Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

Hello, King homer:

Ok I see readme.txt now, but I don't know where or which one is the password correct one?

It's a good idea. Gonna try this beast now.  smile_o.gif

Ok their's a debate about the addon being protected agains't being unpacked! (Although don't forget if it wasn't for conversion mod's inq and the king wouldn't even be making addons for this game because most peep's would have got bored with it a couple of year's ago) i accept that.However please explain to my why you felt the need to password protect the compressed file as well? I feel if it wasn't for the fact you have used all this password/need to know/ pretection mumbo jumbo,the topic would not have had as many replys wink_o.gif Are any of you two (inq and the "king") employed by some sort of secret sevice?

is that the way you get people to actually read the readme K.H ??

well, apparently people struggle with it being called a 'Read Me' then complain that they cant get things to work. confused_o.gif

Again please for the love of god and apart from geting more reply's to this topic,someone explain why oh why is the rar file password protected as well? And smart arse's stop tellin peep's to read the read me pistols.gif  It's kin obvious crazy_o.gif Edit= mind you 10 out of 10 for the lad's with dreaming up a novel way to get more replys to their topic tounge2.gif

Ok their's a debate about the addon being protected agains't being unpacked! (Although don't forget if it wasn't for conversion mod's inq and the king wouldn't even be making addons for this game because most peep's would have got bored with it a couple of year's ago) i accept that.However please explain to my why you felt the need to password protect the compressed file as well? I feel if it wasn't for the fact you have used all this password/need to know/ pretection mumbo jumbo,the topic would not have had as many replys wink_o.gif Are any of you two (inq and the "king") employed by some sort of secret sevice?

To get the people reading the Readme. smile_o.gif

if its obvious, then why are you asking... oh, am i being a smart arse, shame hey? someone's got to be.

its KH's won decision - he's supplied the password with the addon, so for all of 10seconds of looking then whats the problem?

Messiah  i already know about the password stunt, I also know how to un pbo it as well! Now just for 1 second stop being a smart arse and read my post's ! Ie why why why

It would be nice if we could stop that password discussion NOW.

Everything you need to know how to extract the PBO has been mentioned before.

Thx for updating,but what should i do if i want to unpack it and change for myself fro example?

Thx for updating,but what should i do if i want to unpack it and change for myself fro example?

Why? Is it necessary to change anything?

Perhap's us "private"user's would like to implement it into our "private" configs confused_o.gif

hello, King homer:

I don't see any password in readme.txt, what is it name and call? Why password protection for? I don't understand there is nothing password in Readme.txt.

Perhap's us "private"user's would like to implement it into our "private" configs confused_o.gif

Well, than do it just for you, for sure I'm not gonna tell you how to decrypt, depbo and reconfig it. That's not the sense of this addon, neither of any addon.

@ king homer, just in case anyone new is reading your'e latest post you originanlly replied to LTS-GT's post and then edited to repy to mine tounge2.gif

For the next update, rename the password to "im a dumb n00b that cant read" thumbs-up.gif

Love the addon - but how do those STAFF rounds work? I have fired them several times at tanks, and they dont do any damage! I'm using FFUR 06, could that be affecting the scripts?

Love the addon - but how do those STAFF rounds work? I have fired them several times at tanks, and they dont do any damage! I'm using FFUR 06, could that be affecting the scripts?

STAFF is used to fire at targets behind obstacles or hills.

The shell works at ranges > 500m only. You have to aim over the target, direct hits do not work.

M8 king, I try read 8 times on readme.txt still can't figure out your password. You don't want us to share your addons why pw protection reason? Please feel free give me pw, I need it, want to make my coop mission on desert island for CATI. I'm mission maker for only coop all the time. This is my last post for you, thx for your appreciate and nice talk to you here first time.

Nobody should be allowed to protect his addons. Most of us, even King Homer, have learned how to create addons by looking at other peoples work.

You have to edit two strings in the pbo by using a hex editor. This two images show you what you have to change:

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2470/a4bb.jpg

http://img415.imageshack.us/img415/3984/b9jx.jpg

Easy ;-)

Don't post the password, the addon is King Homer's not yours, his choice how he shares it - Placebo

Hell that's not the sense of the password. Why do we need a password if you gonna post it here? It has a dman reason why we added the password to the Readme and didn't post it in the thread. mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

And Migebuff:

It has a reason why we decrypted the addon and it has been mentioned often enough before in this thread. Everyone who needs something can ask me politely via PM. Pappy Boyington did and he got his config, so you can too.

And it is still our decision what we do with the addon - if you do not like do not download it.

Nobody should be allowed to protect his addons. Most of us, even King Homer, have learned how to create addons by looking at other peoples work.

NICE, NICE ,and neigh thrice NICE!! They also seem to have a grudge agains't conversion mod maker's implementing this addon into their mod's! Now don't forget if it wasn't for convesion mod's the game wouldn't be alive today!