Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

Hi Shashmann smile_o.gif

Williec has send me the updated Toyota and troop models some weeks ago. I have been busy the past weeks, so I didnt have time to work them, but yesterday as I saw the thread reapear I started working on them again. Cant make any promisses regarding the release date of the update, just wanted to let you know its not forgotten. wink_o.gif

@JGreyNemo

I don't find it in the readme, as it seems Honchoblack forgot to write this.

But on some archives i have, i found this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addaction ["Ride Toyota Front", "\DMA_toy1\script\tfront.sqs"]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addaction ["Ride Toyota Rear", "\DMA_toy1\script\trear.sqs"]

in the init of a toyota car so the player going near it can use the new actions, but i am not sure if it is what apply to the current toyota cars though, but that's all i have.

Thank you for helping out there Sanctuary. wink_o.gif

The way you describe it is if the player wants to use the Ride-on-Toyota for AI units (and himself). It was not possible to start this through a gamelogic, so it has to be done by adding the lines you posted in the init line.

The gamelogic that comes with the Toyota addon is used if the Ride-on-Toyota is used for the player unit only. You only have to place one gamelogic on the map, and the player unit will be able to ride on the back of any Toyota pickup (only the basic versions:red,blue,white)

@Dob

The icons look nice, I would incorperate them in the updated Toyotas, just pm me. wink_o.gif

And you mentioned you added sound, is that sound fix based on AG_Smith suggestion on using the HMVV sounds (which I am using now on them), or did you dig up some Toyota sound files?

oh wow, i cant wait for the update.. when its released i might make some more missions and release to every1 notworthy.gif

Hello there. I've been working on a multiplayer mission (CCE conversion to be exact) and those RHS tanks are giving me a hard time. I'm lacking the experience you have and so I ask you to help me out.

here

I understand this is the appearance script acting strangely, since those files (located in RHS_Misc.pbo) are really named a1.paa, a2.paa, etc. Why the "-"?

Oh, and I think those replacement units - Abrams, T80, T72 - are generating a MP error on those tanks. I think I saw that in one of TacRod's MP missions.

Are there any news about the "more multiplayer friendly" libya island?

While waiting, I put cti on afghaneveron.... which has the same problems like libya.

After ~30mins of playing, all the players are getting horror frame drop every second. After ~60mins everything is unplayable.

There are no other good "desert islands" arround, so some news would be great.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

A question to the DMA team. I've got a problem with the Toyota Wars unit Replacement. I've activated the Toyota Wars units replasment with ECP, and put King Homers M1A2 (V3.1) on the Lybia island. Once I got ingame I noticed that crew positions are not normal. The tanks interior seems to be above me when I'm inside. I can still aim with sights and see the tank from outside. This does not happen on the same map and tank when activated without the unit replacement (@toyotawars;@ecp). That's why I don't think the problem is with the tank. ......Suggestions?

I don't have the unit replacement, but the probable reason is that the replacement replaces the standard M1A1 crew animations, so, as a result the M1A2 will be effected.

But, like I said, I don't have the unit replacement mod, so, I wouldn't know tounge2.gif

A question to the DMA team. I've got a problem with the Toyota Wars unit Replacement. I've activated the Toyota Wars units replasment with ECP, and put King Homers M1A2 (V3.1) on the Lybia island. Once I got ingame I noticed that crew positions are not normal. The tanks interior seems to be above me when I'm inside. I can still aim with sights and see the tank from outside. This does not happen on the same map and tank when activated without the unit replacement (@toyotawars;@ecp). That's why I don't think the problem is with the tank. ......Suggestions?

Honchoblack is difficult to find since some weeks, but as i think to know what is the problem, here is my reply.

I have not played the toyota wars config mod, but a quick look into the config of it show that the Abrams is replaced by one of the RHS T55.

And the RHS T55 are using the BIS T55 driver/gunner/commander animations, so the Abrams ....inAction values are now using the T55 ones.

I guess the M1A2 SEP addon is inheriting from the Abrams original class, and so is supposed to use the BIS Abrams animations.

But when playing with the toyota wars config, it inherits now of the T55 driver/commander/gunner animations, and so that's why you see this problem.

