Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

When I get my new rig this is the first thing I'm trying on it. smile_o.gif 56k download um how long would that be for everything? whistle.gif

Humble Appologies Honcho for stepping on feet

Have discovered the importance of sleep, and not making assumtions about -nosplash, (never seen it matter before)

All praise notworthy.gif Honcho and the rest of the DMA team.

ahhhhh... amazing addon, i spend two hours playing on editor with the new vehicles, the two thing i missed was the sounds of the toyotas (nice feature to make silent attacks wink_o.gif ) and one dinamic campaign for this conflict, but anyway this is an awesome pack, good work DMA notworthy.gif

Any word as to if the Llauma face bug when reloading a mission is being worked on behind the scenes? I think these are some of the best looking units ever, but the face bug when reloading almost kills the point of using the new head model.

I'm really enjoying the old missions ported over to Libya. I had one of the top experiences ever playing the Libya version of Revenge a few minutes before posting this. Overall I must say that without a shadow of a doubt, DMA Libya is the absolute best user created island period in my humble opinion.

PS... Is there any chance of an updated version of Bleed for Oil in the works?

tounge2.gif

I have not thought the save game feature of OFP would break the face assignment script.

Not sure if it is something that could have a solution, as the save / load game feature of OFP is famous at breaking scripts.

Other than replacing the BIS faces in the Data.pbo directly by the new faces (made for Llauma's head model) that would have been renamed like the BIS ones, using an installer similar to the one from the Llauma/Kegetys skypacks, i doubt a real solution will occur.

And even in that case it would create horrible faces for every units that use a BIS head when playing with such new Data.pbo.

PS... Is there any chance of an updated version of Bleed for Oil in the works?

Good question -- the final version of Libya 1.0 broke it... a shame as it's one of my favorites.

That face bug has been fixed with the latest release of GROM. It requires custom animation to be added to the model, though. I though you guys knew about it.

No, I didn't know about it until now. Just don't have the time to watch all threads all the time.

Well, this should put a patch off for about a week or so, and it will mean pretty much every pbo will need to be downloaded again.

But I'll fix it smile_o.gif

is there any slight chance that there will be a more lush and green island using the objects from Libya in the near future?

i am pretty sure that not ALL of libya is desert wink_o.gif

Maybe this is a stupid question but is there any way to have enemy AI riding on the Toyotas?

Excellent work guys, the only thing I can find to dislike about it so far is that....well...no I'm stumped wink_o.gif

can we expect to see some more vehicles to go with the map like the BRDM? Alot of the Libyan militaries equipment has already been made in one form or another just need to be repainted...T-55's, BMP's...Urals..etc ...I'm not saying we need ANOTHER mod just a couple repaints of readily avaliable and under-used addons...

Libyan Army

Equipment

Lybian Air Force

Air Force Equipment

just a thought....

can i use DMA army together with toyotawars? (at the same time)

if so, where do i find DMA army?

Quote[/b] ]That face bug has been fixed with the latest release of GROM. It requires custom animation to be added to the model, though. I though you guys knew about it.

That's good to hear, I have noticed a small bug with the GROM guys though. When they begin a mission in a vehicle and then exit the vehicle their face will keep changing ot a new one every second. Do I have an out of date version?

Quote[/b] ]Well, this should put a patch off for about a week or so, and it will mean pretty much every pbo will need to be downloaded again.

Definitely worth the wait smile_o.gif

This has been fixed too - the animation simply had to be added to another LOD (Offtime forgot to add it to one in the latest version). See the Llauma head discussion topic for more info. The only bug now I can find is that when I start my Llauma-headed guys in a vehicle, their faces are fecked until they get out. After that, all is fine.

Also, please check your PM once I send you one - I have a question for you.

Sorry I couldnt provide answers so far for all the different questions poping up regarding Toyota Wars. But the last couple of days I had a virus marrouding on my harddrives worse than the Golden Horde, but after 4 windows reinstalls, numerous virusscans with 4 different scanners as well as trojan hunts with a loss of 60gb of data, and now secured by 2 firewalls as well as 2 virus scanners, I believe that my trusted machine and I came out the winners in this desperate struggle.

