Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

id like to submit my complaints about low FPS on normal tank missions when using it as a replacment, just reading the "dont place more the one tank on the map and you shoul dbe fine" is enough to make me go "wtf???" but it all depends on what u consider low spec.

that aside: i cant even complain about that. it seems when i go to unpbo it using unpbo or PBOX it give me an error. i cant even see the config to find out what i need to change... so uh wtf?

Looks very nice and some of the features are pretty cool (not so much a fan of 'eye candy' features like suspension but yeah) but it's a shame that only one at a time can be used if you have anything but the latest machine confused_o.gif

Not very realistic for tank battles with just one on the field

I was thinking of replacing the FFUR Abrams with this one but I shan't be doing that now

First of all, thank you. Firing MPAT at night at an empty T72 makes an old tankie very happy. The noise, tracer, and distant crack and explosion is just like firing HESH from a Chieftain, Challenger or Challenger 2. I can almost smell the cordite, taste the fried egg sandwich and rum laced tea of ranges…

Beautiful

Only real problem I can see is turning out from the drivers cab I get this.

[im]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tankieboy/M1A2v.jpg[/img]

Glad you like it. Do you get this always or only sometimes? Raptor had the same bug one time but it disappeared.

Got it today also.

love your tanks man...

got a bit of a problem though, im still runing this up with ECP crew but not for sure its there new patch or ure tank...

This error comes up after firing the sabo.. i can only say i saw this when using ECP 1.085E, They think its ure tank.. im not sure what to think, what do you think?

well.. get back to me

bug.jpg

Righto,

just tested this baby, gorgeous btw  smile_o.gif .

Now, that code error has nothing to do with ECP. I reproduced the same error using ECP 1.085, ECP 1.085e and more importantly Vanilla OFP RES (no mods).

To reproduce the error simply fire a sabot round as close to yourself as you can on the ground (I did this on desert island). When you hit the ground away from your position you will get no error, but hit the ground close to yourself and you will get the error. This is consistant for me in Vanilla OFP.

Perhaps this is due to failure of point of impact acquisition due to close proximity? Maybe the drop code fails to get the object origin? At any rate its a small issue, top job on this baby!

Zay

Superb addon  smile_o.gif

The only thing is bugging me when i talked to King Homer it sounded like we had found a balance between his and our tanks and now one of these beasts alone can take on 2-3 of our T80U series  huh.gif

On the old one there was at least a tiny chance one of ours could defeat it at a 1:1 battle.

Btw the fact that the gun can be loaded in seconds doesnt mean every single loader can load it that fast and especially not after several shots within a few mins... or i smell a plot here... they are robots ^^

love your tanks man...

got a bit of a problem though, im still runing this up with ECP crew but not for sure its there new patch or ure tank...

This error comes up after firing the sabo.. i can only say i saw this when using ECP 1.085E, They think its ure tank.. im not sure what to think, what do you think?

well.. get back to me

bug.jpg

Righto,

just tested this baby, gorgeous btw smile_o.gif .

Now, that code error has nothing to do with ECP. I reproduced the same error using ECP 1.085, ECP 1.085e and more importantly Vanilla OFP RES (no mods).

To reproduce the error simply fire a sabot round as close to yourself as you can on the ground (I did this on desert island). When you hit the ground away from your position you will get no error, but hit the ground close to yourself and you will get the error. This is consistant for me in Vanilla OFP.

Perhaps this is due to failure of point of impact acquisition due to close proximity? Maybe the drop code fails to get the object origin? At any rate its a small issue, top job on this baby!

Zay

Not had a problem with sabot, but MPAT at less than 100m at a target gives me this error, I will test some more with other rounds. I thought there was a problem with STAFF rounds not working, turns out they work over 1000m and looks cool aswell.

Then it’s your stupidity firing a tank round at such a close target. It should be scripted that you run around the battlefield with blood poring from your ears just for thinking it.

