Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

YOU are the one who make football 'not attractive', not

the teams themselves - think about it.

The "players" going to ground every time they touch/brush/pass each other is what is making football (at this level at least) unattractive.

I can go to the local stadium and watch the Lincoln Imps play any number of local or national teams, and not one dive is to be seen. Because these guys play for the love, cause its sure as hell not the money. confused_o.gif

YOU are the one who make football 'not attractive', not

the teams themselves - think about it.

The "players" going to ground every time they touch/brush/pass each other is what is making football (at this level at least) unattractive.

I can go to the local stadium and watch the Lincoln Imps play any number of local or national teams, and not one dive is to be seen. Because these guys play for the love, cause its sure as hell not the money. confused_o.gif

Actually, watching football on a low level is often as fun, if not even more fun than watching certain big teams. In lower levels they play football more like it's meant to be played; hard tackles, high tempo, dare to attack and not many dives. If I were to choose between rugby-like football (i.e tough football) or the oh-watch-my-beautiful-hair-football, I'd go for the tough one.

Garcia - i think we should end our discussion here - you're

trying to put my reply into pieces and answering in a way

to make me look like the idiot here, but you are not happy

with the WC - i am, whoever play in the final i'll be fine with

it and even more: however they came there - at the end

they will have deserved it.

If you don't like WC then don't watch it - i could now put lots of your posts in the past two days together, but i'm getting bored of that, and for sure everyone else too  confused_o.gif

I'm gonna watch the final - prolly you not, because for you

it'll be a boring game - well cya 2010 in ArmA off topic

complaining about boring Italians and whoever will start to

adopt this boring successful tactics.  notworthy.gif

Allez les Bleus - vaj vaj Azzuri

:edit - just added a comma on the right place

~S~ CD

A tough game, a VERRRRRY stressfull second half, a dominated French middle field balanced by an excellent defense, less Champagne than for the quarter final because we won thanks to courage more than tactic and dexterity and finally i think we're really missing Djibril Cissé in this WC....

But,

let's do the banana dance again :  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

En route for the final, the last 90 minutes where Zizou will officially play football  confused_o.gif

Lol some players of Portugal should have had a card with that anoying fake dives espcially with that corner shot were 2 guys just fel to the ground and started screaming backed up ofcourse by the coach. wink_o.gif Glad France won this match.

France-Italy final i think.

That's unfortunately going to be true. France will find a way to somehow (with the assist of the ref eventually) sneak past Portugal icon_rolleyes.gif

man I hate to be RIGHT!

So you mean when a player gets fouled in penalty box,

the ref should look to the nice Portugesian women up in

the seats - or what?

a healthy man doesn't fall down JUST like that... there was only a little if any contact. the same goes with the 1/4 final against spain when henry ran over the spaniard and got a scoring free kick for that. I could talk about the semi-final back in 2000 but I don't believe in favoritism right?

by normal reaction you must mean that if one feels a little touch he should go down like he was shot between the eyes?

hey? crazy_o.gif

Henry just has his foot completely blocked by the portuguese defender. HE WAS going for the ball, just couldn't because he was blocked. Even without the acting, he would have been stopped. And it was a situation where he would clearly have been alone vs Ricardo, ie huge scoring opportunity. Ofc, there is a penalty shot.

Exactly like there was contact, and a penalty shot for Spain, in Spain-France match, perfectly valid.

Now, talking about players diving as soon as they feel someone touching them, I'll point at C. Ronaldo and Costiga, sry.

Pffff, Ronaldo. He could easily have been man of the match. He could have saved his team. 2 or 3 times. But he fell, and failed. I don't feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for Portugal because overall they deserved it as much as we did, and it was very close, but Ronaldo... Seriously...

predictionleague4be.jpg

C'mon Italy!!!

How exciting, if Italy win the world cup I win the prediction league, if France wins then Thunderbird wins the prediction league smile_o.gif

Well, I don't know what to think about this match. It was ok I guess. Most of all I'm glad Portugal doesn't get rewarded for this kind of behaviour, but I wasn't thrilled about France either. If Italy plays like they did against Germany, they have my support.

Anyway, pity to say Fifa hold such different standards for refereeing once we get into the semis confused_o.gif

Why was Friengs (or something like that) punished for sth that was delivered by an Italian press and right before the match with Italians? Would you call it fairplay? How come no other camera or TV station or the the victim of that fight remember the german doing that.

That's quite a silly lie.

FIFA rules are clear: only images owned by FIFA itself can be used for punishing players, so those images were already in FIFA hands (can someone really thinks the contrary?), buuuut they didn't "noticed" 'em before someone else showed 'em repeatedly on TV networks.

Klavan

I think Ronaldo should change his proffesion, such an acting talent gone to waste on the football field!

That game was funny to watch only because of how often the portugese would trip for NO reason. It was hilarious when one of them fell on the ground eventhough the french player wasn't even close. Seriously though the refs should give instant red card for acting, Ronaldo based his entire game around convincing the refree to give a penalty kick.

GO FRANCE! GO ZIDANE!!!

Garcia - i think we should end our discussion here - you're

trying to put my reply into pieces and answering in a way

to make me look like the idiot here, but you are not happy

with the WC - i am, whoever play in the final i'll be fine with

it and even more: however they came there - at the end

they will have deserved it.

