Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Interview on friday by Electronic sports

I ran out of fuel quite a lot with jeeps, playing a CTI game on nogova. I think it depends on your survival skills.

WTF? I've never run out of fuel with any vehical unless it's fuel supply was altered to a low level in the mission.

So you running out of fuel with a jeep in CTI wow you must have used the same jeep for the whole few hours of the game.

I've never had that problem in normal OFP. However, some mods make fuel get lower faster. I think WGL does that with the helicopters.

It is nice in WGL that fuel is a neccesary concentration making trips to a FARP neccesary. What isn't nice is using avgas like there's a hole in the fuel tank.

If you're running out of fuel before you run out of ammo you're doing it wrong pistols.gif

Besides, you can just refuel your gunship at the nearest civilian gas station rofl.gif

The streaming terrain should theoretically make it possible to create custom maps of 100x100km, 400x400km ... who knows the limit?

Of course that's theory from what we've been told and guessed about streaming terrain. The reality might be, that despite streaming terrain, the limit is a lot smaller. You probably wouldn't be able to increase player/AI numbers on the map to match it's size because of their load either.

Who would want to populate such huge maps with objects, towns, roads? I'd love to play huge maps, but creating one would be a nightmare.

And who is going to have the $$$ to afford such a server to run 1000 people at a time? the bandwidth and power needed would be rediculas by the server and the clients connected.

Luckly new techonology gets cheaper by time. smile_o.gif

What I don't understand is this:

Quote[/b] ]Show Time: August 24th @ 4:00 PM EST.

Ehhh, and here it says friday? confused_o.gif

Edit: Ah nevermind missed a few post. icon_redface.gif

The streaming terrain should theoretically make it possible to create custom maps of 100x100km, 400x400km ... who knows the limit?

Of course that's theory from what we've been told and guessed about streaming terrain. The reality might be, that despite streaming terrain, the limit is a lot smaller. You probably wouldn't be able to increase player/AI numbers on the map to match it's size because of their load either.

Who would want to populate such huge maps with objects, towns, roads? I'd love to play huge maps, but creating one would be a nightmare.

Tell me more about this "streaming terrain" I'm very interested.

What Falcon 4.0 does when modeling a whole theature filled with multiple divisions of troops is only model a limited number of them at a time inteligently (like on the ground under where you're flying). For details outside the player bubble everything is simplified. Whole battalions are treated like a unit, battalion vs battalion combat is done statistically, ect. For example, there could be 10,000 AI on an OFP/ArmA map whatever at the same time, it's just you wouldn't model them as individuals at the same time. This of course gets more complicated as in mutliplayer you might have a bubble around each player, but it's the right concept for truely large scales without supercomputers.

Creating something large like I said would have to rely on a lot of automation, not by-hand artistry. As I've concluded before I'd rather play a good game ona 20x20 island than a crappy game on a 400x400 island.

The vast distance is great dor CTI. It would make recon more valuable. In real war you have to mass your troops and commit to a certain objective. In a small game like BF2, people run from objective to objective and their is no such thing as gaining ground because friendly/enemy positions are literally a stones throw away. Strategy then devolves into mash of manic running, shooting and re-spawning.

--Ben

Yes, time must be had for tactics to have any value.  Time to unfold the plan, time to secure the objective, time to counter-attack.  This is why I'm all for having either a long wait time for re-spawn, no respawn, or long-ish trips back to the place where one died.   None of this die and run back to foil the attack because you know what's happening stuff.

Is is almost time for the interview?

People,

Just think of the major over night or even better over weekend battles of playing CTI or even Objective based multi player type missions.

Of course that is if they are still implimenting " Join while game in Progress).

Countdown 1 minutes. biggrin_o.gif

anybody record the Radio? I do it. than i will upload this file.

With music or without the music? *g*

I also hope it functioned

PS: only for info: I have only DSL 1000 ...

jesus somebody throw them a freakin bone lol, the news was comedy , err hmm errr smile_o.gif.

onto the interview. bloody music in background sad_o.gif.

so far there are none mate, kevbbo had some good questions, but the other 2 never played ofp and dare i say hmm the answers are mostly like ,thats a good question and errr i dont know lol.

the big one about the crossair free aim went down like a lead balloon.

infact just turned it off ,i am embrarassed

written English is better. biggrin_o.gif

> ...can ask by mail i have not understand the adress... ..

anybody ask him about the T80 in Arma ^^ balance

wow, ask from telejunkie biggrin_o.gif

crap! i just started listening and it's ending!! ahhhh

Just got back. Didn't get my question answered and there were a lot of questions about VBS which was not the point of the interview but I still enjoyed it anyway.

Chopping down trees - the person was asking - indirectly - if they would be able to run over trees inside forests in Arma, in lieu of being stopped in their tracks because of the concrete forests like in OFP. So placebo's answer of yes you can chop down trees is somewhat irrelevant.

Just got back. Didn't get my question answered and there were a lot of questions about VBS which was not the point of the interview but I still enjoyed it anyway.

biggrin_o.gif Placebo is coming to add an WL hehe.

It was fun to listen to.

Wow. That was fun, and I'm estatic that I could take part in such a thing.

Some things that I remember from the top of my head:

-Destructable buildings, not all of them are destructable.

-TrackIR will be in vehicles.

-BIS is working closely with the guys at Naturalpoint.

-"Semi-Realistic" flightmodel.

Thanks again, Placebo. It's been an honor biggrin_o.gif.

There was'nt alot of news for the regular OFP-player, but by the sound of it there was tons of it for the mainstream-players.

All in all a very informative interview for the mainstream audience and thats what really matters to widen Arma's horizon.

It was funny when the guys compared BF2/2142 to Arma before asking a question though rofl.gif

Now i'm off to poke Paul with a pointy stick because I'm not happy with the answer I got from my question  pistols.gif

verry damn, my tool is crashed. :/

i have read a File is to download at http://www.esportstv.com

dont know where..

nice Espectro ^^ smile_o.gif

You dont have a job? wink_o.gif

Still on vacation - treating my hangovers from last night.

This is me being bored to day playing with my brand new webcam wink_o.gif