That did not help, however why not brass them up with the coax and get some distance.

Then it’s your stupidity firing a tank round at such a close target. It should be scripted that you run around the battlefield with blood poring from your ears just for thinking it.

That did not help, however why not brass them up with the coax and get some distance.

yes i know how stupid it is to be that close to enemy troops while in armour, but my wingmen are to stupid not to and someone gotta watch their arse cause they dont smile_o.gif Only reason I am doing it, is because AI wont stay back and use its advantage properly, it wants to close with the enemy and get blowen up by rpg's rofl.gif and when this happens i get this error. To bad we cant use that ma duce on top eh smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]To bad we cant use that ma duce on top eh

Yeah that is a shame.

I wanted to know if the coax fires that slow IRL?

i got a CTD when fireing a STAFF round on a enemy tank (BIS T80)

no error given. distance, about 1500m

just used plain OFP, no mods

i only tested once yet, but atleast it´s something to keep your eyes on wink_o.gif

Hello!

I just downloaded this stuff and it's awesome -- it roars like a tank, it looks like a tank, it feels like a tank... only tastes like screen statics whistle.gif. However, I suppose, as a matter of realism, the loader's shout should not be played when nobody's inside the tank. Also, it would be really nice to see the rounds not being loaded when there's no loader or he's dead.

But I'm actually replying because of the "ECP issue", which, in fact, is a issue of the addon. From my experience with projectile handling, I guessed the problem might be handling bullets that no longer exist. This happens when we run a script instead of a function, since there's a slight time gap between sending data to a script and executing it. During that time, the round hits the ground and disappears, leaving only its crater.

Therefore, I decrypted* the archive and concluded my guesses were correct:

INQ_M1_SABOT_explode.sqs<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(!isnull _bull): _gp = getpos _bull,_dir = getdir _bull;goto "SABOT"

In the situation described before, the script skips the above code as _bull is already a null object. In this way, _gp and _dir won't be assigned to any values, thus causing the error.

Anyway, you may have already found this, so I'm leaving it anyway so that such bugs can be avoided in future addons from other addons makers.

That's it. Thanks very much for this masterpiece and keep up the good work!

* Eh, eh, eh... You don't fool me that easily. nener.gif

Nice job guys, the tank looks great.

I have been getting an error message as well, and I have never got around to downloading ECP.

Error_Message.jpg

Realy Nice biggrin_o.gif

Perfect Tanks, thanks for those great Addons.

You can also download it from the best german OFP Site tounge2.gif

Thanks and greetings

Imutep

OFP.4players.de

Hello!

I just downloaded this stuff and it's awesome -- it roars like a tank, it looks like a tank, it feels like a tank... only tastes like screen statics whistle.gif. However, I suppose, as a matter of realism, the loader's shout should not be played when nobody's inside the tank. Also, it would be really nice to see the rounds not being loaded when there's no loader or he's dead.

But I'm actually replying because of the "ECP issue", which, in fact, is a issue of the addon. From my experience with projectile handling, I guessed the problem might be handling bullets that no longer exist. This happens when we run a script instead of a function, since there's a slight time gap between sending data to a script and executing it. During that time, the round hits the ground and disappears, leaving only its crater.

Therefore, I decrypted* the archive and concluded my guesses were correct:

INQ_M1_SABOT_explode.sqs<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(!isnull _bull): _gp = getpos _bull,_dir = getdir _bull;goto "SABOT"

In the situation described before, the script skips the above code as _bull is already a null object. In this way, _gp and _dir won't be assigned to any values, thus causing the error.

Anyway, you may have already found this, so I'm leaving it anyway so that such bugs can be avoided in future addons from other addons makers.

That's it. Thanks very much for this masterpiece and keep up the good work!

* Eh, eh, eh... You don't fool me that easily. nener.gif

Thanks very much for your input. That is what I was talking about, we had so many ideas but we didn't see a way to realize them.

