Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

I'm still waiting for the patch on the T80s before I download them. Once that's done they'll be perfect, though it would still be nice to also have T72s as a choice for an opposing force.

The great thing about Sigma's T72 pack is it also contains a T90. Mainly though, Flashpoint contained a T55, T72 and a T80, so it would be nice to have T72s to fight with the SEP. The world feels empty with out T72s, it's like resistance with out kalashnikovs.

@ Mar. 25 2006,16:43)]Hm... My pbo protection method uses in addon. Where's mentioning about copyrights? biggrin_o.gif

Hey, man! smile_o.gif

These people give  a fuck about copyrights

So, relax biggrin_o.gif

Though I don't support ORCS on this one, I think it's a clear sign your tank is just way overpowered wink_o.gif

And ORCS Tanks aren't overpowered?! rofl.gifwink_o.gif

ssssh... we're not alot to talk about ORCS here... otherwise the truth may just come out rofl.gif

ssssh... we're not alot to talk about ORCS here... otherwise the truth may just come out  rofl.gif

and if not the 'truth', maybe some more nice vehicles and armour for the addon addicted community tounge2.gif

Because that is what the endusers like to see wink_o.gif

Oh and some more diversity for different arena`s ..especialy Middle Eastern xmas_o.gif

I played around with this steel beast during the weekend, and I am... amazed notworthy.gif

It's a fantastic experience to drive one of these monsters over the Tonali desert. The sound of the engine, the flash from the main gun, the loader shouting. Hell, I could almost smell the exhaust fumes.

But I must confess I'm a little suprised that so much of the discussion here concerns theories about how strong a real m1a2 is. To me it's like discussing wether Batman could beat Dracula, or if Supermman is stronger than the Hulk.

I haven't done much battle testing yet. Therefore I don't have an opinion wether this tank is overpowered or not. However, problems like these exists with virtually all OFP-units. As a mission maker I believe the challenge is to find a use for the tank, overpowered or not.

Hence the problem shouldn't be "The tank is too strong" in my opinion, rather "what can we put up against it, to create an interesting mission."

I see numerous ways this tank can be used, even if it does produce some lag on weak PC's, and even if it is indeed overpowered. Let me give you an example of one mission idea where this tank would be just great:

* A US tank crew gets separated from the main force during the night. When morning comes, they are alone (with their huge tank), in hostile territory. Now they have to take the steel beast back to safety.

* The m1a2 can actually be a weakness in this kind of mission. It becomes a fragile piece of equipment that need protection, instead of being an invulnerable machine of mass destruction. The crew will have to scout the area on foot, before the tank can enter bridges/open areas/valleys.

* The tank is easily spotted by enemy. For the troops it would be more benficial to sneak baclk to safety on foot.

* By placing strong enemy forces with AT capacity, backed up by armor and minefields, the only way to succed will be to play hide-and-seek. Now, try that with an Abrahams tounge2.gif

Since the crew consists of four people, it makes for a good MP Coop mission, as well as a SP mission. It's a single tank, so there will not be any lag from the m1a2.

I'm already working on this idea myself, but I'm rather slow and the idea is free for anyone who wants it (even the ORCS-people can use it).

Seeing the m1a2 put to good use in a MP or SP mission is, in my opinion, the most constructive way of critisizing and showing gratitude to the addon maker at the same time.

Sorry for the long, and possibly off-topic, post. But I was really inspired by this addon. My hat goes off to Inquisitor, Fischkopp, T_D and King Homer.

ssssh... we're not alot to talk about ORCS here... otherwise the truth may just come out  rofl.gif

and if not the 'truth', maybe some more nice vehicles and armour for the addon addicted community tounge2.gif

Because that is what the endusers like to see wink_o.gif

Oh and some more diversity for different arena`s ..especialy Middle Eastern xmas_o.gif

Gotta love that...

I guess youre one of these who would buy anything not asking where its from, "hey here a brandnew mobile only 30$...fell froma  delivery truck... tounge2.gif"

But we had that before, this i dont care where its from if i just get my hands on it.

Theres a FAQ pinned in the forums that may enlighten people on issues like who owns a addon and decides who he allows to work on it and who not.

