Sign in to follow this  
txalin

Confirmed release dates and countries.

hmmm...30.11. sounds good...but 10.11. sounds even better.

arg 45 euro for one ArmA is a bit too much money to buy it 2times... confused_o.gif

Would this thread be a proper one for localisation talk?

I'd like to know whether the printed covers of the game will be in english or not? Or are some of them going to be localized?

If Finnish distributor is not found in time, I'm forced to put up an order from somewhere else. In this case, we'll probably be ordering some 10 pieces of the game.

Maybe Bohemia can release the "language" files in advance, so that they can be modded by the community and released upon ArmA's release

In one sense I'm hoping they confirmed releases have english language files so I can import it.

In another I'm praying it doesnt cause piracy will kill the US/UK sales, sort out more publishers BIS banghead.gif

i will update the thread only with official info, so if you know something please put the link to the web publisher or the announcement smile_o.gif

Polish publisher, LEM, confirmed that ArmA in Poland will be relased at the same time as official Europe release will take place (problem is that we don't know official date :d but in the news they write that "Official date' mean the end of September and the beginning of October, anyway, i don't believe them :P).

Source

Question: My girlfriends parents live near the Czech border. So if I would by a Czech version, would there be any disadvantage for me as a Ger/Eng speaking person?

i will update the thread only with official info, so if you know something please put the link to the web publisher or the announcement smile_o.gif

What, like this...

Czech/Slovak publisher is "Bohemia Interactive" with distribution partners JRC and Conquest Entertainment.

http://www.jrc.cz/index.php?a=2&id=3LH1000101

http://www.cqe.cz/

http://www.cqe.cz/vypis_produk.php?navi=CEPC0170

whistle.gif

Yeah, when is the US and UK release? WHo could it be?

Damn it!  I wish i could read czech! crazy_o.gif

I want a Canadian version EH!

1 that smells like back bacon and beer and comes packaged in

maple syrup LOL.

Maybe our version will will be multilingual cause we have

sssssssoooooooooo many nationalities here.

But till then there's OFP and all of the nice mods.

What, like this...

Czech/Slovak publisher is "Bohemia Interactive" with distribution partners JRC and Conquest Entertainment.

http://www.jrc.cz/index.php?a=2&id=3LH1000101

http://www.cqe.cz/

http://www.cqe.cz/vypis_produk.php?navi=CEPC0170

whistle.gif

Yeah, when is the US and UK release? WHo could it be?

Damn it! I wish i could read czech! crazy_o.gif

See the first post, it's updated.... whistle.gif

Looks like I'll be downloading mine via Germany, hope theres a US version available. Just hope all this does'nt hurt the gameplay. Any word on a Demo yet?

how about hong kong?huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

hahaha huh.gif

yeah who can publish UK? thinks about starting uk plublisher business tounge2.gif

i dont want to pay ÅÅÅ to get imported from czech/germany

but if it doesnt get released in the uk before the end of 2006 i will have too. crazy_o.gif

I gotta say that i'm pretty disapointed to not see a US release date. sad_o.gif

I just hope that the directory structures and eveything will be the same will all of these different release dates and publishers. I fear another GOTY fiasco. help.gif

I agree Evil, cant imagine why they'd put the US on the backburner, when I'm sure they understand there will be alot of AA sales here in the states.

what evidence do you have that the US date is on the backburner? Nothing but hear say and wild ass'd guesses I reckon?

those are the comfirmed dates and publishers... once BIS find a us publisher, they will comfirm them and a date... same with all the other missing countries.

stop panicking already... you havnt a clue whats going on behind the scenes, so why try and comment on it?

how about hong kong?huh.gifhuh.gif  huh.gif

i think some small publishers might be intersted in(they import many stupid game too), but even not, there still be way to getting it(well if you got credit card atless)

I wonder when review copies will be sent out and when the first reviews will be appearing?

WTB Release in UK Or The Netherlands.

I don't want a bloody german version ><

I agree Evil, cant imagine why they'd put the US on the backburner

This may come as a shock but we cannot simply force a US publisher to sign ArmA to publish in the US, the real world doesn't actually work that way.

I agree Evil, cant imagine why they'd put the US on the backburner

This may come as a shock but we cannot simply force a US publisher to sign ArmA to publish in the US, the real world doesn't actually work that way.

rofl.gif

rofl.gifwink_o.gif

I just hope you are still seriously thinking about digital distribution for the “other guysâ€. I don’t have a dvd-rom, so I would rather download the game then buy a dvd-rom for it. Yea, yea, I know, it’s 2006 and I don’t have a dvd-rom, but up until this point, there hasn’t been one instance where I actually needed one.

If a US date is late or never comes (would be very suprising) at least a lot of people can get the game online or as an import.

All i need would be an english version. Luckily here in germany whe have no problem to get Armed Assault. What about selling an english version of Armed Assault via Amazon worldwide?

I don`t need a localized german version.