And yes you're right, the error occurs when the script has no time to be activated, that happens mostly at close ranges < 40m. If you have any solution how to fix that (remember, I'm no scripter) feel free to tell us, it would help alot.

About the high polycount in first LOD:

I should have mentioned, that it COULD cause lag and low fps but this MUST NOT happen. My game still runs fine with more than 1 tank on the map. We will convert this addon to ArmA and there such a high polycount will become standard (hopefully).

Superb addon smile_o.gif

The only thing is bugging me when i talked to King Homer it sounded like we had found a balance between his and our tanks and now one of these beasts alone can take on 2-3 of our T80U series huh.gif

On the old one there was at least a tiny chance one of ours could defeat it at a 1:1 battle.

Btw the fact that the gun can be loaded in seconds doesnt mean every single loader can load it that fast and especially not after several shots within a few mins... or i smell a plot here... they are robots ^^

I decreased the armor value to 1150 (old one was 1500), this is equivalent to the armor value of your T80UM. The only difference is the penetration value of the M829A3 ammo. The problem: RHS is using the same value sheet as our tank, so I can't change anything and the tanks are unbalanced in the field of penetration values.

Yeah that is a shame.

I wanted to know if the coax fires that slow IRL?

About 750 rds/min.

a couple of big angry noisy beasts wid the word "Awesome" tagged to them were spotted moving in herds somewhere near DMA Libya tounge2.gif

perfect tanks i must say..brilliant piece of metal

hats off to u guys.....

i jus came frm a short demo battle b/w two M1A2's and 3 Rhs T-80's.....all 3 T-80's were destroyed whereas one of my M1A2 turned RED but still intact.

The battle was really fun....thanks alot guys notworthy.gif

inq1.jpg

So there is no equipement/bags in the back racks. Kind of makes it look like a tank that just came out of the plant.

Still a great addon, been playing with it for a while now. Kicks ass.

Great work smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif , It makes using the m1a2 in missions more interesting again. I am not a real fan of US armor but this one is great.

Cheers

Rotten

I've downloaded and given these guys a whirl. They are excellent looking of course. I am having a bit of a problem though.

I created a short skirmish mission DMA Libya that consist of...

Players Group

3 M1A2SEP (desert)

1 M3ODS Bradley COMBAT!

Oposing Force

2 T72B ORCS

2 T72B ERA ORCS

2 T90 ORCS

2 ZSU-23-4 Spetznats mod

The player starts serveral kilometers from the opfor, yet the frame rate is 5FPS which is unplayable. Now if i delete everything but the bradley and the three abrams the mission is around 40FPS. If I keep the russians and delete the Abrams and the bradley I get around 40 FPS. It seems there may be a script between the west side and the east side that conflicts perhaps?

I'm a little bummed out, what are my abrams going to fight now?

Yeah this is a great Add on and a very good quality one.

I like the idea of the loader.

However it is still too much powerful or maybe the T-80 are just dumb.

I did a test map where one single M1A2 on the desert killed 4 T-80.

They fire on me but only damaged me a bit, however all my rounds scored one kill each. LOL this is like fighting BMP instead T-80.

I used the RHS T-80 for the test.

I hope this can be fixed someday because for MP matches nobody will want to fight against one of this super killers. pistols.gif

Besides this, the add on is great. Thank you

welcome.gif

The m1a1 and m1a2 are know for blowing a T72's turret right off the tank... If it can do that to a T72, who says it cant take a T80 out in one hit? Unles you have seen a real M1A2 fire against a T80 and not see it in peices or the crew running out... then we really cant say the power, but from friends that are in the US Marines and US Army, they say they have seen a T80 torn into peices while they where firing against emepty T80s on a training ground... so, show proof it cant do that ...

Love the M1A2, hate the error i get... please figure it out, and fix it... hard to play a USMC CTI when geting that error in close HEAT rounds hiting the ground to nock a couple hajis back where they came from... Love the tank  biggrin_o.gif

Yeah this is a great Add on and a very good quality one.

