Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

I really don't understand you people sometimes...

For years and years all you've been wanting is more accurate, prettier models/textures for OFP, now you get that level of detail a huge chunk of you moan about how it doesnt run "perfectly"

Newsflash people, you wanted high-res, high-res is what Homer and his team delivered. If you dont like it, stick to the BIS models, which are "optimal" for the engine.

As for the whole pbo-lock issue, much like Shinraiden posted a few pages back, maybe there is a reason the pbo is locked?

/rant

WHOA WHOA WHOA!

dont you friggin DARE include me with "those people"

personaly i HATE high res models because they are unplayable. i HATE them. sef's H53's ORCS friggin tanks. they send me to a dimension of pissed off i reserve for rare occasions.

the last version was GREAT (model wise) it was pretty it was playable it was great. this version is GREAT... for screenshots and nothing else.

to me the maximum texture size that should be used is 512x512 and nothing higher. as far as models i cant tell you about faces and shit like that because i dont know the lingo. but i think they should be middle ground between pretty and playable.

so dont you dare group me with those high-res-whores that demand that crap.

second off: i know the reason its locked, some dingbat from orcs or something like that released thier own version of his tank with modified config values, i really wasnt complaining about it being locked i was merely pointing out until i find a fix for that im unable to stick to a "this lags" or a "this is playable" opinion. althou goin from what others have said im inclined to beleive this tank is unplayable in your average battlefeild tank simulation (IE bis missions)

My heart goes out to you lads. I can run a tank battle on TCS Plage's Nogova with 4 M1A2s, 2 T90s and 2 T80s (all ORCs, naturally). That with a platoon of infantry (DLEM + RHS) on each side, and ECP as well. 17fps.

Pappy... are you still confused about why addons have LODs? If this tank lags, then go slide your settings down in 'Flashpoint Preferences' in your start menu - it will then display a lower LOD as the first LOD and hence less pollies, less 'lag' (frame rate drop to be precise, not lag) and more playability.

surely by looking at the pictures of the LOD's posted in the discussion forum on this addon, you can see that even in the 3rd LOD you would barely notice the differences.

If you insist on cranking up your flashpoint setting higher than the benchmark tells you, then live with the consequences.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>UPDATE 3.1</span>

The Update 3.1 for the M1A2 SEP addon has been released.

It includes many bugfixes and improvements.

Due Community’s request we included a M1A2 variant based on BIS values.

Furthermore we added older ammunition types which are less powerfull, for better compability with other tank addons.

The addon is now full MP compatible, it was tested by Lee_H._Oswald and his team on their Linux server. Thanks to you guys for the testing.

For further information on the changes, updates and script commands please READ to the Readme.

Quote[/b] ]Howto extract the Readme and find the password: Use latest Winrar to open up the RAR-Archive (shouldn't be to difficult to load the current version from http://www.rarlab.com ). Open up the Archive and and search for the Readme.txt, doubleclick it and read it carefully - soon you'll find the password. To extract the PBO just copy and paste (STRG + C & STRG + V) the password into the password-dialogbox. Be sure you copy it without the quotes (""), just the text between them. That's all.

NOTE: JAM3 and CBT Crew are not needed anymore.

ReadMe.jpg

Questions, Comments and Bugreports are welcome. smile_o.gif

With kind regards

King Homer

Just a snippet of the full Readme. Please have a look at page one for full details.

Quote[/b] ] M1A2 SEP Pack

CHANGES

=======

1. Fixed error appearing while firing Sabot/Mpat at close range

2. Added two older ammunition types (M829A1 & M829A2)

3. Added RHS Smoke Discharger script

4. Changed track texture to current T158 texture

5. Changed direction of suspension arms

6. Fixed texture ratio errors

7. Fixed incorrect lighting on maingun

8. Added BIS M1A2 version, based on values of original BIS M1A1

9. Fixed some minor texture bugs

10. Changed position of gunner view

11. Added crew models + textures to the Pbo, so no other addon required to run the tank

12. Removed several loadout scripts, they caused heavy lag in multiplayer

1. Complete new highres model for M1A2

2. Complete new highres textures

3. Random marker script for all 4 models

4. New MPAT hit effect script, including new explosion and proximity fuse

5. Added easier structured smoke script, creating less lag

6. Added 2 ammo loadout scripts to change the whole loadout, fitting the terrain the M1A2 is operating in

7. New APFSDS hit effect script, based on Sebastian Muellers BTRT-T hit script

8. Better MP compability, removing all desync creating scripts at the start of MP games

9. Tweaked armor values for better compability with other tank addons

10. A lot of other config and script tweaks

KNOWN BUGS

==========

- while in cargo/loader position there's a bug with the gunner animation, this is because of the missing "look out" option for cargo proxies

- sabot effect still working on everything the shell hits

*************DISCLAIMER:*******************

This is NOT an official Addon. Use it at your own risk.

