Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Better make it even... guns Guns GUNS FOR EVERYBODY!!! And then let's see who wins... the small mod team with knowledge of the terrain, or the mass of ofp-expert-community members!!  yay.gif

Edit: Just to get back on topic... ArmA's recent screenies rock, I hope ArmA will come out soon, then my screenies will maybe be on par with the best current "real" screenies made with OFP these days... biggrin_o.gif

True, but those are screenshots to a sequel to a game that still hasn't been released... it's still got a loonng way to go, and those are outdated screens (I think anyway).. smile_o.gif

- Ben

True, but those are screenshots to a sequel to a game that still hasn't been released... it's still got a loonng way to go, and those are outdated screens (I think anyway).. smile_o.gif

- Ben

No, those are recent Armed Assault screenshots.

http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/ArmA_Progress_Update.html

Quote[/b] ]Gameplay

Large selection of weapons and vehicles.

Unique and proven combatant's AI.

New island containing large cities with many different, fully accessible buildings.

ArmA's campaign features a brand new story-line, with a modern day setting.

Campaign's setting and events inspired by real world events, military strategies and political doctrines.

Updated controls and command interface.

So those probably are placeholders.

Nah, just as isn OFP it'll be probably a mix of accessible and non-accessible buildings. No computer could stand a game with a 400km2 island and only fully modelled buildings. crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Gameplay

New island containing large cities with many different, fully accessible buildings.

Campaign's setting and events inspired by real world events, military strategies and political doctrines.

ok, thanks, missed that detail.

Placebo can lock this wink_o.gif

I have to mention, there is WAY too much bumpmapping on the new american soldiers. They don't look real and the amount of visual noise on them hurts my eyes.

Also, their body armor is the wrong color. The previous woodland BDUs seen in previous screens had absolutely PERFECT woodland colors, the most perfect I have ever seen in a game.

I also really liked the old American woodland guys. Will we still see them in game?

Quote[/b] ]Gameplay

New island containing large cities with many different,fully accessible buildings.

Many, not all, stop trying to kill my PC! wink_o.gif

As far as i'm aware it's already been mentioned that the longer it takes for release, the more improvements find their way into the game.

Whats the point speculating on anything? BIS are trying to release a game that they want to be very successfull, They have bills to pay. They will always be looking to increase functions of the game.

I have to mention, there is WAY too much bumpmapping on the new american soldiers. They don't look real and the amount of visual noise on them hurts my eyes.

Also, their body armor is the wrong color. The previous woodland BDUs seen in previous screens had absolutely PERFECT woodland colors, the most perfect I have ever seen in a game.

I also really liked the old American woodland guys. Will we still see them in game?

I doubt it will always look like that woodland camo,they might include it,if not then I'm sure the community would find a way to that when the tools are released.

Seeing how good these crappy old PASGT/Alice soldiers look, I can't WAIT to see new ACU soldiers by the community - they will look formidable, to say the least. Ah, the arm and groin-kevlar pads are waiting... yay.gif

I don't think theyre crappy. At least a hell lot better than what we saw in december press release. The gear is realistic, and remember- not all American soldiers wear the same pattern camo. Some have outdated ones, some don't.

Well, looking at the pics from Sahrani those US soldiers should be wearing woodland camo - or that other green, olive green? i dont know what its called -, there's too much green on that island for desert camo patterns.

Well, looking at the pics from Sahrani those US soldiers should be wearing woodland camo - or that other green, olive green? i dont know what its called -, there's too much green on that island for desert camo patterns.

We havent seen much of the new island to reason that desert cam wouldnt be effective overall.

Also consider the troops are there as advisers and playing as opfor sometimes, this is quite normal i think for them to wear differing fatigues when training others.

There are also differences in the weight of various gear. Desert camo is thinner for hot environments (which William has told us Sahrani is).

Remember the back story is that they are training troups, not fighting a war, so they would wear what was most comfortable not what is the best camoflage.

Most armies around the world do not issue troops with every camo up front. Rather they are issued what is needed most at that time ... the US is currently in Afghanistan and Iraq where they have all been issued desert gear. Were they then stationed elsewhere the desert gear is what they would readily have available. Unless they were being sent into a new warzone it is even unlikely that the Army would consider it vital to resupply them at all.

Not to mention some of the desert camo the soldiers are wearing are still the Desert Storm chocolate chip scheme.http://www.serviceofsupply.com/images/OriginalSale/Desert_Camo_Cover00.JPG

I think the soldiers look great o.o I don't see whats so bad about em. Unless your referring to the old ones which are the ones in OFP:E,in which case,they still don't look bad >.>

The US is running low on desert gear if i remember right, lots of troops in iraq wear woodland camo gear so i don't think that the USArmy would issue precious desert gear to a backwater training operation like Sahrani.

3.jpg

edit: i think the soldiers look great its just that i think they would look better in green.

i like the mix of green and desert actualy, makes them look cool somehow and not just plain green or plain brownish... tounge2.gif

i like the mix of green and desert actualy, makes them look cool somehow and not just plain green or plain brownish... tounge2.gif

i agree.

Think as a psychic War Effect on Enemys.. it actually works wink_o.gif

anyway thats how they use in real live...

iraq_war.jpg

click for 1 more camo pic

we "once" asked BIS to be as realistic as possible... and thats what they are doing... don't stall them. wink_o.gif

The US is running low on desert gear if i remember right, lots of troops in iraq wear woodland camo gear so i don't think that the USArmy would issue precious desert gear to a backwater training operation like Sahrani.

Heh, I misread this... at first I thought you said "Blackwater training operation". Isn't the mercenary company fighting in Iraq called Blackwater?