Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

quick editing question:

How do i edit my ffur config so it uses the ACU troops automatically?

How do i change the tracers to bn880's (sp?) tracers?

thanks

The ACU config was meant to come out shortly after 2.0 was released but it has probably been postponed till the patch. If you really want to edit it now, youre going to have to go into config, swap the SoldierWB model and OfficerW model with the acusoldierWB and acuofficerW models. Theres also some other soldiers that will have to be modified - Officer (Night), Medic, Captive and BlackOps

Hmmm... found two exciting issues (or reminded them, if anybody spotted them before)

1. In MP missions CH-47 Chinook respawns buried into ground to rotors... in the fact, missionmakers would have to replace it with Blackhawk (which is sometimes too small). What's incorrect with it?

2. F-16 pilot's point of view... it's innatural and makes this jet very hard to handle. Probably you'll have to raise POV up.

What is interesting, in OFPL Air Pack's F-16 (rkt model too) the pilot's POV is correct.

edt. Just found another thing - do Apache choppers by Franze have emergency rescuing places like Mi-28? If yes, why it wasn't implemented in 2.0 tounge2.gif

spawning under the ground sounds like a bad script. I believe that MFCTI spawns vehicals just above the ground level to prevent such bad spawns.

I think it was a few weeks ago that TB said it would be out in a couple days lol.

@ Sep. 14 2006,21:49)]As said before TB has other things to do besides FFUR.

Unfortunatly a lot of us dont.. tounge2.gif

So can anybody please tell me how to change the tracers to bn880's tracers please?

So can anybody please tell me how to change the tracers to bn880's tracers please?

This is what the event handler line should look like in your'e config-class eventhandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,2]call loadFile""\bn_tracer\addTracerUnit.sqf""";

};

Add in the line for soldiereb, soldierwb, and soldiergb

Hi there,

maybe many asked the same, but tb can you please use the 3d-craters of ecp and some of their explosions, please...

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

greetings

Gastowski1

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay again, I know that the time is getting short, but the patch should be accomplished as soon as I would get the opportunity to put my hands on the stuff again, hopefully the next weekend.

As previously stated, the incoming patch would feature several enhancements, model changes and significant fps improvements (including bug fixes).

The current status of the 'US Models' is quite advanced, they still only need a couple of decent 'wound textures' before being completely finished.

Quote[/b] ]maybe many asked the same, but tb can you please use the 3d-craters of ecp and some of their explosions, please...

The major feature of the incoming patch is the cancellation of several scripts that are not really essential in-game, and which are behind the lag caused in some missions, however, a few scripts would be kept to make almost all of the official/no-official missions the most enjoyable possible.

Quote[/b] ]So can anybody please tell me how to change the tracers to bn880's tracers please?

Unfortunately, BN tracers cause some serious compatibility issues with some of BIS 'scripts', as far as I remember, you might especially notice that with the 4th/5th Resistance missions.

Quote[/b] ]F-16 pilot's point of view... it's innatural and makes this jet very hard to handle. Probably you'll have to raise POV up.

Well seen, this might hopefully be improved.

Quote[/b] ]Just found another thing - do Apache choppers by Franze have emergency rescuing places like Mi-28? If yes, why it wasn't implemented in 2.0

Including new features, scripts, menu actions and other little things are indeed, somehow exciting and make feel the game much different, but please keep in mind that these 'things' are in almost all of the cases, the major source of the lag in-game, our main objective is since a couple of months, to keep the game the smoother possible, though.

Anyways, thank you for your patience and support everyone, stay tuned.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hi TB!

It's not really a big thing but could you change the Peugeot Boxer (I think it is) with a smaller car? It bothers me everytime I start the Resistance campaign (intro) that some camera positions don't work correctly anymore with this car and I can't see Liz during the conversation because there are no windows in the back.

I know it's absolutely not important to the game or the campaign but maybe you'll find some time to do it. Would be great.

Thank you.

I think it's because ACU makes the game unbalanced. Because ACU is such a crap pattern. It's crap in real life, not to mention a game!

I'm in total agreement with this, the ACU pattern does not work in woodland. The army claims it to be universal but, it is hardly that. The only places where the ACU pattern works is in urban, rocky, sandy areas. All the army personel I've seen walking around in them stand out like a sore thumb in front of any green vegitation. If you ask me, I think the marines have it down.

