Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Great mod, but several issues (no bugs thumbs-up.gif )

- Armor values for the T-80 are exactly the same as for the T-90. Makes some missions a lot harder, as all Russian tanks are basically top of the line and hard to kill.

- As mentioned before, give any AI soldier a weapon and they all become 500m+ snipers. I've been sniped by a guys with AKs over 200 m away, while I was prone, with one shot...and this was at night.

- It would be amazing if you included Franz's LOBL/LOAL/Direct Hellfire scripts with his AH-64D. Wouldn't affect gameplay at all, only for the player and his squad-mates.

Thunderbird, team, and all the other mod contributeors to FFUR 2006, I just don't know how to thank you enough. This is the best best mod for Operation Flashpoint - Ever! Thank you so much for the hard work. You really affect my gaming life in a good way. Thank you again.

Can people stop b***. This is a very good mod, and I don't see issues that really affect gamesplay in a big way, so please give the mod makers credit and a break - they do all this hardwork for free after all. This kind of attitude is a real turn-off for a lot of people who spent alot of countless hours to help entertain us.

Those who said you get sniped by an AK in this mod, I just ran a map with enemies at every corner, by the mountains and stuff and it took me a good 15 minutes before I was shot. I even ran Battlefield singler player as a test, and didn't get sniped with an AK.

Quote[/b] ]Can people stop b***. This is a very good mod,and I don't see issues that really affect gamesplay in a big way, so please give the mod makers credit and a break - they do all this hardwork for free after all. This kind of attitude is a real turn-off for a lot of people who spent alot of countless hours to help entertain us.

Firstly, if people were b*tching, you b*tching about people who b*tch is really gonna get all that to stop icon_rolleyes.gif

And secondly, the mayor and only residence of b*tch-ville is *you*.

Quote[/b] ]Those who said you get sniped by an AK in this mod, I just ran a map with enemies at every corner, by the mountains and stuff and it took me a good 15 minutes before I was shot. I even ran Battlefield singler player as a test, and didn't get sniped with an AK.

Wow, so *you* didn't get shot at. That hardly disproves the things *other* people have experienced.

BTW, FFUR team, again, great mod.

This -is- a great mod as I stated in my post, but the AI is too over the top for -me-. The nice outcome of this is I've learned how to port stuff over from FFUR into ECP, like the huge gas tank explosion and models so now I'm just going to mod together my own ECP config. It wont have all the bells and whistles as FFUR currently has, but it'll suit my tastes.

Hats off to these guys, this is a mamoth conversion, and I'm going to miss the sniper rifle that's in this pack. ZOMG you have that thing tweaked perfectly.

...And that Captain Smeg guy on the last page had me laughing. tounge2.gif

@D-scythe I don't think it really matters if it's day or night, AI just doesn't care, they can shoot through bushes without problems.

Hi! This is a great MOD! lovely! but I wonder if those things i found out is really meant to happen:

1. If you try to eject in the air of a chinook, you wil not have your parachute! like: you eject out from the chinook, and your parachute is not fitted on you! it is like standing beside you, and you fall to the ground and die, because the parachute was not on you.

2. The "AH-64D Longbow" does not have the rotorwash effect, but the "AH-64A Apache" have.

So it would be great if you could fix those, or at least tell me why it happend, I hope it is not because my instalation is not 100% complete sad_o.gif

I will report more strange thing, if I find them smile_o.gif

A great MOD!!! yay.gif

Can people stop b***. This is a very good mod, and I don't see issues that really affect gamesplay in a big way, so please give the mod makers credit and a break - they do all this hardwork for free after all. This kind of attitude is a real turn-off for a lot of people who spent alot of countless hours to help entertain us.

Those who said you get sniped by an AK in this mod, I just ran a map with enemies at every corner, by the mountains and stuff and it took me a good 15 minutes before I was shot. I even ran Battlefield singler player as a test, and didn't get sniped with an AK.

Ha, we would all be still in the middle ages if everyone thought like you. Reporting bugs is not a personal attack against the devs you fool.

Serious Bug: The briefing screen in multiplayer has a HUGE grey box covering the whole screen.

Pilots on East side occassionally have big triangles coming out of their heads.

It might just be me but I think FFUR invited some trolls to the forums. Just look at all these pointless, rude, and offensive posts in this thread.

i mentioned dis earlier but no response but, my question 2 ffur will u guys do a 2012 pack???
Firstly, if people were b*tching, you b*tching about people who b*tch is really gonna get all that to stop icon_rolleyes.gif

And secondly, the mayor and only residence of b*tch-ville is *you*.

