Sign in to follow this  
Serbian Delight

Armed Assault Video E3 Presentation

Guest Ti0n3r

That's one fucked up website.

wow m8 thanks nice find

its the presentation from e3 wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Is it something different than the trailer?

16 minutes of gameplay wink_o.gif

16 minutes of gameplay, but sniper and tank sights almost all the time. A little bit boring. Nothing new on the comments I think.

The best of all is the Super Cobra sequence. But i´m still wondering: what the hell is doing a Super Cobra in the Army? crazy_o.gif

And I like the new animations, very well done.

Nice find.

Watching that, seeing it inaction, is much better than watching a Trailer or looking at screenshots.

Nice that you can use "videos/cutscenes" in the briefing.

I think I heard the narrator mention "3 months of work to go" or something like that.

great vid. cleared up alot of my worrys about the game :-)

I loved it. Nothing to moan about that hasn't already been moaned about (AI and centred aim). smile_o.gif

Nice animations!! inlove.gif

Everything was cool except the AI. I mean, they were nice, but I'd run like hell when I know a sniper is there to shoot me.

"sometimes it can rain, it can be fucking?"  tounge2.gif

I dont know who was talking all the time, but he was really hard to understand and it didnt sound like his english was very good (eeeeh..., eeeh...), wich didnt give a really good impression confused_o.gif

Game seems nice though, AI looked a bit more agressive (not laying on the ground all the time, but running forward, even when being shot at (while before they just went lying on the ground, waiting for that sniper to kill them) (14th minute))

Shame that the crosshair is locked in the middle of the screen, i really hope this is still moddable  confused_o.gif

Anims look very good, altough im not sure if there still is a walking-running-sprinting speed, it looked more like "speedbetweenwalkingandruningwhilestillaiming"-sprinting wink_o.gif

EDIT: What are you all wining about the AI? They stopped lying down on places where there is no cover, thats what we want right?  tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

A note; The centerd aim can be turned on/off in the cadet/veteran menu. wink_o.gif

Nice movie. I really like the animations of the units and the terrain.

But its kind of sad to see such a AI. While the AI of flashpoint was advanced 5 years ago. Its far from impressive these days. Specially regarding close combat and team support/communication. I think BIS really should take another look at the AI before they decide to ship AA in 2 months.

Nice movie. I really like the animations of the units and the terrain.

But its kind of sad to see such a AI. While the AI of flashpoint was advanced 5 years ago. Its far from impressive these days. Specially regarding close combat and team support/communication. I think BIS really should take another look at the AI before they decide to ship AA in 2 months.

I agree, when he switched to the gunner you could see the AI just standing there in front on the tank not hidding or taking cover at all. smile_o.gif

IMO the OFP AI is still ok, turn up the leaders skill to 1, put 2 squads in front of eachother and see what happens. They will lay down, some people will go forward while the others just fire at the enemy (providing cover). Together with with sentry/guard waypoint so they call reinforments and tadaa! Not bad AI, there are alot of newer games with AI that isnt this good, especially in such unscripted/dynamic situations. I dont see such AI in many games so im still fairly happy. They just need to learn to look after themselfs, and take cover, instead of just dieing wink_o.gif

@Ti0n3r; Thats good to know, thanks smile_o.gif

nice video, whoa there will be rivers! smile_o.gif nice anims too.

The ground looks almost 10 x better than ofp thumbs-up.gif

I can't wait to test the new game inside and out.

The problem BIS will have is that AI is probably the biggest CPU eater. Really good AI can be done, but it will bring the computer to its knees. Lesser AI allows for all the other bits and bobs we want. AI is better is some other games, but they don't have the other CPU overheads like a 400 km2 map!

nice video, whoa there will be rivers! smile_o.gif

Rivers? Not watched it all yet but I only saw inlets, nothing on a gradient. sad_o.gif

One observation/complaint is that the transition between different animations can be a little too quick. They could be a little slower/smoother.