Sign in to follow this  
king homer

M1A2 SEP 3.0

Here is a picture of all of the components of the T158LL track assembly:

LatestM1track-T158LL.jpg

Great addon guys. Tested them on the Tonali iland. Used 3 M1's to assault a small town with some tanks and mech. infantry. Even got to use the staff ammo. Worked like a charm. Lost 2 M1's but managed to get the job done. The 2 i lost were mostly due to RPG's and finishing off by Tanks. And these were BIS tanks. Doesn't matter how big the armor value is, if you get a couple of RPG's in you that BMP barrelling down on you looks a lot more dangerous.

There was a drop in fps when the M1's entered the town but it was still ok.Don't know how much the drop would be when i put more than 3 on the battlefield but i'll have to test that.

Now i've noticed on this thread that people are talking about running hi-res models on low spec machines. I have a very high spec machine but when i used the ORCS T80 my fps dropped to about 2.

You've got to keep in mind that OFP is an old game. It doesn't take advantage of new technologies. I had recently updated my graphics card. This one laughs at F.E.A.R. and Call of Duty 2 where my old one had a lot of problems with these games. But i registered no change in OFP.

So even on high spec machines hi-res models are going to cause a drop in fps. We've just have to wait for Armed Assault to fully experiance these wonderfull addons to wich people have put a lotta work in.

Again nice work. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gifwink_o.gif

Man this is a gorgeous tank, i've just added your BIS Woodland one to my own custom ecp config and now i can drive a beautiful tank instead of the old BIS ones. I hope it's ok to add to my config cause i noticed its locked for a reason. If not i won't tell anyone how to do it.

Anyway thx for such a lovely tank, now to blow someone up. smile_o.gif

Outstanding work gentlemen. Well done. Excellent tanks.

notworthy.gif

O.K. after reading all this stuff its amazing.  Coming from me as being an ex M1A2 master Gunnner I think that the model is pretty awesome as well as close to accurate.  The only thing I cannot figure out is that if the tank runs out of a certain type ammo it will not reammo at am Ammo truck.

if I put 2 M1A2s on a map, and they engage a group of enemy tanks...Often, the loader in the second M1A2 will disembark.

ok - now for what might seem like a dumb question but I'm not into making addons etc. - I'm simply a player

How exactly do I replace the "original" M1 in my OFP ECP game - I get the part about copying the INQ_M1.pbo into the addons folder, but what editing do I then need to do in the config.cpp ? (I've tried just changing the model= "" line from M1_Abrams to INQ_M1 but whenever I then try to enter a mission using the M1, I get the send error report dialogue box).

Thx in advance

Replace original with this:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class M1Abrams:Tank

{

type=1;

side=1;

scope=2;

displayName="M1A2";

crew="CBT_crew_w_03";

nameSound="Abrams";

picture="iabrams";

model="\INQ_M1\INQ_M1A2.p3d";

maxSpeed=72;

laserscanner=1;

laserscanrange=5000;

irscanner=1;

irscanrange=5000;

accuracy=0.99;

hiddenSelections[]={"BS1","BS2","BS3"};

gunnerOpticsColor[]={0,0,0,1};

commanderOpticsColor[]={0,0,0,1};

gunnerOpticsModel="\INQ_M1\GunnerM1";

commanderOpticsModel="\INQ_M1\CommanderM1";

threat[]={0.9,0.95,0.5};

cost=4000000;

wheelCircumference=8.5129995;

armor=960;

armorStructural=2.0;

armorHull=0.59;

armorTurret=1;

armorGun=0.6;

armorEngine=0.8;

armorLights=0.4;

armorTracks=0.6;

soundEnviron[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\M1_Treads.ogg",1,0.8};

soundEngine[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\M1_Turbine.ogg",1,1};

soundCrash[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\tank_crash_heavy.ogg",1,1};

soundLandCrash[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\tank_crash.ogg",1,1};

soundGear[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\Gear.ogg",0.07,1};

soundDammage[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\Alarm.ogg",0.1,1};

forceHideGunner=0;

forceHideCommander=0;

transportSoldier=1;

hideWeaponsCargo=1;

cargoAction[]={"ManActTruck5tCoDriver"};

gunnerAction="ManActm1a1gunnerout";

CommanderCanSee=31;

GunnerCanSee=31;

DriverCanSee=31;

gunnerInAction="ManActM1A1Gunner";

driverAction="ManActM1A1DriverOut";

driverInAction="ManActM1A1Driver";

commanderAction="ManActM1A1CommanderOut";

commanderInAction="ManActM1A1Commander";

weapons[]={"INQ_Gun120","sig50calN"};

magazines[]={"INQ_Sabot120","INQ_Apam120","INQ_Mpat120","INQ_Staff120","sig50calN","sig50calN","sig50calN","sig50calN","sig50calN","sig50calN","sig50calN","sig50calN","sig50calN"};

class HitEngine

{

armor=0.8;

material=60;

name="engine";

passThrough=1;

};

class HitHull

{

armor=0.59;

material=50;

name="hull";

passThrough=1;

};

class HitTurret

{

armor=1.0;

material=51;

name="turet";

passThrough=1;

};

class HitGun

{

armor=0.6;

material=52;

name="gun";

passThrough=1;