Jup... i think so... ACU is not the best replacement here...

It works in reallife but not in the game!

You see even in green areas it works...

b31992841.jpg

I think it's because ACU makes the game unbalanced.  Because ACU is such a crap pattern.  It's crap in real life, not to mention a game!

I'm in total agreement with this, the ACU pattern does not work in woodland. The army claims it to be universal but, it is hardly that. The only places where the ACU pattern works is in urban, rocky, sandy areas. All the army personel I've seen walking around in them stand out like a sore thumb in front of any green vegitation. If you ask me, I think the marines have it down.

Well, I suppose it's good no one asked you. ACU works fine for me, in real life, and in flashpoint, because afterall, is it really that hard to tell an OFP charachter wearing ACU or desert or bright orange, the ground is barren...it's really not that big of a deal

Quote[/b] ]Just found another thing - do Apache choppers by Franze have emergency rescuing places like Mi-28? If yes, why it wasn't implemented in 2.0

Including new features, scripts, menu actions and other little things are indeed, somehow exciting and make feel the game much different, but please keep in mind that these 'things' are in almost all of the cases, the major source of the lag in-game, our main objective is since a couple of months, to keep the game the smoother possible, though.

The cargo positions on Apache aren't scripted, they use the default "get in back" function from FP.

I've made Thunderbird a watered down version of our AH-64A and AH-64D to simplify it and reduce it's guzzling of system resources, so don't look for complex features from it in FFUR. If you want those features, you can just install version 1.33 of the aircraft. Of course, TB might add some features when he implements it. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]s it really that hard to tell an OFP charachter wearing ACU or desert or bright orange, the ground is barren...it's really not that big of a deal

Try to replace BIS eastern guys with the RHS ones and say that again whistle.gif

To me it makes a lot of difference.

Quote[/b] ]s it really that hard to tell an OFP charachter wearing ACU or desert or bright orange, the ground is barren...it's really not that big of a deal

Try to replace BIS eastern guys with the RHS ones and say that again whistle.gif

To me it makes a lot of difference.

RHS guys blend in WAY better.

yea but this is the 2006 mod and america now fields ACU however hard that is to re create in ofp sad_o.gif

The cargo positions on Apache aren't scripted, they use the default "get in back" function from FP.

I've made Thunderbird a watered down version of our AH-64A and AH-64D to simplify it and reduce it's guzzling of system resources, so don't look for complex features from it in FFUR. If you want those features, you can just install version 1.33 of the aircraft. Of course, TB might add some features when he implements it.  wink_o.gif

Good to read  thumbs-up.gif  I remember FFURCTI games where firing your rockets and hellfires at enemy base caused 5 minutes long constant lag...

Well, I'm thinking now about 'harmless' aircraft explode script (high delayed loop and only few debris parts) so it could be used in MP missions without lags.  whistle.gif

When i play FFUR in multiplayer i can't see the mision briefing and map

I just see a silver square in front of the screen

Does any one know why ?

When i play FFUR in multiplayer i can't see the mision briefing and map

I just see a silver square in front of the screen

Does any one know why ?

It's some texture aspect ratio bug, it's fixed in the next patch.

b31992841.jpg

No, ACU doesn't work, for me anyway.  The colour sticks out in that picture too.  Even so, that's not even "Woodland" area.  Try ACU in proper woodland or bush environment, and see what you get!  But we should have it in FFUR, because that's what the U.S Army uses.  We can't change reality.

The pest patterns ever made IMO are these:

1. Russian KZM/2-piece "computer pattern" suit.

2. "Bushland" Auscam

3. Crye Multicam.

Any Yes, I have all 4 sets. (well...replicas, anyway)

Seeing as you obviously know everything there is to know about my army, my uniform working or not, and all of these other patterns, do tell me why the US Army chose the ACU over MarPat (which was originally developed for the army, and changed to marines) and multicam?

Auscam whoops ass, IMHO (little bit of bias - see sig).

On topic, ACU is VERY VERY hard to replicate in OFP. I should know. Why are people even arguing about this when there is the (unrealistic but necessary) choice to have BDU in OFP? Those who like BDU, keep it. Those who want ACU, switch configs. Debate over.