I like the idea of the loader.

However it is still too much powerful or maybe the T-80 are just dumb.

I did a test map where one single M1A2 on the desert killed 4 T-80.

They fire on me but only damaged me a bit, however all my rounds scored one kill each. LOL this is like fighting BMP instead T-80.

I used the RHS T-80 for the test.

I hope this can be fixed someday because for MP matches nobody will want to fight against one of this super killers. pistols.gif

Besides this, the add on is great. Thank you

welcome.gif

I only can repeat myself over and over again: The penetration value of the APFSDS shells are based on the datasheet for 120mm which you can download on the CAVS homepage. It's from the same datasheet as the RHS values. Try to replay this scenario with 4 T80UM tanks and I guess you're not able to kill them all wink_o.gif

The m1a1 and m1a2 are know for blowing a T72's turret right off the tank... If it can do that to a T72, who says it cant take a T80 out in one hit? Unles you have seen a real M1A2 fire against a T80 and not see it in peices or the crew running out... then we really cant say the power, but from friends that are in the US Marines and US Army, they say they have seen a T80 torn into peices while they where firing against emepty T80s on a training ground... so, show proof it cant do that ...

Love the M1A2, hate the error i get... please figure it out, and fix it... hard to play a USMC CTI when geting that error in close HEAT rounds hiting the ground to nock a couple hajis back where they came from... Love the tank biggrin_o.gif

The good thing is, this error doesn't cause any trouble. It only shows that the tracer for the fired ammunition could't be created because there was no activation time for the whole script. We already fixed that problem and it will be included in the update.

I was fighting the RHS T-80UM that come with the FFUR Mod.

They fired on me but created very slight damage. actually I was hit like 5 times but I could still fight.

As real war operations not against latest Russian MTB modelas but against more simple weapons the Abrams that is an undestructible tank on paper is surely not so on Real life.

Take a look at This Article for instance.

We are talking about M1A1 but the idea is the same.

Even the RPG7V is considered a real threat if hitting some parts of the tank. I wonder how a 120mm Sabot could do basically nothing.

Same goes for my question, How comes that one single sabot fired on the front armour of the T-80UM makes a 100% kill.

The engagement I did for testing was made at about 1500 mts that for actual tank battles is considered close combat.

I still love the Mod King inlove.gif most beautiful and modelled tanks. Maybe the issue is not on your tank but on the T-80, I am not sure, however we all know the Russians are masters of building tanks and theirs are really tough ones to crack.

The players wee need to have a compatiblke and balanced Armour pool where a battle vs a Platoon of M1A2 and a Platoon of T-80 is not so clearly sided.

Anyway I am going to run some test not with the FFUR RSH T-80UM just to make sure that the FFUR RSH T80 UM is not "downgraded".

I don't know what to say, you can't compare FFUR T80UM with the original RHS T80UM. The Abrams won't stand 2 hits from thr original RHS tanks, not even 2 PG7VL hits.

I'm sorry, if you don't like it but I'm not gonna change the penetration values. I told you over and over again they're based on the same source and it's said the M829A3 shell has a lot more power than russian BM42M or BM44(M).

There doesnt seem to be anything wrong with current values, i just made a quick mission 2 platoons M1A2 SEP (8 tanks) Vs 5 RHS T-80UM platoons (based on Russian 3 tanks to platoon) and i lost a whole platoon (partially due to stupidity of AI and being out numbered) + 2 heavy damaged tanks, final out come? Called in A-10s rofl.gif

Seems if you can spot them first and fire first you win most of the time!

Cant wait for the update to fix the tracer bug, while firing on the move it seems to crop up alot, i presume its cause they kept hitting trees and shit close to them while travelling. Does the STAFF round work while moving? or is it best to just fire while stationary? Cant seem to hit anything while Im moving and target is stationary