Sign in to follow this  
honchoblack

DMA TOYOTA WARS

With the Libya map you get 20 adapted BIS missions that need no addons. Those missions can be played with your favorite conversion mod (Toyota Wars, FFUR2006 etc.). The missions feature random time and weather as well as occasional sandstorms. wink_o.gif

is it necessary to download dma army pack to play toyota wars i keep getting a error message

"picture \dma_lib_misc\images\toyota.paa not found"

i dont know what it means can anyone help?

That means that you are missing this addon: DMA_lib_misc.pbo

which further means that your modfolder containing the needed addons for the mod are not linked/installed correctly. wink_o.gif

im getting an error message when trying to play any missions "config worlds libya" missing .what addon is that.

Small bugs:

As an officer you can see your "cap" on top of the screen.

It blocks a lot of your view.

---

Then, you can have nvg's OR binocular, not both together.

MfG Lee

Lee, that bug was mentioned in testing I think, the tankers had the same problem. I thought I fixed those as well. Must have fallen asleep at the keys and just dreamt I had fixed them.

It's fixed now smile_o.gif

So in my config the AKS74U is just a scopeless AKS74U from the ORCs pack.

Yes, since I run a DMA mod with these I never even thought about that. As previously posted by Honch several pages back, this will most likely be fixed. Not right away, but there will be updated pbos <groan> or a patch coming in the future.

Quote[/b] ]

I've also noticed what Lee mentioned about the Binoculars and NVgoggles. You can have one but not the other for some reason.

I also noticed this in testing and mentioned it to Honcho. Can't remember why it was. A bug or a feature, heh, I'll let him answer that as he was the config guru on all this. For now just assume that they are a ragtag army with little equipment. I think that design decision is a bit confusing. Maybe Honcho will change his mind about that.

Quote[/b] ]

I hope you don't take these comments negatively. Just pointing out small bugs, I'm not trying to demean anything. The addons are incredible. They seriously don't look like flashpoint to me, I mean I feel like I'm playing a completely new game. I can't believe how smooth they run also.

Of course I don't take bug reports negatively. We didn't test this extensively at all as we were definately burned out by the time it was complete. Others tested it all and a few bugs made it through, some glaring, but there were quite a few that were caught, so the few that remain are annoying, but fixable smile_o.gif

First, let me say "good work"

I just have one question

is there possible to have more than one "ECP mod" : I want to have ECP toyota and ECP DMA army mod, and switch from one to another without having to copy paste the config and bin every time i want to use one e.g. ?

For example is there possible to have a -mod=ECP1; toyotawars shortcut refering to an ECP config for tooyotawars and a shortcut with -mod=ECP2;DMAarmy ?

I just have one question

is there possible to have more than one "ECP mod" : I want to have ECP toyota and ECP DMA army mod, and switch from one to another without having to copy paste the config and bin every time i want to use one e.g. ?

For example is there possible to have a -mod=ECP1; toyotawars shortcut refering to an ECP config for tooyotawars and a shortcut with -mod=ECP2;DMAarmy ?

that's something I'd like to do, too.

yes, that should be possible, as long as you dont run both mod folders at the same time...

modfolders, modfolders, modfolders...

use modfolders!

wink_o.gif

I am happy to announce that now 2 mission packs are now available for the Toyota Wars mod, both made by DMA members. Get those missions in the release thread of each of them. smile_o.gif

Additional Missions for the Toyota Wars Mod:

DMA Toyota Wars mission pack by Tacrod also needs CTI Markers

Featuring SP and MP in 3 different variants powered by Silola/mapfacts DAC using Toyota Wars units.

DMA Random War by Sanctuary

Mission pack featuring random war missions in different flavours. One version featuring the Toyota wars units, another version featuring a no addon version on the Libya map (to be played with your favorite replacement mod), and another 3 versions featuring the Marine Assault pack and the Generic Middle East Rebells. Each mission consists of 3 armies taking on a 3 sided war on random locations on the Libya map. This missions feature extreme replayability beacause of the random nature of the mission, as well as the possibility to choose mission conditions.

@williec:

I've noticed that the Toyota's body doesn't really exist, when it comes to bullets.  You can shoot right through and see the bullet hit the dirt underneath.  I know the argument can be made that this may actually be realistic, but it also makes it more difficult to actually damage the vehicle w/ direct fire.  Really, the only way to damage it is by grenades or some other explosion which causes indirect damage.  I know the Taliban truck had the same problem, but Wolf's Toyota actually reacted to bullets.  Just wondering if your trucks will stay that way, or if that was a fix that was coming?  

Either way, obviously not a show stopper.  They're a great addon regardless.  Thanks a bunch for sharing them with all of us.

No, those will be fixed.

Can you say for certain that you can shoot through every truck?

Again, it's a very odd error as every truck had the exact lods copied and pasted in, then changed slightly for things such as the DSHKs.

Very odd sad_o.gif

But suffice it to say that it will be fixed and that we are going to fire our beta testers. Geez, hard to find good help nowadays  nener.gif

Sorry, I didn't check each truck.  I only messed w/ 2 regulars and one w/ a DSHK on the back so far.  As far as I remember, all three had the problem.  Regardless, if you're fixing it, great.  If not, I'll just have to enjoy them as they are, which is still fantastic.

Thanks for the response.

As for the units, were the soldiers going to be made ECP compliant in the next update (like the GMER are)? Again, as others have said, not demanding, just curious. It saves a few triggers in the mission making.

I just have one question

that's something I'd like to do, too.

Yes, I do this all the time. At first you have to clean up your ECP modfolder which here means you cut out the whole "Bin" folder.

Now create a new modfolder named "ecp-standard-config" or whatever you like and put the original "Bin" folder in there.

You can now copy that folder as often as you want and put your different configs in them. Remember to put the needed addons into that new modfolder too and to always start them together with the "ecp" folder where everything else is in.

This way you won't need to copy the whole ecp mod into every folder and save some space.

And a big Thank you to everyone involved in this mod. I like it very much although I didn't had much time to play so far smile_o.gif

actually you dont even have to delete the bin folder in ECP, I just tested and it works when you address the mod folders in the following ways:

For this you have to copy all libya map needed addons into the

/OFPINSTALLFOLDER/@Toyotawars/Addons

folder.

Then copy the BIN and Dta folders from the @ECP folder that was provided with the Toyota wars download into the

/OFPINSTALLFOLDER/@Toyotawars/

folder, after that you should have following folder hirachy:

/OFPINSTALLFOLDER/@Toyotawars/Addons

/OFPINSTALLFOLDER/@Toyotawars/Bin

/OFPINSTALLFOLDER/@Toyotawars/Dta

Leave your @ECP folder in its "vanilla" state, meaning it is like you installed it, and has proven working.

Now copy your ECP working desktop link to the desktop with another name (e.g. Toyota Wars). Now open the properties and add ";@Toyotawars" at the end of the target line

Making it look like this:

D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@ecp;@toyotawars

Now that link will start with the Toyota wars unit replacement config.

If you want to play with ECP with the same link because you would like to use the units, but not the unit substitution with your "vanilla" ECP, you would only have to switch @ECP to the last position.

Making it look like this:

D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@toyotawars;@ecp

Now that link will start with ECP vanilla default config with the Toyota wars units available, but without the unit replacement.

Allways the last named mods config will be processed by the game, so this way you will keep your ecp vanilla, and still use the units provided with the mod with a vanilla ECP

Needless to say, that the next update will have all the needed files in such a hirachy, to make it easier to use with ecp without having to substitute files. For online MP play this constelation should also be kept, to get a unified way of the loaded mods. smile_o.gif

I am a bit lazy, so are there any "all packed in 1,2 or 3 packs" instead of many?? By the pics I have seen, this is a must have mod notworthy.gif

OK for these answers.....i can't try these by now.

Just one more question : by these manipulation will i still have the DMA leancrouch animation For both toyota wars and DMA army (or naval) mod, according to the fact that when i replace the ECP folders for toyota wars as explain in second post of this topic, i've got thes animation by "default" ?

(I hope that someone understand what i've wrote......)

The old explanation of how to install the mod is obsolete, look at the updated second post on how to install the mod, this way you can have as many mods as you like in its vanilla state.

The leaning is implemented in the config of the Toyota Wars mod, so whenever the mod is addressed you will have leaning ingame. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I am a bit lazy, so are there any "all packed in 1,2 or 3 packs" instead of many?? By the pics I have seen, this is a must have mod

Yes you can, you only need to download two packs to get the whole mod. download the following packs, and look at the second post on how to install it. wink_o.gif

DMA LIBYA MAP INCL. ALL NEEDED ADDONS

DMA TOYOTA WARS

+ecp (1.085e)

sorry but im stuck here:

ive got this far:

twmarg0jp.jpg

what do I type in the shortcut thing to make it work? banghead.gif

why dont you keep the name that was provided with the download (@toyotawars) this will be easier and may cause problems your way (because of the blanks in your folder name). Then read the installation instruction in the second post, you only need to copy files that are provided with the download into folders provided with the download. Follow the instructions of the second post exactly, then you will be fine.

Quote[/b] ]D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;@ecp;@toyotawars

this doesn't work for me huh.gif the first way , putting the @ecp mod at the final works Ok , but the replacement mode , putting the @toyotawars at the end doesn't work sad_o.gif

any ideas ? help.gif

edit :right now i use 2 diferent ECP mods , that works OK smile_o.gif

Seems like you didnt copy the bin and dta folder from the @ecp folder from the download into the @toyotawars folder then, its missing the Toyota wars config.ccp and resource.ccp, which should be in the ofp/@toyotawars/bin folder. Reread the second post, follow the instruction step by step and then it will work. wink_o.gif

yes, all the files are in their correct places , the only difference with your example is that i use 4 mods instead of 3 :llauma,libya, toyotawars and ecp , and that in my targetline -nomap is before

-nosplash , but that i think is not important , is it ? confused_o.gif

yes, all the files are in their correct places , the only difference with your example is that i use 4 mods instead of 3 :llauma,libya, toyotawars and ecp , and that in my targetline -nomap is before

-nosplash , but that i think is not important , is it ? confused_o.gif

you need to name the @toyotawars at the end, the last modfolder is the important one: e.g. mod=llauma;@libya;@ecp;@toyotawars

yes , i did it, it shows this message : prepocessor failed on file config.cpp -error 1. crazy_o.gif