I am also most deligthed to say that I managed to backup all my sensible data and ofp work. I just cant imagine if I would have lost the month of work, as well as those files that arent replacable (I did loose my complete colection of military video reference documents (many gb worth off), as well as my whole collection of internet links regarding the Toyota Wars/libya/chad). crazy_o.gif

Anyway, I will answer all the question that may arrise, once I am sure that this fight isnt all but over, so back for me to an endless backup session to secure whats left in the ruins of my destroyed harddrives. pistols.gif

Honcho, it's a shame you lost that documents. At least, good you managed to backup other files... sad_o.gif

DB-ERAUPilot, there's a BRDM-2 in 'Libyan' paintscheme already. Check the first post. As for the tanks, you can always use RHS ones.

Continueing on face bug topic, the last problem Cameroon mentioned can be solved by adding a very simple init script for vehicles - see WPS/OFPL addons. Precisely look for OFPL_WPS_0.pbo/reperr.sqs (IIRC).

I've supposedly taken over developing the next version of GROM, so when I manage to find enough free time, I'll add a simple all-you-need to know tutorial to come along with it. whistle.gif

Ok, I have a big problem, maybe someone can help or has an idea.

I made a CTI US vs Libya on the wonderfull DMA Libya map.

The cti is made first on desert nogova to test some things and it runs perfect there.

Now I have copied the whole cti to libya island and moved the city markers and stuff.

And here is where the problems begin.

When we begin to play, everything is ok, but then the fps are jumping up and down so ofp is stuttering every second.

The longer you play the more stuttering you get, it's pure horror.

---

I have tried to replace some addons like the vitapc or the orcs bmp1, shilka, t72(the "bis" versions without scripts) and others with BIS addons, but that did not changed it.

The oilfield scripts are not activated, so no burning and stuff.

It has nothing to do with desync or bad connection, even the server makes enough fps.

It has nothing to do with the ofp config or graphics card settings.

It looks like, that there is something going wrong on the clients. OFP is using normal amount of ram, but the cpu seems to be working on something at a 100%. But what is it?

Remember, the same(exact the same) cti is running perfect on desert nogova!

---

Has anybody an idea what is causing this?

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

As there is no built-in scripts running by default in the islands (as you must activate them yourself if you want to see them) , i think it is certainly the amount of objects, the amount of different textures and different buildings are not making things easy for a server, as the DMA Lybia seems more intense than Nogova for the system, that's the price to pay for a superb environment and big cities totally AI friendly.

That combined with the amount of scripts, with low delay and the amount of AI running in a CTI combined to the DMA Lybia is certainly what makes your game to stutter.

We discussed about a "MP" version of the DMA Lybia , so a CTI would not be more server intensive than with any other less detailled island.

This "MP" island will have certainly a lot of object removed (else it would be as server intensive as the "full" DMA Lybia), not sure what Honchoblack is exactly planning about that, as he wants the island to keep its atmosphere.

But his recent hardrive problems will certainly not help him.

So all that is left for now is patience.

Great work guys - I'm really hooked on this  inlove.gif

One suggestion for the update: perhaps you could add ECP eventhandlers to the Chadian, Libyan and ME Resistance units?

It's easy to add them, and you get the extra ECP effects like bullet whiz, blood etc  smile_o.gif

Drop me a PM if you need an example of the cpp code.

Cheers,

CH

This "MP" island will have certainly a lot of object removed (else it would be as server intensive as the "full" DMA Lybia)

I'm not sure if the amount of objects is the problem.

The stuttering is in the deepest desert exact the same as in the bigger cities.

The server runs with extremly stable ~20fps.

Thx for your help.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Did I see an SU-22 in Libyan Colours in some of the Screenies?

Yes. But as far as I know it never got released. And neither did my MiG-23 in Libyan colors.

Did I see an SU-22 in Libyan Colours in some of the Screenies?

All of Footmunch's aircraft are roundel capable, so you just have to put the correct command in the aircraft's init box and hey presto, a Libyan MIG-23 or SU-22 wink_o.gif