait till it's ready. In 1 month you can run along and get something "more up to date".   nener.gif

I'll be playing AA until game 2 comes out. AND, learning more about it everytime I play it or make a mission.

The computer industry moves that fast that in 3 months the engine and the grphics will probably be behind the times or at least run of the mill. So every week its spends in development is a weeks market lead lost in the country in question.

If you don't get you product on the market as soon as its ready you could lose out. You're old hat before you've even got off the blocks.

With a mulitplayer game its also important to get everyone going at the same time to create a thriving online community to support the game. Online clans are responsible for spreading the word. Its no good now logging in Poland to find no games because the Brits don't have it. Same as its no good a Brit logging on in 12 months to find the Polish guy has gone to play something else.

I don't see anything wrong with game fans getting excited about getting their hands on Armed Assault.

I'll wait till it's ready. In 1 month you can run along and get something "more up to date".   nener.gif

I'll be playing AA until game 2 comes out. AND, learning more about it everytime I play it or make a mission.

I've played OPF since release also and contributed missions and scripts to various websites. Flaming with 'I've been here longer' doesn't really cut it. Please explain where you disagree.

Publishers would flock to BIS if they thought this would make money. They don't because they don't think it will. Things won't get better over time. Technical industries move forward so you're out of date when you launch. This is a 32 bit game where dual core 64 bit is the standard. Vista and direct X 10 hit soon with the next generation of motherboards and graphics cards. So thats two steps behind and there is no sign of a release yet. The guys I know who are programmers at EA are programming for hardware thats still on the drawing board.

Fair enough there will be a hardcore fan base but BIS can't survive on the pittance they'll get from them.

The faster a game is published is good but it should, imho, NEVER be released just because fans want it, when its done is when you can buy it. Vietcong 2 listened to its fans pleas too much and released it without such things as ingame voice, Coop mode, more than 4 multiplayer maps etc etc.

It killed the game and dissapointed the fans. The GFX may be behind but the gameplay, to this day, in OFP 1 is unique and OFP 1.5, AA, has a very high chance of continuing and pushing that unique factor further than before.

Anyway, ontopic;

If Germany is getting it before England, are there any chances of it having multi-language capabilites in all cutscenes? (Has anyone read anything about it?)

Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. So why shouldn't ArmA be in chinese? icon_rolleyes.gif

actually it's the most spoken "native language"... english is the most spoken in any manner

Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. So why shouldn't ArmA be in chinese? icon_rolleyes.gif

cos china proberly wont allow to sell arma in there country so proberly no real reason too.. although english is a main lanuage, people like to look at things in there native lanuage.

I'll wait till it's ready. In 1 month you can run along and get something "more up to date". nener.gif

Well i agree to some point that if you delay some thing you may lose out.

BUT this is OFP i'm fair sure they will not lose out simply it's not your tipical game.

Actually it's the most spoken "native language"... english is the most spoken in any manner

Actually the most spoken native language is spanish or catalan in most "diffrent" countries. English is the most spoken business language. And Chinese is spoken so much due to the amount of Chinese people tounge2.gif

I hope we see a UK/US publisher soon.

I don't want this in german and from what I have heard about the language files I need a english version...

Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. So why shouldn't ArmA be in chinese?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes spoken by Chinese people! rofl.gif

Another person here hoping for US publisher announcement. smile_o.gif

Language wise, English is mostly common language. Chinese has the most spoken due to the population size. However when you think about how well spread English is on global scale and how common its use is it makes sense to have ARMA in English.

getting back on track. If US distributor is not going to happen before the years end I might have to fly to Prague. tounge2.gif

If US distributor is not going to happen before the years end I might have to fly to Prague. tounge2.gif

if there isnt a UK one, I'll come with... and bring a baseball bat and 100m of tape - we've got hostages to take tounge2.gif

Hi,

And what about the french release date???

Is there anybody who know when it will be release in France?

Xavier. huh.gif

If US distributor is not going to happen before the years end I might have to fly to Prague. tounge2.gif

if there isnt a UK one, I'll come with... and bring a baseball bat and 100m of tape - we've got hostages to take tounge2.gif

ill come along with u too.. just to see the place biggrin_o.gif then ill secretly save the hostages and get free beer and ArmA biggrin_o.gif

is anyone else a little concerned that even though these dates are confirmed, theres no mention on the homepage of armedassault.com about it even coming out ?

i kind of expected "RELEASE DATE XX-XX-XXXX !" or "CLICK HERE FOR INFO" in big red letters.

if there isnt a UK one, I'll come with... and bring a baseball bat and 100m of tape - we've got hostages to take  tounge2.gif

ill come along with u too.. just to see the place  biggrin_o.gif then ill secretly save the hostages and get free beer and ArmA  biggrin_o.gif

If I go to Prague, the hostages I wanna take don't work for BIS.  rofl.gif

Wouldn't mind having a beer with Placebo and friends though...

is anyone else a little concerned that even though these dates are confirmed, theres no mention on the homepage of armedassault.com about it even coming out ?

i kind of expected "RELEASE DATE XX-XX-XXXX !" or "CLICK HERE FOR INFO" in big red letters.

Great point indeed

Chinese is the most spoken language in the world. So why shouldn't ArmA be in chinese?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Mandrin, Wu or Cantonese? There is no one Chinese language.

English is the most spoken by virtue of the establishment of the British Empire. Specifically the decision of the Crown to set up shop in India.

Great point indeed

Aren't we used to that?

that website is temp anyways.. i bet when they release the preoper site template sooner to release like they did with teh x-box site...

biggrin_o.gif

two reasons i want a UK publisher and date pronto:

1) so i get it asap

2) so PUKF get it asap

It seems strange that press coverage in the UK (leading pc games mags) has dried up in the last few months, AA seems to be being completely ignored, the lack of propaganda for the game is worrying.

According to PCzone mag these are the big 'incoming' games for late 06:

FEAR: extraction point

LOTR: BFME2

Medievel 2

Need for speed: carbon

Phantasy star universe

Res evil 4

Scarface

Star trek: legacy

Test drive unlimited

LOTR: online, SOA

Warhammer: MOC

The witcher

World of warcraft: TBC

?!!!huh.gif!!!!!!!huh.gif??!?

If AA is released in the UK in November (06) after so little marketing, it could be commercial disaster. They'll be relying completely on the existing ofp fanbase to buy the game.

i must agree it is very strange ,that the u.s and uk markets are not

even mentioning Arma. i was talking to a friend of mine who i hadnt seen for a few months he had just been lan gaming and when i mentioned Arma (hes a big cod2 bf2 player), he just shrugged his shoulders.looks like we in th uk and u.s rely too much on big publishers, pitty we havent any smaller ones who could make a few quid on this.