Sign in to follow this  
Timblesink

Company of Heroes

Is anyone else going to get CoH when it comes out? I'm mega-looking forward to it. For anyone who doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about, look here: Company of Heroes on IGN

All I can say after watching some in-game footage is... wow. And it's by Relic, too, so you know it's good.

Guest Ti0n3r

Damn, I had almost forgot about that game. Thanks for the link

Looks neat*! Let´s hope the AI doesn´t need excessive micromanagement and the building get more destructable and voilŕ- perfect SHoWW2 alternative, gotta try the demo.

*more like "omfg" after watching the gameplay1 trailer<span id='ME'><center>Mr Burns put´s SLI on wishlist</center></span>

Looks kinda fun, but why ALL bullets and grenades leave tracers is beyond me. And the sniper rifle fires like a rail gun... Shame, because the other aspects of the game appear to be quite promising.

I love the WW2 game naming conventions too.

Company of Heros?

Someone ought to make a ww2 game name generator, I wonder what combos you'd come up with.

Band of Soliders

Group of Brothers

Platoon of Comrades

ect...

....cmon, some originality in your WW2 games name please. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Axis and Allies, now that was a good title.

....cmon, some originality in your WW2 games name please.  icon_rolleyes.gif

How about "Unplayable Crap"? At least it would be honest. wink_o.gif

Any WWII games set in 1939-40?

Looks like more generic, flashy Americans-vs-Germans-in-Normandy crap to me. Call me jaded.

This game remindes me on Brothers in Arms,although this is RTS game ,but like i said very similar to BiA. Could be interesting.

Any WWII games set in 1939-40?

Uh.. I think the german campaigns in blitzkrieg RTS games usually started there and there even was a winter war tutorial scenario for soviets(!wink_o.gif. And of course there's always hearts of iron 2:dd for those 1936-1952 sessions. yay.gif

...and let's not forget Combat Missions: From Barbarossa to Berlin. For those who enjoy truly hardcore tactical combat...

Company of Heros?

Someone ought to make a ww2 game name generator, I wonder what combos you'd come up with.

Band of Soliders

Group of Brothers

Platoon of Comrades

ect...

haha they all of aswell

Call of Duty

Medal of honour

Reminds me of Indiana Jones for some reason. I am taking this game is supposed to be a fast paced type of game? I saw it awhile back and still looks interesting.

Yea looks like there going for the more fun frantic action approach rather then ultra hard realism. Witch i supose is a change from most other WW2 games 'claiming' to be realistic. Hence the rail gun sniper rifles and tracers in every round fired for eye candy.

I might take a look when a demo is out, looks kinda fun.

I'm thinking it's going to be like Soldiers: HoWWII, but on a larger scale, and not so micro-micro-micro-managmentish. Anyone who's played Soldiers will know what I'm talking about with micro-micro-micro-management.

Maybe like DoD:S the RTS =D

Company of Heros?

Band of Soliders

Group of Brothers

Platoon of Comrades

ect...

haha they all of aswell

Call of Duty

Medal of honour

Hidden and Dangerous icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, but that game was actually sort of original wink_o.gif

Company of Heros?

Band of Soliders

Group of Brothers

Platoon of Comrades

ect...

haha they all of aswell

Call of Duty

Medal of honour

Hidden and Dangerous  icon_rolleyes.gif

Did i ask you to extend my list? wink_o.giftounge2.gif

I'm thinking it's going to be like Soldiers: HoWWII, but on a larger scale, and not so micro-micro-micro-managmentish. Anyone who's played Soldiers will know what I'm talking about with micro-micro-micro-management.

Maybe like DoD:S the RTS =D

Well, that was the reason I played Soldiers. I loved that micro-micro-management.

CoH looks like a successor of Soldiers, but I don't know, actually Faces of War should have been that.

It had it´s benefits, ok - rambo´ing down whole maps with a single soldier during hours comes to mind..but there also were maps that required quick and efficient ordering, which was nearly impossible w/o learning the map.

FoW looked cool, if there only were any news about it confused_o.gif

btw: browsing soldiers stuff once again i noticed theres an enemy ahead alpha released, gotta have a try at that sometime thumbs-up.gif

It just includes our half-finished infantry, but if you want to have some modern setting, give it a try. About Faces of War, latest news are from June 14th, a new release date: August 2006.

I doublechecked CoH, and it seems quite similar to FoW. In general it looks really like a successor of Soldiers, as do FoW and Silent Heroes.

I think this sounds like a hell of alot fun.

It's been a while since ive seen a really good RTS (Starcraft anyone!?).

Let's see if we can get some fun and hard battles in this game as well..

The good thing about starcraft is, that its easy to learn, but it takes years to master.