};

class HitLTrack

{

armor=0.6;

material=53;

name="pasL";

passThrough=1;

};

class HitRTrack

{

armor=0.6;

material=54;

name="pasP";

passThrough=1;

};

class TurretBase

{

gunAxis="OsaHlavne";

turretAxis="OsaVeze";

soundServo[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\M1_Turret.ogg",0.03,1};

gunBeg="usti hlavne";

gunEnd="konec hlavne";

minElev=-10;

maxElev=20;

minTurn=-360;

maxTurn=360;

body="OtocVez";

gun="OtocHlaven";

};

class Turret:TurretBase

{

};

class ComTurret

{

turretAxis="OsaVelitele";

gunAxis="OsaHlavneVelitele";

gunBeg="usti hlavne";

gunEnd="konec hlavne";

soundServo[]={"\INQ_M1\sounds\M1_Turret.ogg",0.005,1.4};

minElev=-4;

maxElev=20;

minTurn=-360;

maxTurn=360;

body="OtocVelitele";

gun="OtocHlavenVelitele";

};

class Animations

{

class recoil

{

animperiod=0.1;

selection="recoil";

axis="osa_rec";

angle0=0;

angle1=0.006;

type="rotation";

};

class suspension

{

animperiod=0.5;

selection="sus";

axis="sus_osa";

angle0="-0.03";

angle1=0.03;

type="rotation";

};

class suspension2

{

animperiod=0.5;

selection="sus2";

axis="sus2_osa";

angle0="-0.03";

angle1=0.03;

type="rotation";

};

};

class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec ""\INQ_M1\gfx\scripts\events\init.sqs""";

killed="_this exec ""\INQ_M1\Scripts\INQ_M1_fire.sqs""";

hit="if (((INQ_Allow_Smoke || !((_this select 0) in units group player))) && getdammage (_this select 0) > .5) Then {[_this select 0,0] exec {\INQ_M1\scripts\INQ_M1_smokecontrol.sqs}}";

fired="_this exec ""\INQ_M1\gfx\scripts\events\fired.sqs""";

engine="if (_this select 1) then {(_this select 0) exec {\INQ_M1\Scripts\INQ_M1_Tank_Accel.sqs}}";

};

};

Instead of the sig50calN you should use INQ_M240 because this is the original M240 MG we implented, I guess you took the one from FFUR.

WOW!! - Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Hamis - I really appreciate your help with this!!

KH - you guys have done a wonderful job with this - to yourself and the others involved in making these addons I also extend a huge thanks for making my OFP experience all that much better :-)

If I can get similar assistance with activating the Uwar grass addon in the original (or preferably ECP) OFP campaigns I'll be pretty much completely happy!

I'm back again - unfortunately I can't make that KH/Inq M1A2 addon work - so I figured I'd just pinch the .p3d from the .pbo and transplant that into Res and ECP to just give me the nice looking tank (which is really all I'm after anyway).

I downloaded winpbo and unpacked the inq_m1.pbo, copies the abrams p3d then unpacked the original data3d.pbo from the res\dta\hwtl , replaced the abrams p3d with the one out of the Inq_M1 pbo, repacked the data3d.pbo and put it back into the res\dta\hwtl - now the game runs fine and the tank is definitely the nice Inq one, but it's all white.

can anyone tell me what I've done wrong here?

@Radic

did you remove INQ_M1.pbo

that mean's of white its untexed or like this, don't remove INQ_M1.pbo from Res\addons, then you will see your tank good wink_o.gif .

@King homer and INQ_M1 team.

Thanks for M1A2 addon, really awesome smile_o.gif .

I'm going to take this over to the addons and mods discussion - I guess questions about how to do it are not for the "complete" section?

Ok I took a look inside the pbo file and all I found was a sis file what is that and how do i unpack it ?

As far as I remember, the .pbo file is protected to avoid people to use the addon's content without permission.

We had to acquire the authors permission in order to include the model to FFUR, which they have kindly sent us.

Regards,

TB

Ok good to know. The only reason I was wondering because I wanna rename the SEP to M1A3 and add my own custom firing sounds etc... all for private use ONLY.

What did you do exactly to break the pbo's protection? since the concerned file is crypted, the only way to modifie this addon is to use it directly via FFUR.

regards,

TB

mikero's extractpbo (at least the version 1.1) can open this pbo, if i remember well, after extracting you just had to rename the extension of the model files into "p3d" as they were not given their correct extension

There was also a method using a hex editor which got past some addons' encryption. Im not sure if it works for all encrypted addons though.

Like was said I opened it up with a hex editor changed the protection and the convert.bin (changed to convert.abc) and changed the protect to the square looking O's and then loaded it up in mikes extract pbo i tried the latest version but it crashed and only 1.1 worked fine.

As far as I know very few addons are encrypted from their PBO's being opened.

Thanks for the tip,

I pboed some files using an older version of mikero's tool but withdrew this way since it was intended to Armed Assault, I wasn't expecting mikero's tool to be behind the decoding of the .pbo file, though.

regards,

TB

Yea this had to be one of my very first experiences with an encrypted pbo. I also took a look at the model in O2 and it was amazingly done and I have no complaints about it there. I just wish a TUSK version was done.