Enjoy the addon!

If you want to modify this addon or use any parts of it, first gain permission by the original authors.

This addon is mental property of the original authors.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Download</span>

Download @ ofp.info (23.1 MB)

Download @ ofpc.de (23.1 MB)

Download @ TeamODB.com (23.1 MB)

M1A2Abrams_collage_small.jpg

Full size

Big thx @ Homer, Inquisitor and rest for the chance to help out with multiplayer testing so this addon can now be used in hopefully many fine online missions.

MfG Lee thumb.gif

I should have added that you don't need JAM3 and the CBT Crew for the 3.1 version anymore.

Password in the readme which is protected by that password.

How come I didn't get the joke for this one?

the readme isn´t protectet wink_o.gif

yeah, right. I still skipped though it like always. The read me of course.

Pappy... are you still confused about why addons have LODs? If this tank lags, then go slide your settings down in 'Flashpoint Preferences' in your start menu - it will then display a lower LOD as the first LOD and hence less pollies, less 'lag' (frame rate drop to be precise, not lag) and more playability.

surely by looking at the pictures of the LOD's posted in the discussion forum on this addon, you can see that even in the 3rd LOD you would barely notice the differences.

If you insist on cranking up your flashpoint setting higher than the benchmark tells you, then live with the consequences.

Couldn't say it better. Additionally, you can always force texture resolution step down to 512x512 or whatever you want in OFP references. whistle.gif

Anyways, thanks for the update, King Homer and the team.

you who cant find the password, try to write pass wink_o.gif

that will atleast give you access to the readme :P

Good release. I guess there would not be much problems with firepower balance wink_o.gif

But, all gunners, remember that sight and armament are not in the same line.

p><p>Hitting something really close and not very big with the first round would be a hard task [img]<a href=http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/smile_o.gif' alt='smile_o.gif'> Aiming point and hitting point are not the same point in this tank.

Thanks for the picture.

This is caused by OFP engine limitation, no chance to change it.

But at larger distance it gets more and more accurate.

i cant get it unpackt cant find the password ! HELP!!

It's in the Readme. The Readme is not password secured. Just unpack it and read it and you'll find it.

Double-click on the rar-archive to open it, do not rightclick and try "extract to"!

Hello this is LTS-1GT, I can't unpack rar for M1A2 v3.1 password protection. What is the password? Help!

Hello this is LTS-1GT, I can't unpack rar for M1A2 v3.1 password protection. What is the password? Help!

There you go. wink_o.gif:

It's in the Readme. The Readme is not password secured. Just unpack it and read it and you'll find it.

Double-click on the rar-archive to open it, do not rightclick and try "extract to"!

sakura, read the readme!

When pass window appear, hit ok (even if you do not know pass) and unpack readme.txt Then find pass in it.

King Homer, it looks like we should request parallax correction in AA wink_o.gif

Well, it is not very disturbing when you know about it, but AFAIR I saw some addons with less parallax error (even if sight was far from barrel). Nevermind.

M256 finally smoothbore  yay.gif

P.S. Interesting, STAFF working only against "unfriendly" vehicles. Scripting limitations?

got this error:! INQ_M1_v.3.1.rar: CRC-Fehler in der verschlüsselten Datei INQ_M1.pbo (Falsches Passwort ?)

Got the file fom inq homepage!

About the parralax error - it is even present in VBS, and I did some extensive testing in both OFP and VBS to try and fix the problem. I couldn't find a satisfactory solution. sad_o.gif

From some tests I did whilst talking to Homer about the problem:

My tests show similar results with the machinegun,using the standard BIS M1 model as a testbed, the machingun on that hits a few mm to the left (on the optics) of the lowest verticle bar at 900m:

[im]http://deadmeat.gotf.net/stuff/mgun_900.jpg[/img]

And almost directly under at 1300m:

[ig]http://deadmeat.gotf.net/stuff/mgun_1300.jpg[/img]

Remembering that the M240 is only effective out to about 1800m, this seems perfectly adequate for these results.

It would appear that the aimpoint and the optics line up at the maximum range of the weapon. With OFP having a TTL on tank shells of a few seconds, and the SEP shells travelling at about 1km/s this would work out at about 4000m. So it seems logical that at greater ranges the shots would be closer to the centerline, allowing for wind (which DID make some differences in my tests)

Anyway, it appears to be another "shortcut" when BIS finished up the code (they didnt have any optics anywhere but above the gun, so why bother codeing for it)

Hopefully it'll be fixed in ArmA, if not in game2