The only solution is to not use the toyota wars config mod, as it is not extra addons friendly at all :

By using the toyota wars addons standalone, you will be able to use the M1A2 SEP without any problem on the island and continue to be able to use the toyota wars troops.

Are there any news about the "more multiplayer friendly" libya island?

While waiting, I put cti on afghaneveron.... which has the same problems like libya.

After ~30mins of playing, all the players are getting horror frame drop every second. After ~60mins everything is unplayable.

There are no other good "desert islands" arround, so some news would be great.

As it is more than difficult to get a hold of Honchoblack nowadays, i have unfortunately no answer as only him know what he wants to do or not do.

I sure hope to see one day a MP friendly version of the Lybia island too, as this island would be a really perfect MP sandbox with its AI friendly big cities, but i don't hold my breath on it as i doubt it will happen unfortunately.

Ah, that's a shame, I was just about to start making a CTI on your excellent island sad_o.gif

@L.H.Oswald:

We at USMC used to play (squad disbanded some time ago, tho not before the new DMA Libya release) CTI on Libya and Cat's Afghanistan, longest session was about 6 hrs if I remember correctly. We also had dozen of coop missions on Afghan, and they all worked fine. Altough sometimes we did have massive slowdowns as you describe, but that wasn't frequent enough.

@Ase290406,sanctuary is right in his reply! However when he say's (and i qoute) "By using the toyota wars addons standalone, you will be able to use the M1A2 SEP without any problem on the island and continue to be able to use the toyota wars troops." I am afraid i have to differ,to be more specific if you say have 3 or more of these tanks on you're island you will get problems.The problems will be in the shape of a major lag fest due king homer's latest incarnation of the M1A2 SEP.

@L.H.Oswald:

We at USMC used to play (squad disbanded some time ago, tho not before the new DMA Libya release) CTI on Libya and Cat's Afghanistan, longest session was about 6 hrs if I remember correctly. We also had dozen of coop missions on Afghan, and they all worked fine. Altough sometimes we did have massive slowdowns as you describe, but that wasn't frequent enough.

Yup, had a steady 5fps in the begginning, and 5fps 3 hours later too rofl.gif

crazy_o.gif

*note: Must get new comp

@L.H.Oswald:

CTI with tons of fantastic addons or the 08/15 cti with 5 years old bis units?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

@L.H.Oswald:

Sniper, I'd LOVE to get my hands on any desert-themed CTIs you and your squad used! wow_o.gif I'm getting bored of the Bundeswehr tounge2.gif

@L.H.Oswald:

- SafetyCatch's USMC Troops

- SJB Weapons Pack

- Private edit of CBT HMMWV's (Removed the dependencies to HYK, offcourse with CBT permission)

- VIT AH1's

- GMER

- JAM3

- Mapfact Barracken replaces the old style CWC buildings

I could go on, but you know what I mean, most of the BIS troops were replaced.

@Shashman:

No. CTI is too buggy in the current state for any kind of distribution and I doubt that myself an original editors of the CTI would continue to debug it. We used ZSCTI template, you can do it yourself.

OK well I'll give it a go. What's the difference between zscti and crcti? I have the instructions for modifying a crcti, but I've never even tried zscti

I don't think there is much difference, only thing I remember is that Zeus stated that their CTI is an optimised version.

I will try the zeus cti.

First on desert nog 2, then on Libya.

I REALLY hope it works, cause DMA Libya is a fantastic fighting place for a cti based mission.

Thx all.

MfG Lee

ahh got an problem on the map, it says befor playing it Missing baracken\ofp_zaun01.p3d what is this? Also the lights at night dont come on, plz tell me what i need to dl or give an link because the othere links for need addons for this map dont work. help.gif

Ok, just for info.

I made the CTI completly new, based on zeus cti.(A shitload of work..)

Runs better on nogova than mfcti based.

But on libya, the server goes down to 5-6fps, the players getting lags like hell and then low bandwith and desync.

It's a little bit better than mfcti based, but gets unplayable after some time.

I have no clue why it is, but it must be some addons, used on libya.

Are there any addons used with a lot of scripts running?

It looks like some scripts are running in a loop and using more and more cpu power.

A_sad_soldier.jpg

MfG Lee sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Have you tried it by yourself, against AI? Do you experience the same problems as when you play it with human players?

No, you should try it YOU against AI. No other human players