Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

Just installed this and am coming up with a missing addon error message:

jjr_rebels

I've searched the web but found no 'live' link. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It's Generic middle eastern rebels V1.21

Try this link:

-> OFP.info Download <-

---

I tried to play alone with no friendly AI against the enemy AI.

After ~45mins, the server fps are going down to ~7 and the lag begins, getting more bad, the longer I play.

MfG Lee

Quote[/b] ]

I made the CTI completly new, based on zeus cti.(A shitload of work..)

Runs better on nogova than mfcti based.

But on libya, the server goes down to 5-6fps, the players getting lags like hell and then low bandwith and desync.

It's a little bit better than mfcti based, but gets unplayable after some time.

I have no clue why it is, but it must be some addons, used on libya.

Are there any addons used with a lot of scripts running?

It looks like some scripts are running in a loop and using more and more cpu power.

I am sorry to hear that you still have issues with the Libya map and CTI. The problem is, that unless you triggered the scripts with gamelogics (radar, oilfield, etc.) there are no scripts running on the map by default. The units that use a new head model have a wait command running in the backround (@!(alive _unit)), this is the price to pay for the new (better looking) heads.

I am further sorry to tell you that I wont be making a CTI version of the map. I just cant get myself to reduce the map from objects, I rather add more objects in order to complete the map with some of the ideas that I didnt accomplish yet.

But since its summer mod working had to take a step back while I enjoy myself in the sun. wink_o.gif

You could always try to replace (@!(alive _unit)) with a loop that has longer delay time, something like:

#loop

?!(alive _unit) : goto "deadstate"

~2

goto "loop"

Should be less demanding indeed, will incooperate it, thanks AG_smith wink_o.gif

I'm making a mini campaign about Toyota wars 1986/87.

Shall I have some pictures or almost the Url of site to download 'em?

I need them for the mission overview.

Thanks. smile_o.gif

You could always try to replace (@!(alive _unit)) with a loop that has longer delay time, something like:

#loop

?!(alive _unit) : goto "deadstate"

~2

goto "loop"

indeed - a common misconception is that a the wait command (@) stops the script from running till that command is met... in fact its just a very fast loop, thus is worse than your normal loops in situations like these.

what i tend to do is have a loop time for single player, and a loop time for Multiplayer... by checking how many playernumber at the init, we can determine if its SP or MP, thus you can have a faster loop, or use the @ synthax in SP (which is affected less by looping scripts) and have a long loop or exit the script altogether for MP (where you obviously explain its been done for performance, and 90% of people wont hold a grudge about it if they've ever experienced those lag and desync fests that can occur)

Just a quick question... Are the fixed Toyotas ever going to be released for OFP? Hope they haven't been forgotten... huh.gif

Another quick question... not sure if this is the correct thread, but I couldn't find a DMA Middle Eastern Resistance-specific thread and this is where I found the addon.... wink_o.gif

I've been checking out the DMA ME Rebs (excellent) with a view to using them in my personal generic ME config mod (if I ever finish my ME Malden!wink_o.gif, but I seem to be getting a missing neck texture on some of the models in-game... It looks like they're wearing a white t-shirt... (ARE they?.. Is this post a candidate for the dumbest question ever asked award?) tounge2.gif

I'm damned sure I've seen a "missing neck texture" problem mentioned in some thread, somewhere, sometime... but I can't remember where...

Anybody got any Ideas?... have I screwed something up or was this an issue that was fixed pages back and I just missed it???

Thanks for any pointers, guys...

B

I just recently had that same problem with the DMA Middle East Resistance as well (and figured it was just me)...  sad_o.gif

Anybody got the scoop?

I think one or two DMA ME Res units may still use a tshirt from the DMA Chad pbo. They were made to be used together so I'm not going to fix that if that IS the issue.

The tshirt for the ME Res units is in the Pbo.

dma_me_res\tshirt.pac

So you could edit the path so you don't get a white tshirt on one or two units if the DMA Chad units are not installed.

Hey Ebud, thanks for the reply!

Okaydoke... problem fixed! TexturePathSwap didn't want to cooperate and I ain't got O2 installed at present so just did a "quick fix" by putting the t-shirt texture all by itself into a mini .pbo called "DMA Chad" and put it in the same modfolder..... clumsy, but worked fine!

Thanks for your help mate!

Bushlurker...

I think the models may have been binarized so texswap path wouldn't work anyway, only a hexeditor would do the trick, but I'm glad you got it working even if it's a temp fix. smile_o.gif

Thanks Sanctuary!

That worked nicely Now I can get back to working on my middle east Malden tounge2.gif

Cheers to you both for your help!

B

Thanks Sanctuary!

That worked nicely Now I can get back to working on my middle east Malden tounge2.gif

Cheers to you both for your help!

B

is it possible to download this from somewhere?

any other mirrors?

i tried to dowload it, but almost all the filefront links are dead.

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to download this from somewhere?

any other mirrors?

Try doing a search on OFP.info.

Filefront again has deleted files...

But the OFPC.de mirrors in the 1st post are always working for the files.

I downloaded and unzipped DMA facetex, but there is no readme file. Just want to ask, where do I put the .pbo file, in OFP/addons, or OFP/Res?addons?

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]I downloaded and unzipped DMA facetex, but there is no readme file. Just want to ask, where do I put the .pbo file, in OFP/addons, or OFP/Res?addons?

Thanks.

The best way is to create a mod folder, and put all the toyota wars pbo (the face tex, the chad/lybia/etc..) in your \modfolder\Addons\.

Quote[/b] ]I downloaded and unzipped DMA facetex, but there is no readme file. Just want to ask, where do I put the .pbo file, in OFP/addons, or OFP/Res?addons?

Thanks.

The best way is to create a mod folder, and put all the toyota wars pbo (the face tex, the chad/lybia/etc..) in your \modfolder\Addons\.

Thanks, but does that fix other mod problems. I seem to have some with the ICP weapons one too? confused_o.gif