Just some examples.  goodnight.gif

- Armor values for the T-80 are exactly the same as for the T-90. Makes some missions a lot harder, as all Russian tanks are basically top of the line and hard to kill.

You're sure? I've tested M1A2 vs T80 and it takes 2 shells to disable/destroy the T80. After that I tested M1A2 vs T90 and it takes at least 4 shells to disable and 5 to destroy it. icon_rolleyes.gif

great work guys! really great!

i was just wondering, if there are any servers where i can play with this modification?!

........wooow..,what a long list of improvements-i only can imagine how hard was to do that (now u can finally take a deserved rest)...... thumbs-up.gif

FFUR 2006 was good (for me not better than Woodland) but as i can see this blows all the previouse packs off.

I like new realism and gameplay improvements.....now just to download and test it. (hope that will hit me hard again pistols.gif )

Thx again notworthy.gif

Great, great amazing mod, that's for sure smile_o.gif

Only problem I have, is that the enemy AI aims too good... 300 meters away and they only need about 3 shots to kill me...

there is a bug on russian machingunner kord 12,7, i know this isnt ffur bug but can anybody explain why i cant snipe gunners on m113

Yes, the improved AI ruins many campaign missions, because they are finetuned for the standart AI. Besides that this FFUR mod is top notch as allways. thumbs-up.gif

i dont kno y ppl r complaining bout the enemy taking u down frm +500 meters away i thk it makes the mod relistic unless u guys stay in 1 spot and start shooting like a maniac the trick is 2 b constantly moving frm cover 2 cover and i completed the mission wthout being hit once and i had 12 squads vs another 12 squads and i only target enemys my leader has given me but it is true at night tho

oh i 4got 1 tiny problem wth planes wen landing they overshoot the runway and crash into the sea and plus is their script which makes an ai plane taxi their planes cos wen multiple planes r landing they block the runway and crash into each other

*faints*

14 pages, hasn't got my question answered yet.

Feels like I'm calling some support...

Don't recall seeing it mentioned so far so I'll say it to be safe.

animations for Mounted guns is still weird. if you use CBT HMMWV's for example you'll notice on the TOW HMMWV or 240B that the player avatar is rotated 90 degrees left and sunk down a bit. Also the ZU-23 that came with BAS's Tonal OPFOR pack is affected.

it seems like perhaps FFUR is suppressing 3rd party addons custom animations? Seems fine if a default animation is used.

Take a lookey.

NoFFUR.jpg

FFUR.jpg

aside from the MP grey briefing screen I think this is one of the biggest bugs present. No CTD's as of yet and I havent run into any other bugs that cause any big gameplay issues. Also FFUR seems to be performing much better.

Great Job overall TB and crew smile_o.gif

P.S. did you change your mind about adding M203 and GP25 Vests again? (Yeah, I'm still on that crusade) We were looking forward to their return. I'm aware that some people don't like the idea because of OFP's frag effects in urban areas, but if not added to default soldiers at least adding them to the Magazine List for mission makers to choose from would be awesome. after all buildings only make up a small part of OFP's terrain and not all of us like to play in the streets biggrin_o.gif

Again, thank's for all the effort, revitalizing OFP for us doesn't go unappreciated.

I'm not having the 90 degree and sitting issue- I'm using FFUR 2.0 on a fresh installation of Flashpoint (GOTY) edition.

I noticed that the combination of the Original Flashpoint and Resistance addon are buggy versus the GOTY even if they have the same version number. GOTY however is missing the grende launcher reload sound.

I have a solution for the grey brefing screen. Only delete your resource.cpp from your bin folder and you haven´t any grey screen.

But backup your resource.cpp.

mayb these probs ppl r having wld b fixed if u reinstal ofp and install ffur again then probs shld hopefully go away at the moment my ffur is clean as a whistle lucky me

i know this isnt ffur bug but can anybody explain why i cant snipe gunners on m113

Because the gunner proxy was not added to the fire-geometry LOD in O2. It's actually a very easy 'fix' if you know how to work with O2.

It would also be nice if the cargo-doors on the Mi-24 would automaticly open when you hover low above the ground (activated by the same trigger as the landing gear for example). May be it's just me, but that would look very cool to me.