Shadow NX

What is the problem?

It was request from russian community to ORCS. To fix non-balansed bugs, remove CBT crew. Where is link on fixed version here? This link was NOT posting here! It's exclusive version to russians, converted by request from russians.

ORCS did't insert their copyrights in addon.

And i would say: Thank you very much, ORCS, for fixed version!

And, thank you, authors of addon, for great work! Its a best abrams at this moment!

Yes thats easy, they requested and he delievered... jeez

Only he forgot to ask the Makers and by that the OWNERS of the addon and from talking to King Homer i can tell you he was very mad about this.

That btw is one of the reasons why many talented addonmakers left or now work under contracts for vbs...

Why not do it as ORCS always said, if you dont like it dont download it.

the point being i dont think they asked permission to release a 'patch' for homers addon...

Shadow NX

What is the problem?

It was request from russian community to ORCS. To fix non-balansed bugs, remove CBT crew. Where is link on fixed version here? This link was NOT posting here! It's exclusive version to russians, converted by request from russians.

ORCS did't insert their copyrights in addon.

And i would say: Thank you very much, ORCS, for fixed version!

And, thank you, authors of addon, for great work! Its a best abrams at this moment!

Maybe we should release a patch for ORCS tanks as they are totally unbalanced. Of course since it's only for the English-speaking community we don't have to ask permission for it. How would ORCS feel about that rofl.gif

Ironsight, who cares, as they wouldnt be able to discuss it on these forums as we'd ask the mods to lock all topics relating to it nener.gif

Well, I don't care anymore. The Update will include the older and less powerfull ammunition and everything is fine again. I don't want to start a flamewar on ORCS here, this was already too often the case. Thanks for your support guys but now let's get back to the addon. smile_o.gif

Maybe we should release a patch for ORCS tanks as they are totally unbalanced. Of course since it's only for the English-speaking community we don't have to ask permission for it. How would ORCS feel about that rofl.gif

You have request for it from English speaking community?  Where? whistle.gif

You have a request from more 50% english endusers? Only from visitors this forum? I don't think so.

Anyone(who post messages in topic) in our forum ask for it.

We ask - he make. For us, for endusers nener.gif

And i say again - link was NOT posting here.

So...

Btw, where is BIS config version this abrams in editor? ORCS  have it for their tanks. Where is Voyager copyrights to protection method? Questions without answers...

Quote[/b] ]Well, I don't care anymore. The Update will include the older and less powerfull ammunition and everything is fine again. I don't want to start a flamewar on ORCS here, this was already too often the case. Thanks for your support guys but now let's get back to the addon.

Gold words smile_o.gif

There's no "ORCS" version of this addon. ORCS actually aren't mixed in this in any way, I don't understand, why you mention my team there. There's no one word about ORCS in archive, that's uploaded on Flashpoint.ru. I don't see any harm for author.

Btw, there's very normal ammo stats, as King Homer said. And pretty balanced. Main problem is still in armor. Armorstructural and armor values for separate tanks parts.

Simple fact is that whoever edited this addon and then released that edit (directly or indirectly) without permission is completely in the wrong and any resulting "heat" from that action was brought on themselves.

However airing dirty laundry in public forum threads is completely the wrong way to do it, best advice is to speak to each other like adults and resolve the matter in private.

Now everyone please get back to discussing the addon, any peripheral subjects will be dealt with by posting restrictions if necessary.

King Homer

Do you plan fix error drop-message?

He posted before that he will fix it if he can find a way to make the script activate faster as far as i remember

Addons aren`t such important things,that people can`t do ANYTHING without permission of the author...It was made just for our small community...Some spyies saw that and began an argue >>>FFS,guys confused_o.gif

As said before: Old M829A2 shell from 1994 is implented and will replace the M829A3 terminator shell. Now it takes at least 2 shots to kill a tank, so the Abrams is now partially balanced with the RHS T80UM. It's still possible to add the newer ammo type via init line or script.

The drop error message is fixed now and won't appear anymore.

Thx a lot

Where can be downloaded this updated version?

It's not released yet, we're still working on it. But it'll be done soon.