If you don't like WC then don't watch it - i could now put lots of your posts in the past two days together, but i'm getting bored of that, and for sure everyone else too  confused_o.gif

I'm gonna watch the final - prolly you not, because for you

it'll be a boring game - well cya 2010 in ArmA off topic

complaining about boring Italians and whoever will start to

adopt this boring successful tactics.  notworthy.gif

Allez les Bleus - vaj vaj Azzuri

:edit - just added a comma on the right place

~S~ CD

Indeed, we should. And just to point this out for you, you are the one making up problems and creating the discussion. I've got no problem with the WC,like you somehow seem to imagine yourself, the WC have been fun to watch, as I've already said. I've got a problem with Italy. Sure, both France and Italy have deserved to get to the final, but I would rather see any other country in the final than Italy. Italy have been sucessful in their tactics and are therefor in the final, and that last 2 matches that Italy has played have been fun, I just wish they would play like that (especially like they did vs germany in the extra time) more often. And I don't watch the WC when I find the match boring. And I will watch the final, even though it might be boring, simply because it is a game that you just have to watch, even though you almost fall asleep during it.

Quote[/b] ]I think Ronaldo should change his proffesion, such an acting talent gone to waste on the football field!

I guess you could randomly choose one player from the WC, and the chance of that player being a diver is too big. Unfortunatly it's often pays to dive. Wish FIFA would start doing something about it. There must be some way they can use videos to give divers some sort of punishment. After some time people would stop diving...1 yellow card for each dive would stop the diving yay.gif

Some do it way more often than others, though, Garcia.

And I'm glad this diving cost them the final, cause really, at least 2 goal situations were wasted by diving. Thank you Ronaldo & Costiga, we owe you a worldcup final. (well, Thuram played his part too tounge2.gif )

Of course some do it more than others, but too many of the professional players do it often. That's one place where english players are good, they don't dive very much compared to players from other leagues. Like Rooney, I don't like the guy much (mainly because I don't like Man U wink_o.gif ), but at least he doesn't dive (though stepping on another mans nuts is quite bad whistle.gif )

That's what i also said few posts of mine before - english

players stay upright longest.

One man has to be mentioned also here: Pavel Nedved

who once was going to the referee which gave a penalty

because of a foul on Nedved in penalty box and he told

the ref that it wasn't a foul and then the penalty was canceled. What a sportsman.

~S~ CD

Watching Portugal vs France was funny as hell...Everytime Ronaldo would get ball there was loud "boo" sound....just awesome yay.gifnener.gif

congrats france!! after some intense 90min, we couldnt score a dam goal.i can only blame scolari for taking 60min to take out pauleta. i think nuno gomes its much better then postiga, but he's the boss...

about the penalti...no doubt carvalho touched henry (not intencional), and henry just prooved my theory. experience of letting his body fall down when he felt his foot being touched. i want to believe that the referee would call a penalty if the situation was inverse. if ronaldo or figo got touched in the french area, i hope he would give a penalty. but we'll never know.

last night i got really pissed with ronaldo and specially postiga diving all the time. but they had their punishing (not going to the final). about scollari... felt ashamed for his words on the end of the game. he blames the ref for the result. bad loser excuses...at least he's brazilian, so he doesnt speaks for the portuguese plp. nobody i know complains the ref.

so now we'll play against germany on saturday...hope that we had a good game to entertain!

so like i sayd i would be here congratulating france without any heartfeeling. maybe all the england suporters should do the same by the time portugal won them. fair play is something that i apreciate, so here r my 2cents.

congrats again france, and good luck on the final.

(congrats to zidane, and to his brillant carrer. the figo/zidane hug on the end was a good moment of sportship)

@ July 06 2006,16:43)]maybe all the england suporters should do the same by the time portugal won them.

If Portugal played fair, won games purely by playing well, rather than how well they can dive and cheat nobody would be complaining, England lost to France 1st game of Euro 2004, nobody was complaining about France because France played fair. England lost to Brazil in World Cup 2002, nobody complained about Brazil because Brazil played fair. English fans complain about teams that cheat because to us Football isn't played that way.

I wouldn't call Rooney's way "fair" confused_o.gif

He's possibly not fair, but at least he doesn't dive by the breath of another player...

Yes but Rooney was maybe a little Bit nervous after several provocations. One thing is sure, he likes to play football.

@Blackjack : thanks for your fair, but to be honest, I'm afraid (maybe i'm wrong) that Ref call the penalty to "compensate" the free kick which was not called for the fault against Zidane.

I'm a little Bit frustrated because after this penalty, we used strong "last line" defense and never counter attack. So it was efficient but very ugly.

Thank you Ronaldo & Costiga, we owe you a worldcup final. (well, Thuram played his part too tounge2.gif )

I really don't get why Ronaldo does these blatant dives as he is an excellent player. And it's not like anybody falls for the acting.

IMO he (possibly shared with Thuram) was the best player of the match.

I wouldn't call Rooney's way "fair" confused_o.gif

Accidentally standing on someone and being incorrectly sent off for "stamping"? Yes I wouldn't call that fair either wink_o.gif

But seriously the only flaw Rooney has is to get a little overheated from time to time, that's what men do sometimes when they get the testosterone and adrenaline building up, he doesn't throw himself to the ground as if he's been shot because an opposing defender happened to sneeze on him banghead.gifsmile_o.gif

I really don't get why Ronaldo does these blatant dives as he is an excellent player. And it's not like anybody falls for the acting.

I've watched all of the Portugal matches this tournament, and the only thing I saw was Mr Ronaldo being given the ball, starting to walk slowly, then he accelerates towards the corner area, then he tries to get the ball in front of his right foot to shoot at the goal. If that doesn't work he falls down.

In that aspect he is the same as Robben, just as useless, his actions rarely benefit his team. And Robben is hated in England too for his constant diving.

Alot of show, zero result.

About english fans i must admit:

A few years ago (well maybe even more than just a few)

i've been watching a game of a german club agains Liverpool

me thinks. I'm not entirely sure if it was Bayern Munich, but

they won 5:0 in Liverpool and english fans were totally fair

and were loud celebrating the good performance of the

german team. That was really impressive to me those days. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD