Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

AFAIK it's only the old version with incorrect LODs that incorporates the Libyan colours, shame sad_o.gif

sorry to hear about the computer problems sad_o.gif

anyways anyword on the update to the toyotas sounds?

sorry to hear about the computer problems  sad_o.gif

anyways anyword on the update to the toyotas sounds?

Yeah, about that sound issue at the moment I'm effectively being flanked by a Toyota Hilux with a Russian cannon on the back.

I was trying to attack a stronghold in a quick mission and lo and behold I'm shot to pieces from behind at 50metres by what I thought (until it moved and fired on me) was a white rock.

You know, if it was a lone spetnatz soldier with a suppressed weapon - fair enough, but a goddam AI controlled pick up truck - that's simply too embarrassing for my own 733t gamer ego wink_o.gif Hah!

Toyota Technicals.... the silent killer.  biggrin_o.gif

Still I'm having a great deal of fun with this. Thanks for all the hard work.

(Also windows seem to be bulletproof until just before the vehicle explodes...  Is this a bug or simply a SP gameplay feature?  Like the high armour value on the original BIS abrams?)

I can shoot thru the glass...ok the textures aren'T changing but I can kill people inside toyota pistols.gif

Just an update.

All of the bugs have been fixed and are being tested/adjusted.

1. Face problem in vehicles.

2. Some headgear showing up in vehicles.

3. Toyota sounds.

4. Toyota fire geometries totally redone.

5. Toyota dammage values being adjusted, especially the tires.

6. Toyota dammage textures toned down for 1/2 dammage.

7. Weapons for marksmen.

8. Ammo for crew.

Thats all I can think of that's needed to be fixed. If I missed anything I'm sure someone will remind me biggrin_o.gif

No idea when a patch will be ready.  confused_o.gif

Please tell me those mirrored aviator shades in the screenshots are for download somewhere. I haven't found them in anything I've downloaded so far..

EDIT.

Damn. They're unit specific. Oh well.

think about the crew in the toyota, till now their are russians the standard crew, i mean, not that i couldn't change it config or initwise, but i am too lazy to do it tounge2.gif

I found another bug, not sure if it's been mentioned yet: the large rocks near the castle are destructable.  

It looks quite strange to see a large rock crumple like paper... tounge2.gif

-Pilot

tail lights on all the Toyotas. They're currently nonexistant.

Thanks, but I doubt that will be fixed.

think about the crew in the toyota, till now their are russians the standard crew, i mean, not that i couldn't change it config or initwise, but i am too lazy to do it tounge2.gif

They Toyotas were made to be a standalone addon needing no other addons. With the Toyota Wars mod they have appropriate drivers, this also will not change.

Hi there.  I'm trying to clean up and make sense of some of my Addons relating to the Toyota Wars files.

the addons in question are:

AKD_Weapons.pbo

EST_Weapons.pbo

WST_Weapons.pbo

What exactly are these 3 files used for?  Are they weapons for troops and if so which troops?  Are they for the UKF troops, the Chad/Libya troops? or the various DMA troops?

I did try and remove these 3 files and got no errors at startup of OFPR and when loading the islands in the editor and when placing various troop and vehicle units, but I'm worried if I remove these 3 pbo's I'll be messing something up. I did remove the missions so I'm not looking for these addons to be linked to that, if so then I'm guessing I could remove these 3 addons, but if the units/troops or vehicles etc. are dependent on these 3 addons, then obviously I don't want to remove them.

Could someone explain what these 3 addons are for?  

I really appreciate your time! Thanks!

---IceFLYER

At first,

EST_Weapons.pbo is a part of the DMA "Army" modpack

WST_Weapons.pbo is a part of the DMA "Army" modpack

AKD_Weapons.pbo is a part of a personnal update the user AKD made on the DMA "Army" modpack.

Honchoblack used some of the DMA "Army" .pbos as a basis of his "Toyota Wars" replacement mod. That's an optional mod that is not necessary at all to use the Toyota Wars addons, and so if you don't use this mini mod, you don't need the files up there.

See the 2nd post of this thread in the 1st page for more information on Honchoblack's mini mod.

Sorry for the stupid question.

I read the readme with the ECP unit replacement edition of Toyota wars that I downloaded and I couldn't find any documentation regarding having a unit be able to "stand" in the back of the Toyota utes.

What's the script or INIT line to enable this action? I've seen it posted up in the screenshots section so many times, yet I can't figure out the way to make them stand on the truck bed, anyway your help is much appreciated!!

I don't find it in the readme, as it seems Honchoblack forgot to write this.

But on some archives i have, i found this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addaction ["Ride Toyota Front", "\DMA_toy1\script\tfront.sqs"]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addaction ["Ride Toyota Rear", "\DMA_toy1\script\trear.sqs"]

in the init of a toyota car so the player going near it can use the new actions, but i am not sure if it is what apply to the current toyota cars though, but that's all i have.

I remember there was some kind of toyota car game logic included too, for the AI but i don't remember anything more sorry.

I don't find it in the readme, as it seems Honchoblack forgot to write this.

But on some archives i have, i found this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addaction ["Ride Toyota Front", "\DMA_toy1\script\tfront.sqs"]

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addaction ["Ride Toyota Rear", "\DMA_toy1\script\trear.sqs"]

in the init of a toyota car so the player going near it can use the new actions, but i am not sure if it is what apply to the current toyota cars though, but that's all i have.

I remember there was some kind of toyota car game logic included too, for the AI but i don't remember anything more sorry.

Thanks sanctuary. It saves me having to DePBO the addon in order to find the right command line.

biggrin_o.gif

Hello there,

First of all, great job on the units.

Was just wondering if there's any update on the patch? Having technicals with no sounds kinda sucks...

toy.jpg

i'v work a litle to the toyota addon!

it's now totaly operationel

icons and soud ennable

may y realesed it

Quote[/b] ] Posted on May 09 2006,15:16

i'v work a litle to the toyota addon!

it's now totaly operationel

icon and soud ennable

may y realesed it

Quote[/b] ]Permission

==========

You do NOT have the right to modify and re-release any part of these units in any shape or form without express written consent.

They may NOT be used in a replacement mod.

They may NOT be released or modified for VBS.

They may NOT be modified for any sort of commercial or governmental use.

They may NOT be modified for use

Before re-releasing anything, contact williec , the toyota cars are his work, and he may have more plans about them than just a "simple" update.

Quote[/b] ]Hello there,

First of all, great job on the units.

Was just wondering if there's any update on the patch? Having technicals with no sounds kinda sucks...

For now williec is busy, but an update will come, date is uncertain though.

The update has been done since about a week after release. Sounds fixed, truck fire lods fixed, face switching in vehicles fied, etc etc. All changes sent to Honcho for testing weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since then.

Also if anyone has changes of their own they'd like to have in this, such as the above icons, then please pm honcho about having it put into a patch.

ok i go pm the autor and join icons,

have u any idea for the relase because i want use dma_toyota for 1 cti, or may be i can use a pbo whith just the cpp modified by me for waiting the update

thank, dob

The update has been done since about a week after release. Sounds fixed, truck fire lods fixed, face switching in vehicles fied, etc etc. All changes sent to Honcho for testing weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since then.

Honchoblack is away due to real life commitments since April, that may be why you haven't heard anything since some time wink_o.gif

He should be back somewhere around the half of this month.

I downloaded all the addons except one:

DMA BRDM2 Desert

The link doesn't work.

Also is this only a mod with units, or is there a campaign that comes with it because i couldn't find one.

P.S. I can't wait to try everything out here.

You can get it from my website. just click the WWW link in my sig.

Glad to see this thread hasn't been left to slip into oblivion...But what's up with the Toyota update? Our technicals still have no sound confused_o.gif